All-Star Right Hand Right Foot Left Hand Left Foot

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am right handed, but tumble left. I naturally twist right, but since i tumble left, coaches made me switch my twisting direction for better flow, power, and speed in my tumbling. The process of learning my full did take longer for me because of this, but its better in the long run

At our gym we have our athletes clasp their hands with their fingers intertwined (the way you would never do while cheering), then have them cross their thumbs. If their right thumb is on top we teach them to tumble to the right and same if the left thumb is on top. This is the way the owner learned to coach in Russia. It's a cool trick and according to it I should tumble to the right, but I learned to tumble to the left. Oh wellll lol
Hope thats not to confusing :)

At our gym we have our athletes clasp their hands with their fingers intertwined (the way you would never do while cheering), then have them cross their thumbs. If their right thumb is on top we teach them to tumble to the right and same if the left thumb is on top. This is the way the owner learned to coach in Russia. It's a cool trick and according to it I should tumble to the right, but I learned to tumble to the left. Oh wellll lol
Hope thats not to confusing :)
I just tried it, my right thumb was on top but I tumble left :confused: Guess I'm odd :cool:

I just tried it, my right thumb was on top but I tumble left :confused: Guess I'm odd :cool:
The only thing I can still do is a cartwheel and I tumble left- and my right thumb was on top too so your not the only one

Im right handed, tumble right, but twist left. I think it all depends on how your brain perceives what its doing and what exactly makes the most sense to your brain.

I'm left handed... tumble & twist righty!

Here's a tip to figure out dominance I learned when working at a gymnastics center. Have athlete stand with feet together, arms up. Push them forward (lightly) at the shoulders. Whichever foot they step forward with first to "catch" themselves is the foot they should be hurdling with, because it is their natural reaction to the scenario and usually the most comfortable for them.

im right handed i do everything in life with my right hand except for tumbling i havent started fulls/ arabians so i dont know which way i would go for them though

right handed, tumble right, twist left, left thumb on top for the hand trick. haha whoops

same here

when throwing I throw left
I eat with left sometimes
while talking and using my hands to talk I use left
Also on my laptop for my mouse I use left

another interesting thing while jumping after hitting your high V (or whatever you do at the top) what hand do you cross in front before you jump? mine is left

or when you clasp what hand goes over the top and what hand wraps around the side? my left hand goes on top and right wraps

Back