All-Star Rays Rumors Questions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When will the Rays pro-shop have more shirts and other things to order? I would love to see more options and variety!

Our people who run our pro shop have been expanding and getting new machines with new abilities to make more and different shirts (and boy and shorts combo's). I think within a month they are going to start putting a lot more up.

Our people who run our pro shop have been expanding and getting new machines with new abilities to make more and different shirts (and boy and shorts combo's). I think within a month they are going to start putting a lot more up.
That sounds awesome!!

Does it ever bother you all the voice overs people have in their music about Stingray teams? Or of the pictures people take hatin' on the Rays?? I know I have seen a bunch about Orange before online.

Does it ever bother you all the voice overs people have in their music about Stingray teams? Or of the pictures people take hatin' on the Rays?? I know I have seen a bunch about Orange before online.
yup. saw some on facebook. im not going to mention names because it may hurt someone's rep

the people who do it the most didnt even win so its all good.
It must suck to be someone constantly hating on a team, only to have them beat you constantly. And the only gym/team that's beaten them has been a sporadic (albeit clearly talented) addition to the level. To be in the same division every year and never make it to first must be one tough pill to swallow..

It must suck to be someone constantly hating on a team, only to have them beat you constantly. And the only gym/team that's beaten them has been a sporadic (albeit clearly talented) addition to the level. To be in the same division every year and never make it to first must be one tough pill to swallow..

i call it karma.

i call it karma.

It isn't karma. It is just that there can be only one winner in a division with like 5 super-talented teams that you could argue equally deserve to win.

Now to get back to the purpose of the thread.

Do rays teams have practice uniforms that go along with their team name? Like does green have mostly green practice clothes?

Also, I am interested to know how you guys choose to schedule team practices. Is it random? Do youth levels practice on different nights than senior levels? There are so many teams that the schedule must be really complicated.

I see where you're coming from... unfortunately, not everyone has a large, air-conditioned facility to practice in. Rather than having people pass out from the summer heat, I don't think it's killing anyone to see them practice in sports bras. Anyone who ever went to NCA College Camp at UMASS back in the day would remember the extreme heat in that gym. I was extremely self-conscious about my body, but still ended up in a sports bra at that camp lol.

Is it really THAT much more skin showing than a uniform top? A bathing suit? If you bring your kids to the beach, they're gonna see girls in bikinis walking around where there are men of all ages as well. I would find it difficult to believe that most girls who cheer aren't out on the beach in bikinis. I am fairly certain that I was usually the only girl sporting a one-piece at our high school/college functions at a beach/pool. That's a leisure activity, so there's no immediate necessity to wear a certain thing... but training in a gym is an athletic activity, requiring functional athletic wear.

Sports bras are worn by female athletes in every sport, it's not like they're naked. If the kids are comfortable like that, I don't see an issue. jmo
once upon a time our practice wear was a sports bra and shorts - didnt even get a shirt! if girls didnt like the way they looked without a shirt, all the more reason to sweat and work. while that isnt the best method to getting people to stay at your gym... also, if a 7 year old sees the older, cool, awesome, super-talented senior girls walking around in a sports bra, she's going to want to wear that also. then, she may think its ok to run around like that all the time. in response to your bikini reference, yes: bikinis at the beach or pool are normal. however, bikinis in a grocery store are not.

in a seriousness, i prefer shirts because 1. catching flyers (especially in baskets) is very difficult when they are sweaty and slippery, and 2. as a backspot, i am NOT a fan of nasty pits all over me :)

The production of the video was requested by me (her mother), and approved by Roger Schonder last summer before any video was taken. After completion, 2x2 asked me how I would like the video handled, and I told him to put it on youtube for me. I honestly do not know if permission from Stingrays was REQUIRED, but I got it ahead of time anyway, because it seemed like the right thing to do. :) Does that answer your question?
did her coaches teach her to always stand clean to the front after she tumbles? or was it just a habit she formed? @kingston could answer this too :) i noticed in her KTMAI video whenever she does running tumbling, she lands whichever crazy good pass she is throwing then immediately stands tight to the front!

It isn't karma. It is just that there can be only one winner in a division with like 5 super-talented teams that you could argue equally deserve to win.

Now to get back to the purpose of the thread.

Do rays teams have practice uniforms that go along with their team name? Like does green have mostly green practice clothes?

Also, I am interested to know how you guys choose to schedule team practices. Is it random? Do youth levels practice on different nights than senior levels? There are so many teams that the schedule must be really complicated.

I still call it karma...

did her coaches teach her to always stand clean to the front after she tumbles? or was it just a habit she formed? @kingston could answer this too :) i noticed in her KTMAI video whenever she does running tumbling, she lands whichever crazy good pass she is throwing then immediately stands tight to the front!

The coaches/tumbling instructors teach them to stand clean and tight to the front after their passes.

Back