All-Star Prayers For East Coast Gyms And Families

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

waiting for it to unfold here in pennsylvania, hopefully it won't be too bad...my mom is locked down at our beach house in delaware though...hoping for the best!!! :-/

Like I said previously I live in Va Beach, not too far from the ocean front. We haven't got much of anything here. Some steady rain and moderate wind, with a few gusts here and there. We have yet to loose power (knock on wood). Some areas near by like Norfolk and Chesapeake have some moderate flooding. We are about two hours away from the end of the worst parts of the storm. Unless it goes back out to sea and picks up strength, I don't think you guys up north will have TOO much to worry about. In reply to the deaths, there have only been 4 reported thus far. One was legit, a tree fell on a house and unfortunately killed an 11 year old boy. One was a guy who was outside messing around in NC after the county had been ordered to evacuate and a tree branch fell on him. One was an older man, who had a heart attack from over exerting himself trying to board up and prepare for the hurricane. The last one was a surfer playing in the ocean after the beaches had been closed. Please don't think I am saying these deaths were deserved, or they weren't caused by Irene. I am simply saying that 2 of them could have been avoided simply by heeding the warnings that were given. So listen to the warnings given and all will be ok. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families affected. Stay safe and stay in doors!

SN: If you live in an area that was ordered to/ or asked to evacuate.....leave if at all possible. All deaths here were in areas that were either ordered to evacuate or areas that had been closed to the public.

Thanks Matt for the info. glad to hear you didnt get hit that bad.
I guess we are getting it here in Connecticut tomorrow morning starting at around 8am with the worst between 12 & 2. I live in the central part of the state and we are under a tropical storm warning & the coastal parts are under the hurricane warnings.
Hoping everyone is safe.

Thanks Matt for the info. glad to hear you didnt get hit that bad.
I guess we are getting it here in Connecticut tomorrow morning starting at around 8am with the worst between 12 & 2. I live in the central part of the state and we are under a tropical storm warning & the coastal parts are under the hurricane warnings.
Hoping everyone is safe.
Well, guess I don't have work tomorrow. Although somebody on my street just got into an accident due to speeding in the rain.. :( Be safe everybody!

I live in PA and Im watching the news and one of the creeks near my house is supposed to be 14 ft high in the morning thank god my house is one top of a hill!! prayers to everyone else as this hurricane passes!!

prayers to all the east coas families and fierceboarders! I've been glued to the weather channel (normal) this whole weekend and it looks like the hurricane is losing power, but if any of you have been watching the main concern is flooding and power outtage :/ for those of you that are riding it out, stay safe! The storm is so big so the problem now isnt necessarily the brute force but the nonstop winds pounding the coast and the constant rain. We are just starting to feel the wind pickup here in pittsburgh and we are nowhere near the coast!

-prayers from the steel city family

no offense to anyone concerned but the weather channel and the news blew this way out of proportion.. Irene is a big thunderstorm...the only problems I see are weak trees and you'll prob lose power due to said weak tree...

yeahh this storm isnt bad at all, ive been waiting for it all night i love hurricanes, i used to live in florida in the summer!

Well, this big thunderstorm has killed some folks, the aforementioned 11-year-old, and a gentleman in Chesterfield (my county,) VA, among others. All told, the storm itself wasn't that bad, and I'm a little irritated that the beach saw weather that was the same, if not better than, ours! Same gust wind speed, and @FamousMatty has power and I freakin don't. (Glad you're ok, though, sweet pea!) This is what happened with Isabel and we didn't get power back for weeks.

Meat grillin party, anyone?

Keep us posted on everything, New England fiercers!

Well, this big thunderstorm has killed some folks, the aforementioned 11-year-old, and a gentleman in Chesterfield (my county,) VA, among others. All told, the storm itself wasn't that bad, and I'm a little irritated that the beach saw weather that was the same, if not better than, ours! Same gust wind speed, and @FamousMatty has power and I freakin don't. (Glad you're ok, though, sweet pea!) This is what happened with Isabel and we didn't get power back for weeks.

Meat grillin party, anyone?

Keep us posted on everything, New England fiercers!
I hope you get power back soon..I'm in Pa and we are having flooding problems that are supposed to get worse as day goes on but so far so good...Ill be down for a steak lol

i live it new york about 2 hours north of NYC. my mom decided to dig a trench in the back yard to keep water away from the house! im still laughing about it
My mom dug a trench too! It's because we sorta live on/IN a small hill (like the main part of my house sits on top of the hill, we have a back deck that gives us some flat area where the hill slopes down, and the front half of my basement is underground while the back half isn't because the back is where the hill is lower)..so when it rains tons we get really flooded in the basement. My backyard already looks like a pond in some parts..But the winds have started a blowin'! I'm staring at the tree outside my window and hoping it doesn't come crashing into my roof 'cause I'd probably die or get seriously injured. No really, it's a big tree. The kind you don't want falling on your leg or chest cavity.

For those of you who aren't familiar with snowstorms, this is like us mocking you when you cry over 2 inches of snow.

no offense to anyone concerned but the weather channel and the news blew this way out of proportion.. Irene is a big thunderstorm...the only problems I see are weak trees and you'll prob lose power due to said weak tree...
And that alot of people, including myself, wont be able to return to work due to massive flooding on the Jersey Shore.

Back