All-Star Restricting Tumbling To Your All Star Gym Only??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

yep thread dead. is the message coming through loud and clear that people who live far away are not ok with this policy for a multitude of reasons? yes, we choose to drive to you. and yes, we drive past plenty of other gyms along the way. you do not need to be understanding when we arrive. and we also can choose not to arrive. so perhaps everyone should think about this when they are recruiting athletes. do gyms that have fly-ins require their athletes to fly-in for tumbling too? just sayin.

bubble toes, you have a point about gym bashing. and i, for one, kept personal experience with this gym out of this thread and instead chose to debate the issue and well...poke fun at the barbie stuff, because it is really quite ridiculous....and funny. Sorry, but I cannot help but laugh at meanj's new profile pic.

every single gymnastics facility and cheer gym we have tumbled at for the past 8 years has athletes who know each other either from school or other cheer programs. does everyone expect us to believe this restriction is really a matter of safety? and if so, then why haven't these unsafe programs been shut down? and why, as i pointed out in another thread where i elaborated on personal experience, did this very same program tumble athletes in an unsafe manner?

i am not trying to bash on the gym, and i think we all get it that everyone makes mistakes. i myself would prefer if the gym in question would get their policies in line, acknowledge when they make mistakes, and practice what they preach. then maybe no one would feel the need to talk about them other than to congratulate them on their accolades. the ECN program DOES have positive qualities which are simply getting lost in all of the muck they are slinging and others are slinging back.

I have to agree the thread took a left turn along the way. IMO I think alot of it comes from the gym owner commenting under a name that most who know him .. Know is the owner. he is being very negative., and attacked meanj. It would have been much better if he got in the conversation to do so in a constructive way and at least think about some of the things said. He could have disused it very easily, instead he added fuel to that fire. there still are things coming out of the tread that are on task. I agree the personal stuff needs to stop. And Glenn if you come back, please come out And talk to us about the pros and cons of a policy like this. You may change your mind, you may not but your participation would be appreciated

As several have posted there are other gyms who have a similar policy as in the OP. We are losing the true topic behind a gym name, which tends to happen on many controversial topics, especially when you stray too far from the original post. IMHO that becomes we (for better or worse) like to talk about someone we can identify instead of gyms, programs, or people that won't be named. If we eliminate the gym name from the discussion and there is no reason for the thread to be locked.

The majority on the thread don't like the policy. JMO but the majority of programs who use such policies are not or do not post on the FB.

Another email is out, not regarding this topic.. But a new one. Thinking about the benefits & cons of posting it.. As again, it could spark off another great conversation. Standby.

As several have posted there are other gyms who have a similar policy as in the OP. We are losing the true topic behind a gym name, which tends to happen on many controversial topics, especially when you stray too far from the original post. IMHO that becomes we (for better or worse) like to talk about someone we can identify instead of gyms, programs, or people that won't be named. If we eliminate the gym name from the discussion and there is no reason for the thread to be locked.

The majority on the thread don't like the policy. JMO but the majority of programs who use such policies are not or do not post on the FB.
So I should not direct a question or statement directly to the person I am referring/talking to? Or at least not by name? I'm not sure what the proper way to do things on this board are . My nature is to rather direct, please let me know if I need to reword.. Thanks:)

Another email is out, not regarding this topic.. But a new one. Thinking about the benefits & cons of posting it.. As again, it could spark off another great conversation. Standby.

just curious...have they ever sent an email out that gives consequences for forwarding (not posting - that is a separate issue) their emails???

I think another point to this issue is that lets say my CP wants to throw a layout, but she doesnt have a tuck. In our gym you learn one skill then the next, the coaches there know my kid and know what she can and cannot do. So lets say she gos to another gym and says I am here to work layouts and then gets hurt because she wasnt ready. I think that is the point of the rule. If there is a real need for distance that you need to tumble elsewhere I am sure the gym would take that into consideration, once talking to the coach/owner. The bottom line is they care about the safety of the child,and they know the difference between the mom thats wants CP to have a skill from a child that wants a skill....There is a difference.

