All-Star Saves. . .

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

;)

tumblr_mmtuf4F5nd1s8ggt7o1_400.gif

There was a flyer who did an amazing save of her stunt Cheersport nationals just gone, Saturday around 1pmish (I can't remember the team!) but she was practically sitting on her backspots head while in an extended lib. She managed to one legged squat it right back up and hit her stretch. Crowd went mad was great to see :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

It's weird. The second I saw their jumps I knew deep down that they didn't need to be putting anyone in the air....just from watching the jump...which would not typically be indicative of anything but here it worked...:

Also. When I saw her get caught that Sarah Maclachlan song from the commercial with the abused dogs started playing in my head.....In the arms of an angel....

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Sometimes, you watch a video and just get a feeling based on their jumps and tumbling, I swear.

Ex: If you watch some of the WORST "cheer fail" sorts of videos. You can just TELL from "ready, ok!" that they probably need to be non-stunting but aren't because "like, let's stunt people and stuff because that's what all the cool teams on TV and stuff do."

Example: I was at my nephew's BB game. I've coached, so I have a bad habit of watching the CHEER team more than the actual games. So I'm watching the halftime pyramid and I notice that for a 14 year old rec team, their jumps are Mini Level 1 status and their BHS are of the "janky wide legged and struggling to heave myself over" variety. They put up a couple of prep stunts and they are 7.1 Richter scale earthquake shaky (think the first prep you ever based when you were 6.) Two of them barely make it up. These are PREPS, you guys.

Then they set for this pyramid with the two outsides being libs that hitch to the prep in the middle. Yes. One legged stunts. I look at my sister. I tell her "OMG Cynthia, that pyramid is going to fall."

Pyramid falls. My sister looks at me like I'm Nostradamus. Seriously. You really just KNOW.

Last edited:
Group left of point, probably the cleanest save I've ever seen.

Saves like this bring a tear to your eye because that's what you want when you tell kids to FIGHT FOR IT (instead of letting it fall and playing the "whose fault was it" game!)

Last edited:
Back