All-Star Rays Rumors Questions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I see your point, but not being supportive and not liking are different. I love orange, but didn't really want them to win either. Also, this convo stems from the fact someone said that orange wasn't the favorite in the gym, which I still can't see to be true.
They aren't the favorite, because Rays doesn't do favorites. They aren't the fan favorite either. And I disagree on several counts. I TOTALLY think youtube counts, because it's anonymous. Anonymity brings out the worst in people, and often their true feelings on subjects. Like others have said, they're accused of being 'too clean' and 'too safe' yet still managing to beat other teams, which can be frustrating to those who think difficulty should trump execution. The 'fan favorite' is the team most fans want to win. You proved my point when you said you loved them but didn't want them to win (which doesn't make sense in my head, unless you meant 'it's not that I didn't want them to win, I just preferred this other team because I love them MORE'. I think this is why my friend hates having the 'love' thing tossed around in America. Apparently we love things we only like marginally)..they aren't your favorite. If they were, you'd have wanted them to win. Many people agree with you..

Also, if you're a part of a gym where one team does exceptionally well constantly, and you're not on the team, I can imagine there's some resentment. You can't tell me there's some girls at WC who DON'T want to be on SS/resent that team for their fame at the gym. I'm not saying everyone there feels that way, but perceived favoritism does bring a bit of tension at times.

When he told you to watch YouTube videos, its so you see the crowds reaction. What Cali SE and then watch Rays Orange.
I actually think this whole thing is a misunderstanding. I read his original post in the favoritism thread and it looks like he says orange is the fan favorite, not the gym favorite. maybe a typo?

They aren't the favorite, because Rays doesn't do favorites. They aren't the fan favorite either. And I disagree on several counts. I TOTALLY think youtube counts, because it's anonymous. Anonymity brings out the worst in people, and often their true feelings on subjects. Like others have said, they're accused of being 'too clean' and 'too safe' yet still managing to beat other teams, which can be frustrating to those who think difficulty should trump execution. The 'fan favorite' is the team most fans want to win. You proved my point when you said you loved them but didn't want them to win (which doesn't make sense in my head, unless you meant 'it's not that I didn't want them to win, I just preferred this other team because I love them MORE'. I think this is why my friend hates having the 'love' thing tossed around in America. Apparently we love things we only like marginally)..they aren't your favorite. If they were, you'd have wanted them to win. Many people agree with you..

Also, if you're a part of a gym where one team does exceptionally well constantly, and you're not on the team, I can imagine there's some resentment. You can't tell me there's some girls at WC who DON'T want to be on SS/resent that team for their fame at the gym. I'm not saying everyone there feels that way, but perceived favoritism does bring a bit of tension at times.
My last post pretty much sums up what I would say to this, I'm confused with rather boyorange originally said they were fan favorite/ gym favorite.

My last post pretty much sums up what I would say to this, I'm confused with rather boyorange originally said they were fan favorite/ gym favorite.

i dont think i said they were the fan favorite. i just stated in general that there is a difference between the fan favorite and gym favorite. and yes people do not like orange because they have won so much. ive been told several times that "i hope they drop at worlds" or "they arent good enough to win." but now that they got 3rd maybe people will stop hating.

I see your point, but not being supportive and not liking are different. I love orange, but didn't really want them to win either. Also, this convo stems from the fact someone said that orange wasn't the favorite in the gym, which I still can't see to be true.

what makes orange the favorite of the gym? it cant be because they have more difficulty in their routine, because smoke out did them last year in difficulty. is it because they have won a lot and smoke hasnt? you cant compare those 2 divisions because its not the same routines or teams that they are competing against. orange gets no more attention than smoke or anyone else in gym. they practice the same times with different coaches, they all go to the same competitions....im not sure why you think they are the gym favorite.

i dont think i said they were the fan favorite. i just stated in general that there is a difference between the fan favorite and gym favorite. and yes people do not like orange because they have won so much. ive been told several times that "i hope they drop at worlds" or "they arent good enough to win." but now that they got 3rd maybe people will stop hating.
You said "fyi, orange is not the gym favorite [ which I can understand ], maybe fan favorite" so before you said they might be the fan favorite but now you say there's no way they are. That's why I'm confused, but nevermind it's fine, just a misunderstanding.

You said "fyi, orange is not the gym favorite [ which I can understand ], maybe fan favorite" so before you said they might be the fan favorite but now you say there's no way they are. That's why I'm confused, but nevermind it's fine, just a misunderstanding.

what i meant by that is like the fan favorite of the gym. like peoples favorite stingray team. obv cali is the fan favorite in this division.

Do you know if the rest of the team mixes from 2010-2011 will be put on the website anytime? I need more to listen to! Haha. :)

That is something I need to do. I will try and work on that.

Back