All-Star Prayers For East Coast Gyms And Families

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Keep praying for those families that lost love ones to Irene and for those still in the storm... Please stay safe

Hope you guys are all OK! All my friends at UNCW tell me that the campus is having a voluntary evacuation (although only a few people I know seem to have actually left!) I was there during the hurricane last year but it wasn't nearly as bad as this. I was outside tumbling in it!!
Wilmington for the most part faired well! The beaches surrounding us and downtown area by the river on the other hand took a good beating and flooding but everyone is staying positive on saying "It could have been far worse".
I remember being a student at UNCW as well and tumbling and stunting in the wind. We were crazy back then! LOL! But thanks for thinking about everyone here in Wilmington!!! God Bless

My mom dug a trench too! It's because we sorta live on/IN a small hill (like the main part of my house sits on top of the hill, we have a back deck that gives us some flat area where the hill slopes down, and the front half of my basement is underground while the back half isn't because the back is where the hill is lower)..so when it rains tons we get really flooded in the basement. My backyard already looks like a pond in some parts..But the winds have started a blowin'! I'm staring at the tree outside my window and hoping it doesn't come crashing into my roof 'cause I'd probably die or get seriously injured. No really, it's a big tree. The kind you don't want falling on your leg or chest cavity.

For those of you who aren't familiar with snowstorms, this is like us mocking you when you cry over 2 inches of snow.

how about people like me who used to live in Canada then now live in SC!
i mock you all! ;)

My poor 'City..hopefully not too much damage. I have a lot of friends in Evac Zones down there so here's hoping they can get back to their homes!

Just found out the areas AROUND my street are without power and that the center of my part of town is completely flooded (as it always is when there's lots of rain). I saw pictures of the next town over and some of the main streets are essentially rivers right now..especially 'cause we all live near lots of river branches. Glad to be on the hospital generator with minimum (for now, don't know if it'll get worse once water starts seeping into the ground) flooding in my basement. And no tornado..and my tree didn't fall through my roof!

Adding- Found out a man in CT died due to a down power line, and two kids tried to kayak down one of the streets in the next town over. One is missing.. Also all of Rt 72 is/was basically underwater. Not that you know where that is lol..but man. Sucks..

i cant believe this, but my friend Maddy and Kim filmed some of the damages in my neighborhood most of the houses in the water are up for sale, but i dont think they will be sold anytime soon!

Adding- Found out a man in CT died due to a down power line, and two kids tried to kayak down one of the streets in the next town over. One is missing.. Also all of Rt 72 is/was basically underwater. Not that you know where that is lol..but man. Sucks..
The Route 72 part is in Bristol - my town. And also in Bristol 2 people decided to go canoeing & one of them drowned....so sad.

The Route 72 part is in Bristol - my town. And also in Bristol 2 people decided to go canoeing & one of them drowned....so sad.
I saw on Facebook a video of Nuchie's and Garnish and all that stuff in Forestville..it's a complete RIVER. Heard Mix St was awful too, and I've got to head to SP today to help my mum with VB practice. Hope it's cleared :(

I feel so sad for that guy, and it makes me sadder that it was easily preventable.

You know, it really bothers me that people are saying this was just a thunderstorm, or it was just some rain. We've had the wettest August on record here. The ground was already over-saturated and is unable to handle any of the rain we received. Our rivers, creeks and lakes are way beyond flood level. Not sure how you could tell the people who are under 10 feet of water that it was just a little rain. The dam in my town is collapsing. The lake will wash out to the bay, cutting off an entire side of town. Levee's are being breached and towns are still being evacuated. This is not over for many of us. Fortunately, our coastline was effected as bad as it could have been, but inland is in a bad state. The hurricane may be gone, but the effects are far from over.

We've had an earthquake, hurricane and tornadoes all in the span of a couple days. Now we have severe flooding. Not sure why we are being picked on by Mother Nature.

You know, it really bothers me that people are saying this was just a thunderstorm, or it was just some rain.

I really have to agree with you on this. Plus, it puts into perspective any time we've shown a lack of sympathy for someone experiencing what we see as normal occurrances. San Francisco has buildings that are made to withstand major earthquakes, but the East Coast doesn't. The North has plenty of winter weather preparations like snow plows, tire chains, salt/chemicals for roads, but the South does not. The VA/NJ/NY/MD/MA areas have huge numbers of people packed into a very small land area, saturated ground and lots and lots of trees, which is a recipe for the slightest weather issue to go very, very badly,
but people in coastal southern regions build their houses on stilts to prevent flood damage in hurricanes.

We just need to have compassion for each other's situations and not assume that just because a situation doesn't sound bad, that it isn't.

The storm was crazy... got power back at our house yesterday, but the area is still a mess. Our gym did get some damage that is supposed to be fixed today or so. Lost some shingles, half a tree, but mostly did well. 24 hours with no power was enough for me and certainly enough for the kids! Here's a little vid for you guys. It was a quickie I took with my phone when we woke up. It wasn't too bad at that point, but it did get worse about 2 or 3 hours later and lasted like that for a few hours. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWUGgf_FZJQ&feature=mh_lolz&list=HL1314634291 . I will get the other video off the camcorder once I find the cord for it :cool:

Latest posts

Back