All-Star Routines OVER 2:30

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I hate the Yankees. I know their roster. Hopefully today they will all die in a fire. (ok not really, but I do hate the Yankees and hope they die in a fire)

Talked to a Cheersport judge and said it's usually noted on Saturday and deducted on Sunday if not changed.

Just looked at my Itunes to see how long it would say the music is. I downloaded CEASE, Coed elite, and CEA Sharks.
Senior Elite: 2:32
Coed Elite: 2:32
Sharks: 2:35
It depends on the actual music time also..For example...For all of Rockstar's music, I add a 2 Second silence before the routine starts..Sometimes, there is a .5 or Full second of silence at the end of the routine. So when it pulls up on I-Tunes or Windows Media Player, it will say 2 Min 33 seconds, but you have to take in account the silence within that track. I know that's how we do ours, not sure about anyone else. But, maybe that could be a reason why some are long.

All ive got to say is...this is crazy! time them in person...VIDEOS LAG!!! i cant believe one person can start something like this over 1 team...its not fair to them and I doubt that there is any "time pinching" going on. SE would have an amazing routine if it was cuz at 2 minutes so "5 seconds" over? crazy.

All ive got to say is...this is crazy! time them in person...VIDEOS LAG!!! i cant believe one person can start something like this over 1 team...its not fair to them and I doubt that there is any "time pinching" going on. SE would have an amazing routine if it was cuz at 2 minutes so "5 seconds" over? crazy.

That's been addressed and acknowledged multiple times. . .

i have to say that judging the length of a routine via a video on youtube/dartfish/whatever isn't exactly accurate. i've uploaded videos into youtube before and they can screw up timing quite royally.

i'm not saying your calculations are 100% wrong(because they may be correct) but i'd want to time routines in person before confirming a suspicion that the team's routine is too long.

That's been addressed and acknowledged multiple times. . .

...well i am addressing the fact that he started from the 1st movement on the mat untill the music ended...so he didnt say if he went from the 1st movement on the mat untill the last...and I read the whole thread...i was pointing out something else.

All ive got to say is...this is crazy! time them in person....

Now I have this vision of Rich at competitions with a stopwatch in hand, ready to go!

timekeeper.jpg

Now I have this vision of Rich at competitions with a stopwatch in hand, ready to go!

timekeeper.jpg

I know i had a funny vision in my head two of all of these cheer moms running up to the judges table saying "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! LOOK AT THEIR TIME!!!" (while pointing to their iphone/blackberry/oldschool stopwatch)

:beathorse:

From what I can muster up in this post, it is not an obsession. Just someone legitimately looking for answers and raising questions on this board. It's like every time I log on, people become more and more sensitive.

Long story short, I disagree with a "grace" period, but believe there should be a "warning". At UCA high school, your "warning" is your regional qualifier, where they time your music. If it's over time, you have until nationals to fix it. I know some of these nationals don't have a "qualifier" but warm-ups is a fine enough time to have someone with a stopwatch judge if you need to cut some of your 'very sad celine dion song followed by a voiceover about x'ing us out' (all in good fun, CEA fans ;) )

Back