All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does anyone have a copy of their program's drug policy they'd be willing to share?
From the code of conduct which is signed by both the parent and athlete: " No athlete shall drink alcohol or use any form of drugs including cigarettes while in XXXX attire or at a XXXX function. You will be subject to immediate removal."

Anyone have any advice of how to begin the transition from athlete to coach? I've done cheerleading for 12 years, 6 of those being all star. I don't have much coaching experience, but I have volunteer coached a tiny team for a month or two. I just don't really know where to start. The program I just aged out of doesn't seem to be hiring, since they just brought in 3 new coaches. Not trying to boast or brag or anything, but I have always had a lot of knowledge on legalities/rules, grips and have even helped choreograph a few stunt sections for my gym's teams. I just feel like coaching is what I truly want to do with my life as of right now, but I have no clue where to start. Help!

Anyone have any advice of how to begin the transition from athlete to coach? I've done cheerleading for 12 years, 6 of those being all star. I don't have much coaching experience, but I have volunteer coached a tiny team for a month or two. I just don't really know where to start. The program I just aged out of doesn't seem to be hiring, since they just brought in 3 new coaches. Not trying to boast or brag or anything, but I have always had a lot of knowledge on legalities/rules, grips and have even helped choreograph a few stunt sections for my gym's teams. I just feel like coaching is what I truly want to do with my life as of right now, but I have no clue where to start. Help!

See if any former coaches of yours or the coaches you volunteered for would act as a reference. I'd suggest credentialing, first aid, a concussion course. See if your program would allow you to volunteer as an assistant for a season, or if a school in your area may need an assistant.

Now we all know that there are gyms who are actively fielding IO4 teams for this season but some are still finding it hard to locate one less than 2 hours away and a 2 hour commute each way is not feasible for most college students and/or working adults who are wanting to continue or get back into All Star cheer. So, the discussion turned to starting a team, etc. which lead me to wonder Can you start a team that may not be affiliated with a gym and compete, etc?

I’m a new AllStar parent with just a general question.

I see that some teams offer host families for athletes to compete with out-of-state or the athletes “dream team”.

Do high school aged kids want to go compete somewhere (let’s say Top Gun just bc my tiny CP saw them in the lobby at NCA and fell in love {and the TG people were SO great to them, thank you TG}). But do the athletes continue school? Parents just send them off to fulfill their dreams? How does this work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see that some teams offer host families for athletes to compete with out-of-state or the athletes “dream team”.

Do high school aged kids want to go compete somewhere (let’s say Top Gun just bc my tiny CP saw them in the lobby at NCA and fell in love {and the TG people were SO great to them, thank you TG}). But do the athletes continue school? Parents just send them off to fulfill their dreams? How does this work?

I know a few athletes who are participating in the Top Gun host program. The youngest athlete went down for his senior year and then super seniored this season on TGLC. He stayed with a host family during that first year and finished his school via internet classes. He got his diploma from his school in his hometown so the credits transferred. This season, he rented his own apartment with some gym mates. Most of them attend college classes at places like FIU and some cheer for the colleges too. A couple of them juggle jobs too . They were placed on either TGLC or OO5, so they had very successful seasons ;)

While I know it wasn’t always easy for him to leave while still in high school, I know that he has had the most amazing time being part of TG. I have also seen him grow into a great guy too. It definitely was the right move for him and the others.

For Restricted 5 on the level appropriate examples for the 2018/19 season from Varisty, “bhs series to whips and layouts” is now considered level appropriate for R5. Does this mean that we could do team bhs bhs lay’s and get into the high range, where before it needed to go to a full?

For Restricted 5 on the level appropriate examples for the 2018/19 season from Varisty, “bhs series to whips and layouts” is now considered level appropriate for R5. Does this mean that we could do team bhs bhs lay’s and get into the high range, where before it needed to go to a full?
no more standing tumbling to fulls.........as per new rule.

I know a few athletes who are participating in the Top Gun host program. The youngest athlete went down for his senior year and then super seniored this season on TGLC. He stayed with a host family during that first year and finished his school via internet classes. He got his diploma from his school in his hometown so the credits transferred. This season, he rented his own apartment with some gym mates. Most of them attend college classes at places like FIU and some cheer for the colleges too. A couple of them juggle jobs too . They were placed on either TGLC or OO5, so they had very successful seasons ;)

While I know it wasn’t always easy for him to leave while still in high school, I know that he has had the most amazing time being part of TG. I have also seen him grow into a great guy too. It definitely was the right move for him and the others.

Some head there even before senior year. I have known a few who did online and some who attend a local high school. It takes a lot of discipline to do online classes so it isn’t for everyone.

**Be like Elsa and Let it go**

Anyone have the standing tumbling clarifications for Restricted 5? I can’t seem to find where it says no more standing tumbling to fulls. Both varsity and USASF still have the allowance of it posted on websites and in handbooks.

Anyone have the standing tumbling clarifications for Restricted 5? I can’t seem to find where it says no more standing tumbling to fulls. Both varsity and USASF still have the allowance of it posted on websites and in handbooks.

As per the 2018-2019 cheer rules & glossary:

JR/SR RESTRICTED LEVEL 5 STANDING TUMBLING
A. Tumbling skills are allowed up to 1 flipping and 0 twisting rotations.

Back