Poofs, Yay Or Nay?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Makes sense. Does it take much longer to set them? Whats the best method? A singler big roller or a thick round brush?

Makes sense. Does it take much longer to set them? Whats the best method? A singler big roller or a thick round brush?
Truthfully, I dont know. My gym doesn't do the poof. I was watching my friend from another gym getting her hair done by her mother. Anyways there are probably plenty of videos on youtube on them too.

I do mine exactly how Jamie does hers except I spray each layer as I tease it. My hair is super thick and has a mind of its own so using Big Sexy Spray & Stay tends to tame and freeze it for a whole day ;)

Here are a few tips which may help your poof last thru comps.... In fact sometimes you can just reshape your poof for day 2 if your not a crazy sleeper. You have to buy some root powder...2 of my favorites are Bed Head Sugar Dust and Rock Your Hair Bombshell Big hair powder. Beware A little goes a long way and too much will make your scalp white. Section your poof into smaller sections and lightly sprinkle each section at the roots and a little above your roots and rub it in gently then tease. After you tease w/a tease comb to The wanted height and before you apply the hair band or bobby pins, let it "set" so you don't loose the height. I then bobby pin and shape and finish with hair spray. Root powder fund about $15 and most beauty supply stores.

I love love poofs, but only if they're done right. Some of the girls on my team have like flat, lop-sided poofs. It defeats the purpose of a poof if its not done right!

Some gyms make their cheerleaders have poofs in their hair when they compete. Do you like them or do you think cheerleaders shouldn't have poofs?
I think you should only have poofs if you know how to do them ;) you have to tease tease tease, spray, pin and make them BIG. In my opinion thats the only way i wear poofs. Watch jamie andries's poof tutorial on youtube for help!

I love poofs! They're a fashionable way to keep your hair out of your face. Teasing combs make poofs a lost easier to do as well!

You do all realize that poofs are just a fad of the times and that when you look back at pictures of yourselves 10 or 20 years from now you are going to *cringe* and say, "Ohmygawd what were we THINKING?" I'm sure my opinion on this will not be popular, but, mark my words, it will happen. ;)

Back