All-Star Panthers Vs Senior Elite (you Knew It Was Coming)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What works in some divisions does NOT work well in others, or rather, as well as others. For example, Rays philosophy works great for them (duh), and they typically do well in all divisions. Orange in particular shines with this, because they can hit the scoresheet well where it counts and when. However, when CA pushed the envelope above and beyond (squad tumbling), it helped place Orange in 3rd.

Large Senior is SO distinctly a separate ballgame, in which you need to do as much as you can with as much visual finesse as possible, while sacrificing as little technique/execution is humanly possible. Not that the other divisions aren't hard or deeply talented, but the CONCENTRATION of talent in 4 or 5 teams in LS is astronomical.

Personally, I think there's way too much going on in SE's routine. It seems almost cluttered to me. That's why I really liked panthers routine. But you guys are only comparing the two routines; we haven't even seen the rest of the large senior teams. Shooting stars is absolutely amazing this year. And I'm super excited to see what peach and F5 bring to the table. Honestly, I don't like when people make worlds predictions this early. It could honestly go to anyone!

I personally don't think there is a problem if SE is "doing too much" in the routine. If they have maxed out the score sheet and they add more skills/tricks just for the sheer fun of it then what's to stop them? Would you rather have them do too much or too little? Exactly ;)

As for Panthers, they did have a rough performance and we all know this is not the best we have seen them. But it's November. Panthers have time to work on their routine and clean everything up before the big comps start coming around. And let's face it, we know Cheer Athletics always brings it!

I'm so excited for large senior this year. It annoyed me too much that at Worlds we knew who the top 3 teams would be and they would all get a globe. The fact that this year some of our big name teams could be going home with absolutely nothing will hopefully be the fire they need in their bellies and we will be in for one heck of a show!

Last year at Worlds we out "cleaned" everyone and won. Not only was it difficult, but it was very well executed. There is no question that the execution will improve. I think gone are the days when you could count on that being the Achilles heel of SE.

Panthers routine is not ready to compared to SE's. It's not as complete. That's not an insult. The 1st competition was planned and paid for in advance. So they showed what they could RIGHT NOW. By comparison. Cheetahs seems much further along. Every team is different. It's too early to compare.

This is 'fun' to read everyone's predictions. In the end, here's what's important to note:
1. Panthers have ALWAYS looked rough in the fall and build momentum leading into NCA and Worlds. That's their strategy. The coaches didn't put them on the mat last weekend crossing their fingers for a perfect performance.

2. CEA will notoriously review videos and make ANY adjustments to their choreography to secure an advantage. With that difficulty comes risk. And with risk comes reward. They are some serious trendsetters.

3. F5 and WCSS are just as much legitimate contenders as these two.

4. In the end, it's most likely going to come down to who can hit a perfect routine. Chances are, on the day of competition, only 1 of the 4 is going to nail it, and that 1 will probably win.

This division is SO GOOD for our sport.

I truly think it's a little too early to start predicting the world's outcome. Don't get me wrong SE did come out strong, but Panthers have a little bit of a reputation for being weaker in the fall. Lets also not forget that we also have WCSS and F5 to throw in the mix for the title. All of these teams are AMAZING and have all won at one point or another. No one thought SE would pull it off in 2012 and win over the reigning champs, F5. Anythings possible, its all about who hits and who doesn't at worlds. :)

Still think that SE is a bit jumbled...tons of talent just jumbled. Panthers, as much as i love them and believe they're capable of hitting, nothing they do will be on that Large Senior scale, at first. We know that they can be on that level, but after a few years of seeing them small, the big production of a LAG routine isn't there yet. Give them a few months and they'll be there. SE just need to be cleaner to me.

This is 'fun' to read everyone's predictions. In the end, here's what's important to note:
1. Panthers have ALWAYS looked rough in the fall and build momentum leading into NCA and Worlds. That's their strategy. The coaches didn't put them on the mat last weekend crossing their fingers for a perfect performance.

2. CEA will notoriously review videos and make ANY adjustments to their choreography to secure an advantage. With that difficulty comes risk. And with risk comes reward. They are some serious trendsetters.

3. F5 and WCSS are just as much legitimate contenders as these two.

4. In the end, it's most likely going to come down to who can hit a perfect routine. Chances are, on the day of competition, only 1 of the 4 is going to nail it, and that 1 will probably win.

This division is SO GOOD for our sport.

I love this last line. Finally it's not just the same 3 teams that we know are going to medal. We have 5 strong teams that are going to give each other a run for their money. I hope every division starts to become this way.

I'm biting my tongue until NCA comes, then I shall choose...maybe. Oh the struggle of being a member of the teal army and a panther fan til' I die!

I feel like Panthers transitions are so much cleaner, CEA gives you the early wow factor, but Panthers creep up and attack. :D

So much talent in this division and it is going to be so exciting watching it play out. Just remember... Any givin Sunday....... Or Saturday if it's a one day comp. :)

Back