All-Star Rays Rumors Questions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Have you guys begun ironing out the details for the international open teams this years such as number of practices per week, workout sessions, and tryout dates? Will you guys begin those open teams sooner this year as opposed to late August?

Have you guys begun ironing out the details for the international open teams this years such as number of practices per week, workout sessions, and tryout dates? Will you guys begin those open teams sooner this year as opposed to late August?

Actually glad you asked. First workout is next Saturday (June 11th) from 2 to 4.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

when kids fall at competitions in a stunt or tumbling, is there a punishment at the next practice?

Missed this one. No, there is no 'punishment'. We are all strong passionate coaches, so there might be a discussion after they competed, but come practice there is no point to punish anyone. You figure out what went wrong, focus on the skills, make changes or drill. Plenty of people fall and bust in competition. I would say 99% of them have no desire to ever miss or mess up in front of everyone, kids or adults. Our job is to prepare them and build them back up to hit the skills.

And when we see a skill that a kid has struggled with all year or past competitions we compliment them when they do finally hit their extension or backwalkover or their double full. Single happiest I have ever been from when a team competed is when my junior level 3 finally hit at cheersport.

Strike that, 2:30 pm to 4:30pm.

This @kingston 's thread but I would like to give my perspective as a parent. I personally don't want my 18 yr old daughter running around the gym in just a sports bra. It just doesn't seem ethical for a gym with male athletes and coaches to have a large group of young women running around in sports bras. Cheerleading and cheerleaders often get a bad rap (Bryant Gumble) in the news and sports press world. Why give something else for them to say derogatory comments about. I love the fact that Rays takes the high road with their practice dress code.

If I am wrong, King will let me know.

I see where you're coming from... unfortunately, not everyone has a large, air-conditioned facility to practice in. Rather than having people pass out from the summer heat, I don't think it's killing anyone to see them practice in sports bras. Anyone who ever went to NCA College Camp at UMASS back in the day would remember the extreme heat in that gym. I was extremely self-conscious about my body, but still ended up in a sports bra at that camp lol.

Is it really THAT much more skin showing than a uniform top? A bathing suit? If you bring your kids to the beach, they're gonna see girls in bikinis walking around where there are men of all ages as well. I would find it difficult to believe that most girls who cheer aren't out on the beach in bikinis. I am fairly certain that I was usually the only girl sporting a one-piece at our high school/college functions at a beach/pool. That's a leisure activity, so there's no immediate necessity to wear a certain thing... but training in a gym is an athletic activity, requiring functional athletic wear.

Sports bras are worn by female athletes in every sport, it's not like they're naked. If the kids are comfortable like that, I don't see an issue. jmo

I see where you're coming from... unfortunately, not everyone has a large, air-conditioned facility to practice in. Rather than having people pass out from the summer heat, I don't think it's killing anyone to see them practice in sports bras. Anyone who ever went to NCA College Camp at UMASS back in the day would remember the extreme heat in that gym. I was extremely self-conscious about my body, but still ended up in a sports bra at that camp lol.

Is it really THAT much more skin showing than a uniform top? A bathing suit? If you bring your kids to the beach, they're gonna see girls in bikinis walking around where there are men of all ages as well. I would find it difficult to believe that most girls who cheer aren't out on the beach in bikinis. I am fairly certain that I was usually the only girl sporting a one-piece at our high school/college functions at a beach/pool. That's a leisure activity, so there's no immediate necessity to wear a certain thing... but training in a gym is an athletic activity, requiring functional athletic wear.

Sports bras are worn by female athletes in every sport, it's not like they're naked. If the kids are comfortable like that, I don't see an issue. jmo

We arent well air conditioned. hah.

Ha, what's a "parent area"?

That area where you separate the parents from the kids so its hard for them to coach their kid while you are trying to work? In 'theory'?

Back