All-Star Routine Set Up

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

As an athlete, I prefer the traditional opening/standing tumbling, stunts, jumps, running tumbling, pyramid, baskets, dance. It seems to break the routine up and as a team we can dissect each part, section by section. :)

For my 4.2 we went baskets, first stunt, jumps, standing, more jumps, elite stunt, running, third stunt, pyramid, dance. We stunt and jump a lot LOL

one year when i coached a C3 the routine i did for them was:

-Motion opening with a basket straight into sync. running tucks.
- standing tumbling
-Jumps
-Running
-baskets into pyramid
-Elite
-dance
(i had their stunting sections towards the end because they were stronger stunters than they were tumblers. so it worked out to their favor)

i know as an athlete i HATED one year having to have my elite stunts towards the end it sucked!

I personally like dance the best at the end. That's when you can rock out and leave the judges with that "overall impression" score as the last thing they see. I really hate pyramid as the last thing. I saw several of them that the last thing anyone saw as the music hit the final count was shaky wobbly-ness. That's just not a good note to end on. I even saw one (can't remember who) that threw a basket on the final count and I really didn't like that. I like the last count to be a throat punching, clean, sharp final motion. It totally killed the whole look of that because she basically hit the top of her ride at the last count, but then there was motion in the back you couldn't NOT look at as she was coming back down. Just totally killed the "kabam" ending for me.

I like standing tumbling in the beginning if you have it squad. Our j4 Threw squad standing tucks within the first 5 counts and it's just a nice way to say HELLO, WE'RE FOR REAL! Right in the beginning.

I have always just wanted to do a completely backwards routine one day. Start with dance, pyramid, running, jumps, elite, standing.
Now this would in no way be a serious thing but if anyone wants to throw a backwards routine together just to throw everyone off then call me up. I think it would be hilarious.

I like a pretty traditional set-up.

This year my Open 3 has:
Opening (includes motions, stunt-basket, standing - running tumbling combined (standing 3 half-turn to RO-tuck), running tumbling along front (RO-tuck), full team motions)
1st Stunt Sequence w/ basket at end
Jumps
Tumbling
Pryamid
2nd Stunt Sequence
Dance

i think that this order would be much easier:
opening/standing tumbling
running tumbling
jumps
one footed(stunts)
baskets
pyramid
dance
i believe F5 did this is 2009 and i loved it! it looks so much easier! :)

ending with dance has always been my favorite, especially after you hit the last element, and then you can just dance it out

this year i am splitting a few things up, but keeping the original setup...

senior 2
1. opening (with a minor jump section in the back) (with squad running tumbling included)
2. elite stunt
3. basket
4. single based stunts
5. jumps
6. running tumbling (specialties only)
7. pyramid
8. dance

junior 1
1. opening (lots of visual level 1 stunts in the back)
2. jumps connected to forward roll
3. second jump section
4. squad standing tumbling
5. elite stunt
6. single based stunts
7. running tumbling
8. transitional stunt
9. pyramid
10. dance

mini 1
1. opening (with squad running tumbling)
2. jumps
3. elite stunt
4. secondary jump sequence
5. standing tumbling
6. pyramid
7. dance

I like getting running tumbling out of the way and have standing tumbling later in the routine.
This year my team had (high school varsity, not all star but hope thats okay to still post)
Standing tumbling & basket
Jumps & more standing tumbling
Stunts
Running tumbling (almost everyone had two passes, pretty much right after each other)
Cheer Section
Dance
Pyramid

Back