All-Star Rays Rumors Questions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

85 up here is pretty bad, but wait until winter comes around & we'll see who's complaining lol. it's only bad when your working out in 85 degree weather because in ohio the weather never stays the same in the same day. Your gym must stay pretty cool? i never see any big windows or garage doors, i have seen fans though.
Trust me... we fight over the fans. There never seems to be enough. If the doors are open, you are lucky if you get a breeze in there. It's not very 'cool' during the summer.

[quote="cheerinfo, post: 384356"]I would not suggest practicing at all if the temperature is 100-105. I know at WC they closed in previous summers when it got TOO hot. And as far as the difference in wearing a sports bra as opposed to a longer thin tank in 90 degree weather...one is really not going to be THAT much cooler than the other. So the heat is not really a deciding factor IMO. I just think covering up when you are a teenage girl in a facility where there are many men on staff is appropriate. Not saying if you wear a sports bra, it is wrong, but the temperature does not have any bearing on why the kids at Rays wear tanks or t-shirts....at least I don't think so. I believe it is more of just personal preference on the part of the owner and director. I am sure King can correct me if I am wrong on that.

i'm not sure where you're from, but here in SC/GA area.. 100-105 is a completely normal summer temperature, and at least in my gym, the air on full blast doesn't ever feel like a difference! All we can do is give water breaks often. if we closed at those temperatures we would never practice! also add in the disgusting humidity.. :/. and as an athlete i feel that sports bras DO make a difference compared to a t-shirt or tank top,and ACX encourages them because of the heat.[/quote]

Where I am from is Marietta, GA lol. So I know hot. But to practice in 105 degree heat, IMO, is irresponsible and NOT productive. You would have to take so many water breaks just to make it safe that you would have very little time out of a two hour practice to get anything done. And chances are, in that heat (which IS unsafe to be practicing in), most kids are going to get lethargic very quickly, which is also going to take away from productivity. The gym my kids cheer at does have A/C, but it basically makes it bearable, no COOL, and that is fine. But it is NOT 100-105 degrees in there...ever, and that is the safe way to have it.

Did the person that 2x2 just posted a video on youtube of have to get the okay from you all as coaches to allow him to do that

Do you mean Haley's video? I think @Level5Mom would have more to say about that than us as coaches as it is her daughter.

Did the person that 2x2 just posted a video on youtube of have to get the okay from you all as coaches to allow him to do that

The production of the video was requested by me (her mother), and approved by Roger Schonder last summer before any video was taken. After completion, 2x2 asked me how I would like the video handled, and I told him to put it on youtube for me. I honestly do not know if permission from Stingrays was REQUIRED, but I got it ahead of time anyway, because it seemed like the right thing to do. :) Does that answer your question?

The production of the video was requested by me (her mother), and approved by Roger Schonder last summer before any video was taken. After completion, 2x2 asked me how I would like the video handled, and I told him to put it on youtube for me. I honestly do not know if permission from Stingrays was REQUIRED, but I got it ahead of time anyway, because it seemed like the right thing to do. :) Does that answer your question?

will you be posting a new skills or KTMAI video this summer? I loved the last one and it showed how much she impoved that summer!

i'm not sure where you're from, but here in SC/GA area.. 100-105 is a completely normal summer temperature, and at least in my gym, the air on full blast doesn't ever feel like a difference! All we can do is give water breaks often. if we closed at those temperatures we would never practice! also add in the disgusting humidity.. :/. and as an athlete i feel that sports bras DO make a difference compared to a t-shirt or tank top,and ACX encourages them because of the heat.

I agree with this mostly bc of the type of material they're made from nowadays (moisture wicking fabric). My gym socks have that type of material in them and I can literally be drenched in sweat from head to toe (including my clothes), but my socks are bone dry! Now if I'm wearing a sports bra underneath my shirts (I often do in the summer, unless I'm wearing something dressier)...I'm wearing it bc of that type of fabric. It cools you off immensely!!

Having said that, not all sports bras are made like that and there are shirts, tanks, shorts, etc. that contain the same material and can be used if a sports bra is not preferred...which I totally respect Kingston's position about (and is totally an understandable and responsible business practice). Even though most of our girls wear sports bras and soffees to practice, there are still many who wear tanks and shirts. We just like to practice in the team sports bras...makes it feel more special to them. :)

When will the Rays pro-shop have more shirts and other things to order? I would love to see more options and variety!

Back