All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ooo yikes. The only time I competed in there it was nice and sunny. They don't do anything at Indiana Jones for Worlds, right?

Isn't Dance at Indiana Jones for Worlds?

Isn't Dance at Indiana Jones for Worlds?
The last several years dance has been at Epcot. I wanna say 2008, maybe 09? was the last time they had teams at Indiana Jones and that was Open and Junior teams.

The last several years dance has been at Epcot. I wanna say 2008, maybe 09? was the last time they had teams at Indiana Jones and that was Open and Junior teams.
Epcot, really? What building do they compete in? I can't think of anything in Epcot they could use lol. Maybe they should start putting something at Indiana Jones again since WWoS is always so crazy packed.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Epcot, really? What building do they compete in? I can't think of anything in Epcot they could use lol. Maybe they should start putting something at Indiana Jones again since WWoS is always so crazy packed.

My CP competed at Indiana Jones during UCA last year. Way too dangerous for level 5 and 6 IMO. The sun caused extremely bright spots in some areas of the mat and shadows in others. I wouldn't want to be tumbling or catching baskets with the sun blinding me! They had issues with temperature as well - it was freezing first thing in the morning. Not ideal at all. Not saying the baseball field is either - hoping my CPs compete inside!

My CP competed at Indiana Jones during UCA last year. Way too dangerous for level 5 and 6 IMO. The sun caused extremely bright spots in some areas of the mat and shadows in others. I wouldn't want to be tumbling or catching baskets with the sun blinding me! They had issues with temperature as well - it was freezing first thing in the morning. Not ideal at all. Not saying the baseball field is either - hoping my CPs compete inside!
I agree, the weather is a huge issue. One year for UCA high school nationals it was raining and really cold so I guess they had these heat lamps you could stand under but then you'd have to venture back into the cold when it was time to compete. I'm glad I've only ever competed inside at Disney!

I competed at Indiana Jones for UCA and I thought it was great! Although we did not compete till around 730-8ish at night, so the sun wasn't out.

I agree, the weather is a huge issue. One year for UCA high school nationals it was raining and really cold so I guess they had these heat lamps you could stand under but then you'd have to venture back into the cold when it was time to compete. I'm glad I've only ever competed inside at Disney!

Ugh yeah, it wasn't raining but it must have be like unseasonably cold that year. We competed around 10:30-11 and it was about 40 degrees out and it was horrible. They did their best to keep us warm but it was rough going from under the heat lamps and then suddenly in the cold to compete cause your muscles just did not like the temperature change. Coming from Wisconsin, that should have been warm to me lol but no it was rough. I was not a fan of Indiana Jones.

I HATED competing at Indiana Jones...the one year we did it was in the 30's (it was warmer at home in Wisconsin), not your ideal performance conditions. You could see your breath. It was cold but at least from being from WI we were used to that weather (just not being in skirts), but teams from warmer places for sure weren't used to that.

For UCA high school nationals this year my team competed there day 1 in the afternoon. It was raining on and off all day so the ground was wet along with the mats.

We had to carry our flyers from warm ups to the "on deck" area so their shoes wouldn't get wet and slippery. they had some towels but they were already pretty wet from other teams using it.

We have 4 hand hand fulls in our opening and 2 of them who have always landed them solid and perfect slipped and busted in the full because of wet shoes/mats.

It's dangerous and can lead to falls. I know we can't control the weather but EPs have to have a back up plan.

We are attending a competition this weekend and, we are in a small gym divison. We are a team of 15 one of the largest teams in that division. But one of our competitors is a team of 32, is this possible?

We are attending a competition this weekend and, we are in a small gym divison. We are a team of 15 one of the largest teams in that division. But one of our competitors is a team of 32, is this possible?
I'm pretty sure small gym is based on how many teams you have in your gym, not how many people are on one of your teams.

Back