All-Star Prayers For East Coast Gyms And Families

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm in MD, between Annapolis and Dc. I dragged in all the lawn furniture and grills, bought 2385332 gallons of water, stocked up on food and batteries, checking obsessively all evening for for flooding in the house, and made my cp sleep downstairs because of the big trees around the house on her side. So my first thought this morning was, Are you kidding me? My electric is still working, minimal damage around the neighborhood, etc. Did I giggle at myself a little? Yes. Am I sorry I took the precautions? NO! We got lucky in our little area. The last time I didn't take a warning seriously, it was when over 3 feet of snow came and it totally sucked for a week. I'd rather be safe than sorry. It sort of reminded me of our earthquake...no damage but scared the bejesus out of me!

My heart goes out to all that got hit hard and will have to deal with her today. Stay safe!

Thanks for these prayers. For my family, they have been answered. We're from Long Island where the hurricane hit hardest. We only have slight damages to the house and flooded cars. They are without water or electricity, but they are SAFE which is what matters the most!!!!!!!!

I am slowly but surely getting in touch with my friends. There's a tornado warning until 11 AM so I will keep you all updated

Thanks for these prayers. For my family, they have been answered. We're from Long Island where the hurricane hit hardest. We only have slight damages to the house and flooded cars. They are without water or electricity, but they are SAFE which is what matters the most!!!!!!!!

I am slowly but surely getting in touch with my friends. There's a tornado warning until 11 AM so I will keep you all updated
LI took some of the edge off what CT's getting, although the winds picking up again..

So glad to hear your family is ok @CheerKatie08!!
We are pretty lucky here in CT....lots of trees down & power outtages, but i do have power & actually went out a little while ago to get my Dunkin coffee!! .... i admit....i am addicted!! lol

Downgraded to a tropical storm! Power outages in my area (MA) and lots of limbs down! They are saying the rain (or at least the heavy stuff) should be over around 3.

New Hampshire is crazy.... schools are closed for tomorrow already!

So glad to hear your family is ok @CheerKatie08!!
We are pretty lucky here in CT....lots of trees down & power outtages, but i do have power & actually went out a little while ago to get my Dunkin coffee!! .... i admit....i am addicted!! lol

Glad you're safe! Saw your status about getting Dunkin! I actually had Dunkin coffee for my Keurig this morning.. there are none around here so I stocked up before going back to school :)

I think CT was spared a lot of trouble because initially 6 of the 7 'possible paths' for the storm had it ending up straight over the state, when instead it's moving more along the coast and up through NY's eastern border..not to say there aren't tons of power outages and trees knocked over 'cause there are. Some of mine are stripped winter-bare!

@Mamarazzi We had power all day until about 12:30am then it went out. hope you are ok. We can have the meat grilling party here at the beach...it is GORGEOUS outside and I have power back lol.

Queens got hit pretty bad... one house collapsed and another one looks like it will too... I pray for those families :[
Im in NJ and South Jersey was evacuated... so I had to leave my shore house... hopefully everything is okay... we didn't get hit really at all... Just A LOT of flooding and rain... :/

My house is surrounded by bending pine trees and half of one just fell over... luckily not on my house, just across my driveway. Very scary wind gusts right now!

@Mamarazzi We had power all day until about 12:30am then it went out. hope you are ok. We can have the meat grilling party here at the beach...it is GORGEOUS outside and I have power back lol.

Now I'm really hatin on you! Still no power and it will be out for a while, I think. Just had to rake my Mom's deck, and recruit her neighbor's boys to clean the yard with us. Trees down everywhere in the neighborhood - on houses, across the road, everywhere. Midlo gym has no power or phones, and even WalMart is running off a generator.
Might really have to come for the grill...and, can I use your shower? ;)

Mamarazzi said:
Now I'm really hatin on you! Still no power and it will be out for a while, I think. Just had to rake my Mom's deck, and recruit her neighbor's boys to clean the yard with us. Trees down everywhere in the neighborhood - on houses, across the road, everywhere. Midlo gym has no power or phones, and even WalMart is running off a generator.
Might really have to come for the grill...and, can I use your shower? ;)

And this is why I don't go camping. Bc it sucks.

this is a picture my mom sent me this morning, this is the town right beside where our beach house is in delaware.

swy06d.jpg

Back