Poofs, Yay Or Nay?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Poofs are only good when everyone on the team has them and if they look good. Usually there's a handful of girls who know how to get it just right and can help the other ones. I have about half of my team begging me!

I love poofs! . . . but its a risk to set them as your cheer hair for competition when some cheer moms cant even manage a neat plain ponytail. :rolleyes: Some people think they can sent their daughter to comp with the same sketchy ponytail as they do to softball practice! Gah! Drives me nuts!

A lot of people are saying the whole team should have it, some look different, etc.
I agree, the whole team should be the same hair style, but you have to remember not everyone has the hair to do it perfectly. I cheered from 8th grade until my senior year and it took me until the end of my junior year to figure out how to do a good poof that would stay put.
My hair was too soft, it wouldn't hold anything! I also did poofs on a lot of other girls, some it took me 5 minutes and on others me and another good poofer would switch back and forth until we got it right!

I think hair poof are so cute! Unfortunately, I cheer for high school, and poofs are more common for all-star cheerleaders here. Hopefully I can bring them back :)

I think if the poof is done cleanly, and symmetrical and a good height they are PERFECT. But you have to get the feeling of it. Sometimes it takes a while to get a "Kelcie Burch" kind of amazing poof.

I like them really small with a bob or halfup/halfdown with curls. With a pony, it looks too out of place since the rest of your hair is all gelled back and theres this random poof of hair.

What's the secret for making it stay during competitions? Is it just massive amounts of hairspray?

Back