So I should not direct a question or statement directly to the person I am referring/talking to? Or at least not by name? I'm not sure what the proper way to do things on this board are . My nature is to rather direct, please let me know if I need to reword.. Thanks:)

You are fine! I was referring to the turn that thread as taken which has caused it to be less about the issue and more about the gym or the op. Asking questions are the best way to learn so I see no fault in that. Usually if you have a direct question it is much better to ask it through private messaging. Too many times simple things can get blown way out of proportion because someone misinterpreted one word, or did not under stand the sarcasm someone was using. Quite often those people have nothing to do with the issue but it may spiral way out of control when that was not your intent.

My point was that because so many people are attacking ECN or meanj (he can handle all of it - I know he does not need our help) that we don't want the thread to get locked.

I think another point to this issue is that lets say my CP wants to throw a layout, but she doesnt have a tuck. In our gym you learn one skill then the next, the coaches there know my kid and know what she can and cannot do. So lets say she gos to another gym and says I am here to work layouts and then gets hurt because she wasnt ready. I think that is the point of the rule. If there is a real need for distance that you need to tumble elsewhere I am sure the gym would take that into consideration, once talking to the coach/owner. The bottom line is they care about the safety of the child,and they know the difference between the mom thats wants CP to have a skill from a child that wants a skill....There is a difference.

That makes sense, however IMO, any coach worth their salt, should not take anyone's (yes even a parent )word for what a CP can or can't do, but put them thur the paces and skills the first time they work with the CP. There may be a very basic skill that was missed and something can be corrected rather quickly. As a parent I would be concerned with my child's safety if a coach didn't do the ground work and find out where the skill level is. I would walk out the door if a coach didn't show me he had what it took to be advising my CP. Which goes back to, I may love the stunt coach and love the dance but the tumbling coach is just not working out with Susie. No one else should try to tell me they are more concerned than I am about my child. If my call as the parent is that a different tumbling coach would help and that coach measures up to the mom test. :D Where is the problem? The team wins in the end. I would think not trying to restrict something like this would make sense for the gym as well.

I've been following (and posting) on this thread since it started and I have been really intrigued and enlightened. @meanj called out the gym and their unprofessionalism. It has since been confirmed via this thread when cheermama resurrected it to call out meanj on calling them out. Could he have started the thread without the email to back up what he was saying? Sure. But in my short time on fb no one takes speculation or hearsay seriously. Back up your facts and you've got a fierce debate.

And if you dislike being at the center of that debate, don't resurrect the thread and throw fuel on the fire--instead, listen to the criticism and try to learn from it or participate in the conversation and give a thoughtful reply.

I've been following (and posting) on this thread since it started and I have been really intrigued and enlightened. @meanj called out the gym and their unprofessionalism. It has since been confirmed via this thread when cheermama resurrected it to call out meanj on calling them out. Could he have started the thread without the email to back up what he was saying? Sure. But in my short time on fb no one takes speculation or hearsay seriously. Back up your facts and you've got a fierce debate.

And if you dislike being at the center of that debate, don't resurrect the thread and throw fuel on the fire--instead, listen to the criticism and try to learn from it or participate in the conversation and give a thoughtful reply.
I agree...and at the end of the day...if you have policies or rules that you are ashamed of or do not want debated....DONT have them...in this day of the internet and tweet,fb etc....EVERYTHING is out there for discussion and debate! No one set out to "bash" anyone....the topic was thrown out...all the players have stayed on point based on replies....IMO...thats how this board goes....besides...it has been really fun...:) We ALL know that at times..the Board is not for the squeemish...hee hee

Gi
just curious...have they ever sent an email out that gives consequences for forwarding (not posting - that is a separate issue) their emails???
I think it was talked about earlier in the thread, that when you send out an email that says " I am sending this to everyone, I have nothing to hide" or this is going out to the whole *****nation ;) You dont really have an out. who is everyone? Who is the "nation" As ex Sen. Weiner found out, if you don't want it out there.. don't put it out there ... no pun intended :rolleyes:

Back