All-Star Panthers Vs Senior Elite (you Knew It Was Coming)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I personally don't see the point in comparing them at this point.
SE literally checked everyone by saying "We hit, first public performance"
It clearly isn't a secret that Panthers clearly have some work to do.

But, when have they EVER disappointed?? I mean, SE needed the most work out of all large senior teams at the beginning of the season, and they ended up winning.
This division more than any other one is an example of: ANYTHING can happen. Stars in 2008, SE in 2012.

I'm really starting to enjoy your posts lately :p;)
I feel like they're less biased than previously.
And I know we're ALL dying to see your divas routine!

SE always looks better at their showcase than they do at their first comp..Idk what they look like without the extra people/spotters. I think SE is more entertaining in stunting and Panthers in tumbling. SE has a lot of stunting, but both teams hit the score sheet. Either way, the top 4 teams will all be amazing by worlds!

Ohhh, definitely not last year, lol! Last year we looked waayyy better as the year progressed compared to showcase. Those girls really gave it all they had last year (and from the looks of it this year as well) ;)

I personally don't see the point in comparing them at this point.
SE literally checked everyone by saying "We hit, first public performance"
It clearly isn't a secret that Panthers clearly have some work to do.

But, when have they EVER disappointed?? I mean, SE needed the most work out of all large senior teams at the beginning of the season, and they ended up winning.
This division more than any other one is an example of: ANYTHING can happen. Stars in 2008, SE in 2012.

like, worlds 2008....:rolleyes:

I think there's a lot to be said about how well SE was hitting their routine so early in the season compared to Panthers. I'm a diehard F5 fan but I agree that SE was just so entertaining to watch and with generally excellent execution for November. Although I do feel like the BABS and probably F5 may out-tumble SE as the year progresses. Also Panthers jumps are always absolutely on point, which SE seems to lack in comparison? In my not-so-expert opinion ;)

Cheer Athletics trains to peak near NCA. Like Patty Ann says "I am okay peaking at Worlds." Panthers will continue to evolve their routine where as with SE what you see is what you get. I am a died in blue Panthers fan so I'm a little biased this season!

this is sooo not true! How many times did SE change their routine last year? The only time they had a worlds winning routine was day TWO of worlds. They will change and adapt to the score sheet.

edit: i feel like that sounded rude, no rudeness intended :)

I think only time will tell for this division, so there's no point in trying to compare the two teams. But I will say Panthers killllll their opening & dance and people shouldn't underestimate them or any team in this division.

this is sooo not true! How many times did SE change their routine last year? The only time they had a worlds winning routine was day TWO of worlds. They will change and adapt to the score sheet.

edit: i feel like that sounded rude, no rudeness intended :)

Execuation for SE will improve through the year but most noticably from mid Feb until Worlds when the other teams wind down and practice time increases dramatically for the World's teams. Happens every year. SE is far ahead of the curve for their building this year vs the last 8 years. There team is young and gaining skills, not fighting to keep them as veteran teams tend to do during the year. They will concentrate on execuation in jumps and tumbling more than ever and earlier. The other teams will be fine, it will be a great competitive year. Large All Girl is where it should be now, on sound footing and I hope other gyms will join the fun.

But I think the real reason they kept changing the routine, is because they couldn't get the results they wanted from the previous routines. I don't remember what routine they did at what competition and how they did last season, but I remember it just wasn't right for them (like their last music said, ladies, let's get it right) and the routine wouldn't click. It wasn't changing the routine and adding difficulty like what (I think) was meant. I'd bet a safe guess that SE isn't going to all out change their routine several times like last year. Panthers probably will (or at least noticeably more difficulty when all the stunts are doing the full elite sequence).

ETA: Sorry if this is jumbled and makes no sense. I'm going on no sleep because i did something to my back last night and literally can not find a position that doesn't hurt. so I'm a little brain jumbled right now.

But I think the real reason they kept changing the routine, is because they couldn't get the results they wanted from the previous routines. I don't remember what routine they did at what competition and how they did last season, but I remember it just wasn't right for them (like their last music said, ladies, let's get it right) and the routine wouldn't click. It wasn't changing the routine and adding difficulty like what (I think) was meant. I'd bet a safe guess that SE isn't going to all out change their routine several times like last year. Panthers probably will (or at least noticeably more difficulty when all the stunts are doing the full elite sequence).

ETA: Sorry if this is jumbled and makes no sense. I'm going on no sleep because i did something to my back last night and literally can not find a position that doesn't hurt. so I'm a little brain jumbled right now.

I think that the routine will change so much throughout the season, as it should. You have to add in what you need that will make you score better. I think that every team should do this to be honest. The only team that I follow that I didn't notice hardly any difference throughout the season was stars. (except day one worlds dance which was changed back) And they placed third... so I think change is good throughout the season!

Senior elite also does way too much. Just because you do more, doesn't mean it is more difficult, and that will definitely come across this year.

I don't think Senior Elite's goal this year is simply that. They're not trying to imply their difficulty through going above and beyond.

I would rather like a team that strives to be the best they can be, in terms of execution and actually hitting their elements–rather than a team that says "that was good enough, it scores well, good enough". (not implying any team says this, just hypothetically) I just don't think there's any room for complacency, specially in this division.

If a team can do it safely, correctly, and consistently, LET THEM. THEY SHOULD. :) They shouldn't get reprimanded for that. Celebrate their creativity and rigor.

Back