Music Slapfire Music Mixing Tips

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Anyone need some help? Slap U! starts July 6th. 30 students will be the first group of Slapperz to make history! If you're interested, go ahead and get on the waiting list by applying to become a Slapper here: Click to Enroll!

There are many techniques to Mastering. Always be sure to have your main mix levels are just below the Peak Threshold. Then you'll mix down and import that mixdown into your Wav Editor and Compress, EQ, and Save.

Where do you get acapellas/instrumentals? Do you have some websites? Actually i search a acapella from Pitbull - can´t stop me now, but couldn´t find anywhere.

I brainstorm more than anything. That's a another reason why i take close to 14 hours per routine. I jot words that respresent the team. Then I jot words that I want to use in Vocals. Then I make 5-20 raps and sayings. Then i listen to all of the songs that I want use and write lyrics that will accompany the music. Then i examine the 8 count sheets and place ideas. Next I mix and if I decide to change my prepared ideas on the fly, i go with it. It's always changing and morphing into more than i prepared for. This is fun for me. I don't feel like I work alot. I feel that I'm consumed with ideas and I experiment alot. LOL That's why I try to make every routine sound different. It's very hard, but I like a challenge. I made 6 mixes for California Coed last season. But I only used 2.

I brainstorm more than anything. That's a another reason why i take close to 14 hours per routine. I jot words that respresent the team. Then I jot words that I want to use in Vocals. Then I make 5-20 raps and sayings. Then i listen to all of the songs that I want use and write lyrics that will accompany the music. Then i examine the 8 count sheets and place ideas. Next I mix and if I decide to change my prepared ideas on the fly, i go with it. It's always changing and morphing into more than i prepared for. This is fun for me. I don't feel like I work alot. I feel that I'm consumed with ideas and I experiment alot. LOL That's why I try to make every routine sound different. It's very hard, but I like a challenge. I made 6 mixes for California Coed last season. But I only used 2.

Wow thats cool! lol are you gonna release the non-used mixes ;) lol
Thank you though! I was just wondering how you get that great flow and it just sounds like a masterpiece lol!

A lot of coaches in my area like to make up the routine to the music that is already done, and when I don't have any counts to go off of..I have a hard time filling a mix :/ i find myself running out of (hypothetic) routine sections..what do you suggest I do?

A lot of coaches in my area like to make up the routine to the music that is already done, and when I don't have any counts to go off of..I have a hard time filling a mix :/ i find myself running out of (hypothetic) routine sections..what do you suggest I do?
Also, I was wondering if you could explain what the Slapfire template is?

I hate not having 8-count sheets. But.. I have to do it and require a format. Theyt have to give me the format. You can check out this form i have for coaches that want Pre Mixed music: http://www.slapfire.com/access/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=164&Itemid=466

can someone give some insight on how to do proper sampling? I've done some sampling before but I'm not totally satified with how they come out. How do you sample?

can someone give some insight on how to do proper sampling? I've done some sampling before but I'm not totally satified with how they come out. How do you sample?

Sampling is the def. Hard! Learning to ready the wavs is challenging, but with practice, it becomes an art form that can't be replaced yet.

The best way is trial and error and proper beat counting. You gotta feel the loop and calculate the number of beats, to insure the samples line up to the grid properly in Acid. Details will be avail;able for FREE at Slap U in the near future. We'll keep ya posted!

Back