Skirts Vs Shorts? Half Tops Vs Full Tops?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hate the shorts. Even more than I hate the shorts, I despise the super short skirt. Especially with bright spankies. Every photo of a team in them during the dance portion it looks like it's a shot of a celeb on a tabloid. They ride up exactly wrong looking every time. It's not as bad with black spankies. Slightly longer skirts just look nice. Each top has its place, I actually like the longer tops with cut-out hems of various sorts.

I strongly prefer the full tops. I understand that for co-ed stunting, the half-tops may work better so the base can grip the flyer better for the load, but for everyone else, there's not really any reason to go to half tops. And this sport has enough issues with body image and potential eating disorders. Even some really strong, fit athletes might carry a bit of belly fat, and no one should be put in a position where that makes them feel self-conscious. Plus I think we've all seen the odd "wardrobe malfunction" where things pop out the bottom of a half top? No, thank you.

Skirts/shorts? For the look, I prefer the skirts, but they end up upside down and riding up, and really, shorts are so much more practical!

I like the halftops and skirts combo better but i think if it's coed and theres a boys longer top, girls sould be allowed choose that because I think if your really insecure about it it can show on the mat. I dont really like shorts except for f5 but I think skorts are an amazing option

I think half tops and shorts if the people on your team are in fit. But for mini level 1 and 2 they should wear full tops and skits it just looks better on them because they're so little and it looks whoreish if little kids are walking around with nothing on them.

i love half tops but i think shorts on looks good on some teams like if your not level 5 it kinda seems weird to me.and if you have full tops and shorts it's really awkward just my opinion

Half tops and shorts:) Like F5's worlds 2011 uni:) But skirts are cute as long as they aren't super long and awk.. or plain.. Our team (az power) has half tops and skirts:)

Back