All-Star Rays Rumors Questions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We do have conditioning exercises for the flyers. In a 'perfect' world they should be done every day. I have learned from experience if it takes too long to do OR you only do it a couple times a week the drills are never done, so I try to give kids 5 to 10 minutes of 'homework' a day. 5 to 10 minutes a day is easy enough to put into your morning routine. What the kids do kinda all depends on what they need to work on. So you have to come up with stuff for 5 year old mini level 1's to work on as well as senior level 5's. There is a TON of stuff to choose from when building a program, so I don't know what all to write out for you. I will give you an easy one that helps a lot of flyers with weak ankles. I find flyers lots of times have two types of tightness, total body and ankle. You can have a flyer who is ripped and squeezes her entire body stiff as a board... but her ankles are loosey goosey. Usually the cause is the ankle itself is just not strong enough. So, an easy way to condition your ankles is while you are sitting draw the alphabet with your toe without moving your leg, just your foot. Try it both feet twice every day for a week and youll find your ankles get stronger AND more coordinated.

Thanks, I really appreciate it! :)

This is a good one! I'm still new to Atlanta so I don't know how this whole situation came about but I have a fews questions!

When Georgia closed did Stingrays have a deal with Jamie which prompted all their kids to cheer there?
Was that the biggest Stingrays had ever been since Georgia closed its doors?
When Georgia opened its doors again, most of the kids left Stingrays I'm assuming. Did they go back to GA for loyalty reasons, did they not like the "Stingrays Way" of coaching, or did something behind the scenes happen?
How was it coaching the new GA kids? I haven't been here long but the Stingrays/GA rivalry is pretty intense from what I've seen at comps here since I moved.

Hope this isnt TOTAL post overload with all the questions :)

This is a good one! I'm still new to Atlanta so I don't know how this whole situation came about but I have a fews questions!

When Georgia closed did Stingrays have a deal with Jamie which prompted all their kids to cheer there?
Was that the biggest Stingrays had ever been since Georgia closed its doors?
When Georgia opened its doors again, most of the kids left Stingrays I'm assuming. Did they go back to GA for loyalty reasons, did they not like the "Stingrays Way" of coaching, or did something behind the scenes happen?
How was it coaching the new GA kids? I haven't been here long but the Stingrays/GA rivalry is pretty intense from what I've seen at comps here since I moved.

Hope this isnt TOTAL post overload with all the questions :)

Ok, got a few in this one.

Stingrays and Georgia merged. Naturally most of Georgia's still age eligible kids followed Jamie and joined the 'mega' gym.

So far that was the most we ever had at the end of a season, but this year we are starting with the most at the beginning of the season. This year I also think we will top out at more than the 'mega' gym year.

When Georgia re-openned of those that were still age eligible (there were quite a few that graduated) a lot of old Georgia alumni left and went to the new gym, but a decent amount stayed. Kids will like what they are most comfortable with and what speaks the most to them, so it is not surprising some would prefer a way different than ours, especially if they are familiar with it.

Coaching kids is coaching kids. We had a very successful year of the merger (2 world championships, 9 NCA titles, and a bronze medal for our first year in unlimited coed). For that year they were just kids and no matter where they were from they wanted to win as badly as anyone else. Being in a new place with a new culture is hard, but by no means was anyone bad. The rivalry has died down a ton since we are not on the same side of town anymore (not going for the same kids).

I will say I do miss a few more boys in the gym, mostly for their antics. They used to take our back handspring octagons and get on opposite sides of the pit on the tumble tracks and bounce towards each other at full speed and slam mid air the octagons over the pit and fall in. Literally entertainment for hours.

Hahaha! Us guys are kinda silly like that! But thanks for answering my questions, this clarifies everything. This also gets me super excited to see all the teams this year! *GO STINGRAYS*

Think about it...Stingray Maine location teams...
The Blueberries
The Potatoes
The Pine Trees
The Apple Pies
The Lobsters

(There's only 5 teams to signify the fact that there is relatively nothing in Maine, and there also isn't a lot of cheerleaders)

Don't forget "The Mooses" (Moose? Meese?)

Think about it...Stingray Maine location teams...
The Blueberries
The Potatoes
The Pine Trees
The Apple Pies
The Lobsters

(There's only 5 teams to signify the fact that there is relatively nothing in Maine, and there also isn't a lot of cheerleaders)
CAN I COME?! I think I want to be on the Potatoes... I really want a bow with a potato on it.

How do you feel about super senioring? Would you rather kids who graduate super senior or move up to an open team and leave other spots for kids still in high school? And if super senioring was an option do you restrict it like you cant be a super senior and on orange but you can be a super senior and be on smoke.

Back