All-Star Rays Rumors Questions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is kinda a random question but why do the uniforms not have shorts under the skirts? Why do they wear those underwear shaped bottoms? Haha I don't know what their called..
I might not be correct but sometimes they are build into the skirts that they only style they do is that brief style instead of a boycut style

Haha I was totally thinking this, just didn't want to sound mean!

Hahah, I tried not to sound too sassy about it. I never really considered it before, but the boycut shorts are so common now that there totally could be people who have only been in the all-star world and have only been cheering for a couple of years that haven't seen them before.

This is kinda a random question but why do the uniforms not have shorts under the skirts? Why do they wear those underwear shaped bottoms? Haha I don't know what their called..
When I first cheered HS (4-5 years ago or so) those were what my mom bought for me, the brief-cut kind..

Do Rays allow visiters to come tumble/chill at the gym?

Visiting and tumbling around is welcome, but certain times our gym is busier than others so certain times are better to visit than others. @KB_Legend can tell you when are better times to visit to come play and have space. Certain times we might be every single floor full with teams and tumbling classes (hard to imagine with 6 floors I know) but sometimes I think we need more floorspace!

I am personally not a fan of the 4 or 5 to back for a couple reasons. If you can triple toe back well 5 toe back really isn't that much more difficult. The jump for 2 to 3 is bigger than from 3 to 5. I would rather see two separate series of jumps with some motions and choreography (since lots of routines dont have a motion sequence anymore). So we dont really have to change much to practice more than 3 jumps. Besides, if you do more than 3 jumps you start looking at a solid 1 to 2 eight counts of straight jumping.

There really isn't a fast and effective way to improve jumps. Jumping is a HUGE conditioning exercise. Stretch everyday and jump everyday. Really focus on your arms while jumping. It is something everyone seems to pass over (the entire motion of the arms, not just the 'picture' a jump hits).

I think our specialty is staff and the system we have setup. Any coach is welcome to give advice and help with any team in the gym. We actually will video review all our routines and every coach will comment on them. What they like what they dont. Everyones opinions is respected because we all know whether it is a backwalkover or a whip double punch double we know what good cheerleading should look like. We are also all big cheer nerds and are well aware of our competition in any division. What can I say? We talk all this stuff pretty seriously.

How many coaches are at each practice?

Are your cheerleaders required to watch every teams performance? We are required to watch all of ours (Haydens) at every competition, we only have 8 teams. I could only imagine how that must be for ya'll.

Are your cheerleaders required to watch every teams performance? We are required to watch all of ours (Haydens) at every competition, we only have 8 teams. I could only imagine how that must be for ya'll.

Our athletes are not required to watch every team because of how long the day would be for most of them. Our mini team (and last year tiny) would be going on at 7:30 or 8am and then at Cheersport we had teams competed at 10pm. There is no good way to have them all watch and be a good positive experience for all of them (imagine a 6 year old at 10pm... or worse an 18 year old at 8am haha). So each team gets a list of all the teams they need to be around as a team to pull for. Lots of athletes though will stick around and stay and watch other teams because its fun.

How many coaches are at each practice?

There is usually 3 coaches per team. Some teams have 2 (Orange for example) and some have 3 and helpers. And coaches are known to go help other teams depending on what is needed. I am more a stunt coach so I may be asked to go help with Scarlett if they are having some issues stunting. Or one of our choreographers might be asked to come over if, say, Amber has a crazy transition and we are stuck fixing it.

2. haha, you can pretty much wear anything thats in the dress code. I have some shirts from other programs that I enjoy. In fact I am still waiting on a shirt from @BlueCat and while I am at it... wheres my TG shirt @Weezy ?

You would look great in Black & Gold! I'm on it!

I find that Smoke always has a really random high basket, or 2 throughout their routines, and I love them all! Hahah
but let Em know that her basket did get noticed and not liked, but loved! :)

She was the opening toe touch dbl and the last in toss section. She always said nobody noticed so she will VERY much appreciate your kind words. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back