All-Star Rays Rumors Questions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm not entirely sure what the rules are for doing high school and allstar cheer are there but from some posts of yours I get the impression they are allowed to do both. What would you prefer your kids do? Both or only rays? I only ask cause I can see positives and negatives of both. Both: extra practice. Only rays: no schedule conflicts ect.

This could be a 10 page answer. Honestly if a coach is willing to work with us (and we will always work with them) it really isn't a problem. For the hard nose coaches that want to practice 5 times a week for 2 hours and believe allstars are below them? Well... usually our kids choose not to cheer for them. The only other really negative thing is injuries. High school cheer just has a lot higher rate of injuries.

I should add (that this wasn't really asked but I will throw it out there) in general our gym is not afraid to bust everyones chops. Fellow coaches and parents and athletes. Fumus Pater... well... he is just one of the easier ones to throw jabs at, haha.

2. We do all our jump conditioning in the summer. Jumps take a lot of conditioning, and that is the best time to do it.

Specifically, what type(s) of conditioning do you find fast and effective to improve jumps? It seems that teams are upping the ante and we're seeing more jumps in the sequence (from 3 to tuck, now commonly 5.) How does Rays condition to fight the muscle fatigue with the increase?

Also, I think a lot of gyms have their area of expertise and things they do better than anyone else in the industry. What do you think Stingrays "specialty" is, and what would you like to see the program step-up, if anything?

Specifically, what type(s) of conditioning do you find fast and effective to improve jumps? It seems that teams are upping the ante and we're seeing more jumps in the sequence (from 3 to tuck, now commonly 5.) How does Rays condition to fight the muscle fatigue with the increase?

Also, I think a lot of gyms have their area of expertise and things they do better than anyone else in the industry. What do you think Stingrays "specialty" is, and what would you like to see the program step-up, if anything?

I am personally not a fan of the 4 or 5 to back for a couple reasons. If you can triple toe back well 5 toe back really isn't that much more difficult. The jump for 2 to 3 is bigger than from 3 to 5. I would rather see two separate series of jumps with some motions and choreography (since lots of routines dont have a motion sequence anymore). So we dont really have to change much to practice more than 3 jumps. Besides, if you do more than 3 jumps you start looking at a solid 1 to 2 eight counts of straight jumping.

There really isn't a fast and effective way to improve jumps. Jumping is a HUGE conditioning exercise. Stretch everyday and jump everyday. Really focus on your arms while jumping. It is something everyone seems to pass over (the entire motion of the arms, not just the 'picture' a jump hits).

I think our specialty is staff and the system we have setup. Any coach is welcome to give advice and help with any team in the gym. We actually will video review all our routines and every coach will comment on them. What they like what they dont. Everyones opinions is respected because we all know whether it is a backwalkover or a whip double punch double we know what good cheerleading should look like. We are also all big cheer nerds and are well aware of our competition in any division. What can I say? We talk all this stuff pretty seriously.

How doe's a normal practice at Orange look like?

Well first they stretch, then they line up for flyer bob-trimming. Next is jumping, and then after that so far they've stunted the majority of the rest of practice. Sometimes they tumble, but that is really mostly left up to the individual to come in and work on their own (which from what I've seen they are doing.....a lot). I'm sure practices in the late summer and fall will look much different, but that is a snapshot of a May practice. :rays:

How do you deal with the over the top cheer moms? Whether its Susie's mom or just the overall obnoxious one?
If this even happens.. such a classy program.

How do you deal with the over the top cheer moms? Whether its Susie's mom or just the overall obnoxious one?
If this even happens.. such a classy program.

I will say this is a definite advantage a larger gym has over a smaller one. We still have crazy cheer parents come in and try and do their thing (and I will tell you it is RARELY the level 4 or 5 parents.. it is almost always the new parents) but we put an end to it as quickly as possible. If a parent does not respect our rules and ways of doing things they may be asked to leave. It is a shame because we have asked families to leave our program before NOT because the athlete was trouble, but because the parent was (this would have been with parent meetings and what not).

Cool. I was just curious. Em will appreciate the flattery that someone liked her basket..

I find that Smoke always has a really random high basket, or 2 throughout their routines, and I love them all! Hahah
but let Em know that her basket did get noticed and not liked, but loved! :)

I find that Smoke always has a really random high basket, or 2 throughout their routines, and I love them all! Hahah
but let Em know that her basket did get noticed and not liked, but loved! :)

She will enjoy the flattery and her dad might get a big bald head.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

This is kinda a random question but why do the uniforms not have shorts under the skirts? Why do they wear those underwear shaped bottoms? Haha I don't know what their called..

Back