All-Star Ruby Slipper Full Up Grip

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok guys I love learning about cheer for my daughter but I'm not as up on stunting as I am tumbling.

I don't think I ever seen a full up the feet weren't crossed in?

Unless this is one

It's at like 1:02. But is that still called a full up?? Because well they are already up??

Every time I see them from the squish or whatever the feet are crossed. People can do them from squish without crossing their feet?? I haven't seen it can someone show me.

And also tell me if what I posted is a full up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a full-around, but it's essentially the same thing just from a squish level. Up until really last year, pretty much all full ups were done without the feet crossing, that's the "classic" way that everyone is talking about. Unless they were doing "fake-ups" where the bases turned, but even then the feet weren't crossed.
Here's the first video I found of one.

This would just be considered a full around since they were already up and returned to their original position. This crossed footed full up didn't really gain popularity until probably last season. I try to find some videos of the alternate ways.
Ok that's what I was thinking that what they did wasn't a full up. However my cp was on level 2 last year and did half ups straight to extension and there legs were also crossed. I've only seen spin things happen with cross legs so a real full up or 1 and half or double up video would probably amaze me a lot!

Ok that's what I was thinking that what they did wasn't a full up. However my cp was on level 2 last year and did half ups straight to extension and there legs were also crossed. I've only seen spin things happen with cross legs so a real full up or 1 and half or double up video would probably amaze me a lot!

Half ups have traditionally been done with the legs crossed since you are only spinning half way around, at least from what I have seen.

Thanks everyone!!! When they step into like at 30 seconds in this video is that also a full up??

Sorry I just have so many questions

Thanks everyone!!! When they step into like at 30 seconds in this video is that also a full up??

Sorry I just have so many questions

Yep, just adapted for only two bases. And notice the grip of the main base with her front hand turned in on the flyers toe. That's the traditional full up grip!

What I have enjoyed is the old way of doing fullups is SIGNIFICANTLY more difficult than the new ways and they score the same.
Kind of like the "one and a half ups" people were doing a few years back, which were really full ups with the entire stunt facing the back and walking around to the front. Yeah, not a 1.5 up.

All a matter of what classifies the movement? I know originally some UCA college people I know didn't like the Allstar double ups. They believed it had to be released and the bases feet planted to count. Allstar seems to believe as long as you can finish the movement in two counts it counts.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

What I have enjoyed is the old way of doing fullups is SIGNIFICANTLY more difficult than the new ways and they score the same.

It took our program a few years to master full ups, and now none of our kids can hit them the "new" ways. However, I still like the old way, because I think it teaches the flyer better body awareness, which is beneficial for all building skills.

It took our program a few years to master full ups, and now none of our kids can hit them the "new" ways. However, I still like the old way, because I think it teaches the flyer better body awareness, which is beneficial for all building skills.

It has those advantages, but the new way also makes teaching 1.5 and double ups progressions.

CP learned double ups the old way and recently learned them with this new grip. She says the new grip is easier. They have also learned how to do 1.5 ups with the new grip. Don't know if they will use the new grip or not. It did look "cleaner" to me using the traditional grip. How often was the new grip seen at comps last year do you think?

Ok so I think I know why I was confused. Kenny comes to our gym often to work with us and said it's the usual grip. I think this picture is the half up grip not the full up grip now that I look at it. This is the grip we used for half ups and the crossed feet one was the one we used for full ups.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back