All-Star Prayers For East Coast Gyms And Families

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My poor friend from Ireland is here and she's now experienced bad thunderstorms, earthquake aftershocks, and now a hurricane!

Up in CT we usually just get the after storms, but we're looking at a hurricane watch and some serious flooding..a lot of my NYC friends are evacuating, many of whom aren't from the area and are seeking shelter at various friends homes. Although I don't think we'll get hit too bad, I doubt I'll have work on Sunday!

doubt i'll have practice on sunday and hopefully wont have school on monday, i live about thirty seconds from the water in chesapeake beach md, hope everyone is safe!!

Thanks you everyone! Thsi is my first Hurricane. I just moved here from the Minnesota and I have no idea what to expect...I believe I am supposed to go to the store and stock up on food and water?

I have no idea how to prepare...tornado-check, blizzard-check, earthquake-check..Hurricane - no idea????
Bread and Milk, haha

@allthatglitters , whatchu makin?? Milk sandwiches???

@FamousMatty , stay safe, sweetie!! And all the rest of my Fame Beach and Central families!! How 'bout, now that the tvs went to the digital signal, our emergency crank tv won't work :( That's ok, though. We have our batteries and radio (which has a cell charger. Thank you, Lord!)

East Coast Fiercers: please get out if you need to and be careful!! Xoxo

Thanks you everyone! Thsi is my first Hurricane. I just moved here from the Minnesota and I have no idea what to expect...I believe I am supposed to go to the store and stock up on food and water?

I have no idea how to prepare...tornado-check, blizzard-check, earthquake-check..Hurricane - no idea????

Check the "Goodnight Irene" thread ;)

Also, it pretty much the same preparation, except don't buy anything that needs to be cooked, or could spoil. Unless you have a gas stove/grill or a Coleman. In which cas, add propane or Coleman fuel to your shopping list.

Be safe, Coach!!

Check the "Goodnight Irene" thread ;)

Also, it pretty much the same preparation, except don't buy anything that needs to be cooked, or could spoil. Unless you have a gas stove/grill or a Coleman. In which cas, add propane or Coleman fuel to your shopping list.

Be safe, Coach!!

Also this late in the game you might wanna find someone who read the "Goodnight Irene" thread a couple days ago and is a little better prepared. You ain't gonna find NOTHIN' in the stores today, sugar!;)

LMAO at milk sandwiches.

i'm pretty scared since my friend was nice enough to put a picture on facebook that showed that ct was highlighted in the color for "extreme" conditions just shy of "catastrophic" actually.. my house is completely surrounded by trees (my friends call my house a tree house..) & my dad is worried a tree might fall on our house.. at least we're on a hill so we never have to really worry about flooding but i'm still scared:(

Ok @Mamarazzi milk sandwiches literally made me lol. I'm still lol-ing actually.

Looks like Americas getting sideswiped by Irene. It's staying on the shore which is bad. The storm surge is what drowned NOLA. I'm praying for all of the east coast big time!!

(i hope you all have enough milk sandwiches!)

I live about 9 blocks from the ocean... We'll see how well this goes. We're trying the whole, play it cool and don't evacuate approach even though its suggested. I kinda want to see this mayhem unfold!

We are almost at the end of it here in Wilmington, NC. All faired pretty good here, we still have strong winds and are told to stay home for a few more hours. We lucked out and had power most of the night. We had the worst weather between 9pm-6 this morning. Lots of flooding at the beaches, lots of people without power and trees down. Praying for the people to the north of us they are getting it pretty good now. Stay Safe!!! They opened a Hurricane Communication Circle on Facebook, lots of pictures and info. It is open to everyone.

We are almost at the end of it here in Wilmington, NC. All faired pretty good here, we still have strong winds and are told to stay home for a few more hours. We lucked out and had power most of the night. We had the worst weather between 9pm-6 this morning. Lots of flooding at the beaches, lots of people without power and trees down. Praying for the people to the north of us they are getting it pretty good now. Stay Safe!!! They opened a Hurricane Communication Circle on Facebook, lots of pictures and info. It is open to everyone.
Could you post a link to the facebook page?

I hope the worst that will happen to any of us is power outages! I live down the street from the beach but people are parking their cars and bringing their boats to our street bc we're supposedly the high point in our neighborhood. My thoughts go out to my fellow fiercers.

And here comes the rain! I don't think I'll be seeing the sun again til Monday...

I live on the bay here in nj, but there is a barrier island blocking us from the ocean. everyone was already evacuated and the power companies turned power off in certain neighborhoods so if something does go wrong, it's already off and they can go to work immediately (guessing this has to do with trees and wires coming down?)

but as of now it is just raining. hope we're all wrong and the hurricane goes west :) but i hope all you east coast fiercers stay safe!!

Back