All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

One time my coach had me bite my shirt. I don't remember if it worked I just remember my braces got stuck on my shirt for a sec lol
A coach made me do this once too! It didn't work for me because #1). I hate the tumble track #2). It freaked me out hahaha. I'll occasionally do this on the trampoline when I'm just messing around at my house. I don't think it makes much a difference though.

A coach made me do this once too! It didn't work for me because #1). I hate the tumble track #2). It freaked me out hahaha. I'll occasionally do this on the trampoline when I'm just messing around at my house. I don't think it makes much a difference though.
haha it's so weird to do it! It freaked me out too lol and I didn't really think it would work either butttt apparently my coach did

HELP!! My cp picked up some bad tumbling habits at her old gym. She is working with new tumbling coaches to get them corrected. The biggest is throwing her head back! We have tried everything to fix it! Any suggestions? When I ask her she says she's really trying but has been doing it for 6 years so its hard to break! Ty

Give her a piece of foam to squeeze between her chin and chest! If the foam falls out then she's not keeping her head in.

This is a high school question so sorry about that but it's a random cheer question so I figured it was okay if I asked.

In high school routines if a team ends their cheer section up in a stunt (and the would come down once the music starts) and it takes a long time for their music to start, what would happen of one of those stunts fell down? Would it be a deduction?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
This happened to Westview HS from Tennessee at state back in like 2006 or so? They held it forever and it was seriously on of the most impressive things I've ever seen cheer wise! They finally brought them down and I think redid the routine but marked until the second half. I don't really remember what happened after, other than pretty much everyone there was out of their seat cheering for them.

I would agree that it's safer practicing on a spring floor however my CP said that there is a huge difference in how it feels between the spring floor and dead mat/turf. She has to adjust her tumbling to compensate for the differences. The majority of our HS cheerleaders do competitive cheer so they are used to switching between spring and dead floors.
There is only a difference if you have bad technique. You can get away with a lot more on spring floor than you can on dead. If you don't jump or use your knees on a dead floor then you may or may not face plant! Good technique though is good technique and will work on any surface... even concrete if you choose to do that!

Hmmm maybe! I know where our men's basketball teams plays they also use that area for hockey too and someone said the reason the floor was so hard had to do with what was under it for the hockey games or something.The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Might be like the floor I cheered on in college. The college arena was also the arena for everything in the town - concerts, hockey, graduation, etc - so the floor was removable. They were big squares with steel bars under them and connected like a big puzzle. Back handsprings hurt so bad and would leave bruises on your hands! Our old hs floor was amazing though! It was a floating floor, so there was air under the wood or something. The older gyms are the best to tumble in! New courts I think are just placed directly on the cement which makes them pretty hard!

HELP!! My cp picked up some bad tumbling habits at her old gym. She is working with new tumbling coaches to get them corrected. The biggest is throwing her head back! We have tried everything to fix it! Any suggestions? When I ask her she says she's really trying but has been doing it for 6 years so its hard to break! Ty
A tip from Debbie Love's website is putting your tongue on the roof of your mouth. It hasn't worked for any of my kids, but sharing in case it does for yours! I think the biggest thing will be drills - A LOT of drills!! I had issues at first taking my tucks back and not up. I can't tell you how many drills I did. Coaches would build up trap mats to my shoulder blade height and I would do tuck drills onto them. If I didn't go up, the mat was so tall I would fall and the mat would move. They did this for girls who tumble crooked to, because you would miss the mat and fall!

I tried searching for this answer but couldn't find it. Does anyone know about how many Y5 teams there are? I know of CAC, ECE, CEA, WC...

Might be like the floor I cheered on in college. The college arena was also the arena for everything in the town - concerts, hockey, graduation, etc - so the floor was removable. They were big squares with steel bars under them and connected like a big puzzle. Back handsprings hurt so bad and would leave bruises on your hands! Our old hs floor was amazing though! It was a floating floor, so there was air under the wood or something. The older gyms are the best to tumble in! New courts I think are just placed directly on the cement which makes them pretty hard!
Yup that's how our arena is! Except thankfully it doesn't leave bruises on your hands. That's crazy!

I'm hoping to move to America in the next few years and wondered if anyone had heard of any other open 4 teams aside from:
Top gun, Miami FL
ultimate starz athletics, Weymouth MA
Cheer Pride all stars, Livingston NJ
Cheer intensity all stars, Albany NY
Pryzm competitive cheer, Waynesboro PA
PCX all stars, mount pleasant SC
Prime tyme athletics, Nashville TN
Encore cheer, Houston TX

I've not decided which universities to apply to yet so anywhere is fine! I love New Hampshire but I don't think the teams there are offering open 4

I'm hoping to move to America in the next few years and wondered if anyone had heard of any other open 4 teams aside from:
Top gun, Miami FL
ultimate starz athletics, Weymouth MA
Cheer Pride all stars, Livingston NJ
Cheer intensity all stars, Albany NY
Pryzm competitive cheer, Waynesboro PA
PCX all stars, mount pleasant SC
Prime tyme athletics, Nashville TN
Encore cheer, Houston TX

I've not decided which universities to apply to yet so anywhere is fine! I love New Hampshire but I don't think the teams there are offering open 4

ECE in Tewksbury, MA is not that far from New Hampshire and had an Open 4 this season.

Thanks very much, I'll check them out! How far away from Durham, NH would you estimate ECE is? I literally cannot comprehend how big America is haha

It's probably about an hour depending on the time of day. You can get there on a major highway and it's about 60 miles.

Back