Practice Wear

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 19, 2012
Ok, so I am switching gyms next year and am going to cheer extreme. I know its early to be thinking about this but I dont know what to wear to tryouts. Most of my stuff has my old gym name on it and I cant find any really good cheer practice wear sites... do you know of any sites or if its ok to wear stuff with my old gym on it??

If you were my cp (cheer princess) I would tell you not to wear anything from a former gym on it. A pair of Nike Pros and maybe a cheer competition t-shirt/tank top with a good sports bra under it that would allow you to take off your shirt if you chose. I know girls who came from our old gym to our new gym (both small gyms, no big names here) a few months after us wearing shirts from the old gym and they were looked at a little strangely; it was not a good first impression.

You could always go buy just a plain black t-shirt and wear that. I know they sell them at most craft stores (try Micheal's) and at some Walgreens.

I asked myself this question also when I joined my new gym. I didn't wear a shirt from my old gym (or any other gyms for that matter) probably for a couple months lol...gotta get comfortable enough to whip them out confidently haha.

agreed, definitely don't wear a shirt from your old gym. some tryouts have dress requirements, so be aware of that as well. i've been to tryouts where i've had to wear specific colors, plain shirts, sports bra and shorts, hair done a certain way, etc. when the time comes, you may have more information like that as well. good luck! ;)

What gym did you come from?? I'm moving to Cheer Extreme next season! I currently cheer at Cheer Craze Allstars:)

Back