Music Slapfire Music Mixing Tips

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

More questions? bring em... I"ll have alot of information coming up about the "SlapFire School for the really good looking kids." haha JK... Seriously the SlapFire school is coming! It will be the best way to actually learn music mixing. More info soon, but for now... Hit me some questions.

Hello I wanted to say thank you so much for doing this! I was wondering what do you use/ do to make sound effects? Is there a curtain software/ program/ equipment??

Hello I wanted to say thank you so much for doing this! I was wondering what do you use/ do to make sound effects? Is there a curtain software/ program/ equipment??

Most of them are samples from songs thati've gathered over the years. My builds and my flyovers, I made with my Yamaha Motif keyboard. The Motif is a keyboard that is considered to be the Music Industry standard for making music. Sick instruments and sounds. I'll take tones from there and manipulate them to work for cheerleading. Like my new Buck Tuck sounds or my new tone builds. All made through Tone Generation. This is going to be in the Advanced Semester of SlapFire University. Advanced Semester will prob be next January. Stay Tuned!

I have a sick kit available for $200 that has an Acid Template filled with 8-count markers, SDFX and Beatz. You won't need much more than what is in the ACID Template project. If you're interested, email at [email protected]. I will be in contact starting Monday after Worlds.

Just wanted to say I think it's really cool that you're doing this. I've met people who won't share their knowledge and just want to keep it all to themselves, so thanks for helping those of us who would like to learn even if it means less people would be *buying* mixes.
im TOTALLY with u :)

EQ.... Then you gotta..... EQ.... The after that.... EQ.. hehe... EQing is dependant upon the songs or sounds that you are trying to mix the beat or whatever sounds into each other. The goal is to Make all of the sounds sound like ONE song. This skill is hard to find on any level of music production. Take for instance Timbaland (notice i didn't use anyone from the Cheer World cause they cry. JK) Timbaland's songs DO NOT sound the way they do when he's done making the track. He finishes sequencing and laying down the vocals, then he sends the project to an audio mixing engineer. It's that engineer's job to make it sound like what your hear on the radio. We as Cheerleading music producers are the whole kitnkaboodle. We have to do it all, cause it's not really economical to send it off and pay another $500 to get mastered, plus.... Could you imagine telling our customers they have to wait another week before they get their music? HAHA LOL... yeah right.

Here's the solution.

For $50 you can send me your Acid Project. I will go through it with a fine tooth comb. I will make notes and list those notes and send it back to you with all of my recommendations. Then If you want me to actually fix it, I can do that to for an estimated price. It depends on how much work i have to do. I charge $100 per hour (1 hour minimum). There's a chance that your routine could be sounding like Top notch work for $150 extra. I will give you an estimate before i work on it though.

Most of them are samples from songs thati've gathered over the years. My builds and my flyovers, I made with my Yamaha Motif keyboard. The Motif is a keyboard that is considered to be the Music Industry standard for making music. Sick instruments and sounds. I'll take tones from there and manipulate them to work for cheerleading. Like my new Buck Tuck sounds or my new tone builds. All made through Tone Generation. This is going to be in the Advanced Semester of SlapFire University. Advanced Semester will prob be next January. Stay Tuned!

I have a sick kit available for $200 that has an Acid Template filled with 8-count markers, SDFX and Beatz. You won't need much more than what is in the ACID Template project. If you're interested, email at [email protected]. I will be in contact starting Monday after Worlds.

do you have any samples that we can hear from that kit? How about builds? is it included too? :)

how do i EQ?

Not sure how you have Acid set up, but if you have it set up with default settings then your "EQ button" is available on each track that you've loaded into the acid session. It should be in line with your track name and it's the 5th button from the left. Kinda like a cross. Click that and your EQ should pop up. Let me know if you get it to pop up! and ya'll need to shimmy! I want a 100 by Friday!

Not sure how you have Acid set up, but if you have it set up with default settings then your "EQ button" is available on each track that you've loaded into the acid session. It should be in line with your track name and it's the 5th button from the left. Kinda like a cross. Click that and your EQ should pop up. Let me know if you get it to pop up! and ya'll need to shimmy! I want a 100 by Friday!
i got it to pop up but i dont know what to do now lol

i got it to pop up but i dont know what to do now lol

Well..... All Eqs are the same. Low frequency to the left, high frequency to the right. Mess around with it and you'll get the idea. This is probaly the most important thing in Cheerleading Music and it's a big Lesson with SlapFire University so I'm not gonna let all of my secrets out about EQing! Two of the Biggest "Cheer Music Editors" didn't learn how to do this until the beginning of last season. I can't wait to get yall in class! My entire 30 students are gonna be better than 95% of everyone mixing music within 1 year. Let's get it!

When it comes to samples, how do you save your samples? and what are the benefits of Audition over Sound Forge Pro?

Sampling is another tedious task that I spend Hours doing. Some people beatmap. I don't. The quality isn't as good and it takes a toll on your comp resources. Save everything as Windows PCM WAV! Do not resave as MP3. You'll loose even more dynamics within the sample and you'll loose headroom when mixing down. Sound Forge is a nice piece of software also. And I don't mind if you want to use Sound Forge while taking classes at Slap U, but all classes will be taught on the techniques that I have proven. Other popular Cheer Music producers have learned my techniques also and are sticking to my program. (Success!) Audition to me is just very familiar. If you know Sound Forge well already, then the techniques I teach you while utilizing a WAV Editor (Sound Forge, Wave Lab, Audition, and others) can be applied to your WAV Editor.

FYI: I do not claim that SlapFire is the end all be all (Authority) on Cheerleading Music. I believe like any art, that music should be an extension of yourself. Cheerleading adds a little more depth to this, in the way that, We as music producers are actually becoming an extension of the TEAM that has hired us to relay their message to the Crowd, judges, and anyone else listening. When you try to put art into a bOX, i feel you're gonna end up being like Gymnastics! haha LOL. Do you want to sound and feel like That? NO... This is Cheerleading and we wouldn't want to be like another sport. We Are Our Own thing! So I don't judge what music is good or not for anyone else but my own opinion. SlapFire is only giving advice based on what works for SlapFire. What works for SlapFire may not work for you or anyone else. I'm only here to respresent what works for SlapFire and how SlapFire can help elevate other people wanting to take this amazing road of Music production. I will teach SlapFire Style, SlapFire Techniques, SlapFire Skills and my hope is that you'll have a Slappin' great time doing it! If you want learn from the Bruce Lee of Cheerleading Music (I am asian) then email me at [email protected]. Website coming soon. (Finishing next week... and yes I make websites also)

How do you kill the original drums, so i can overlay the new beat? I know that i can search a bass drum that sound similar to the track drum and build the new to this, but after transition it sounds bad, if there are two differnt kinds of drums.

EQing... EQing is the most important part to learn to make your mixes CoHensive! EQ

Back