All-Star Routine Set Up

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't care how it sets up just last long as they open with standing tumbling the middle are jumps and end with a dance (; lol

This year my jr 5 did
Opening
Standing
Stunts
Big pyramid(so they weren't tired)
Jumps
Running
Baskets
Second "easy" stunt
Straight to short pyramid
Dance

From a purely spectator perspective ( I won't pretend I could do any one of the elements at any time, much less in any sequence) I really like the traditional sequence. I feel connected to the team with the dance at the end as well. I always feel like I am either celebrating with them for a job well done, routing for them as they work it out if there were problems in the routine.

From a mom perspective, I would sometimes like to have the pyramid earlier in the routine, since i get ancy waiting for it, and sometimes miss huge parts of the routine waiting for it :eek:

Our routine this year is a bit of a mish mosh as we re-did the routine halfway through the season for changed scoresheets for different comps,

Jumps-standing tumbles
Stunting
Running Tumbling
Baskets
Stunting
Dance
Pyramid

It's nice to get the jumps and tumbles out early, but I'd rather dance after the pyramid, as I can't relax into the dance and enjoy it when I'm running the pyro through my head and stressing about hitting it, I'd rather dance at the end as its one of my favourite parts of the routine and it's great when you dance with that feeling after you've just hit a clean routine and soak up every moment knowing you've done it! <3

Back