All-Star Routine Set Up

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 30, 2010
Since we aren't going to be seeing any routines for a while I thought it be fun to hear how everyone likes a routine to be set up.

I like the classic opening/standing tumbling - stunts - jumps - running - second stunt/baskets - pyramid - dance

Also whats your favorite set up to perform?
:)

It depends on the team. My seniors generally start with their single-based stunts because 1. they're impressive and 2. it's something that is easier for them to hit at the beginning of the routine. My juniors started with jumps and standing tumbling because they're cleanest when we do them first. :)

I always put whatever is my teams' weakest thing towards the beginning so they aren't struggling to execute good technique while also being exhausted...If I were personally competing, I would want to do jumps towards the end because that is the most tiring part so if I did them at the end then I wouldn't be so tired in the middle of the routine LOL...And i have had a jump to tuck for like 10 years so I don't really worry about it.

i like the classic way .. i think its weird to start off with like your jumps or stunts .. but like every one said it depends on the way the team preforms it

I love to see that people put strategy into their routines instead of just throwing stuff together. My daughters routine this year was standing tumble/stunt/jumps/running tumble/stunt/pyramid/dance. I dont know what the coaches/choreographers strategy was but I am sure there was a good one. :)

I always love when a routine ends in a HIT pyramid, but when it falls, and there's no way to "dance it out" after, it totally bums me out. So, i vote no pyramids at the end...LOL

I used to set up my routine to be different from the "normal" but I never seemed to get good scores overall when I really thought we had something good. Two years ago, I switched to the normal and suddenly the judges seem to like my overall choreography/transitions better. I don't know if really my team was that much better than the ones prior or that I as a coach became that much better but maybe... It definitely felt like the judges preferred to see it a certain way.

I used to set up my routine to be different from the "normal" but I never seemed to get good scores overall when I really thought we had something good. Two years ago, I switched to the normal and suddenly the judges seem to like my overall choreography/transitions better. I don't know if really my team was that much better than the ones prior or that I as a coach became that much better but maybe... It definitely felt like the judges preferred to see it a certain way.
Been there.

Back