Music Slapfire Music Mixing Tips

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Almost request the kit to every email adress, but no response.

Hold your horses partner! Simma down... now... haha.. If you look anything like the your Avatar you better turn it down a notch.

Bro.. I just got back yesterday. I had over 600 notifications and emails. You were only 4 of them. LOL.

I just sent you an email, but you haven't responded back to me yet. So hurry up BRO. These SDFX are burning a whole in my pocket! LOL. come on... get on it. How are you ever gonna make cheerleading music going that slow? let's get it Tommy!

Just kidding with you...haha

Hold your horses partner! Simma down... now... haha.. If you look anything like the your Avatar you better turn it down a notch.

Bro.. I just got back yesterday. I had over 600 notifications and emails. You were only 4 of them. LOL.

I just sent you an email, but you haven't responded back to me yet. So hurry up BRO. These SDFX are burning a whole in my pocket! LOL. come on... get on it. How are you ever gonna make cheerleading music going that slow? let's get it Tommy!

Just kidding with you...haha

Haha, 600 is a lot, hope you have a secretary. Look into your mail, wrote already back.

Understanding Sony Acid Part 1

Sony Acid is mainly used as a Loop Based Sequencer. You can also use Sony Acid for full music production, recording vocals, programming MIDI, and every kind of genre of music out there. It's a Great tool! Loop Based Sequencing is basically taking SAMPLES that are LOOPS and sequencing them in the order in which you want them to be heard. For example: you have "BOOMS" and you have "BAPS". In Acid you can take those BOOMS and those BAPS and sequence them to sound like this: BOOM BOOM BAP, BOOM BOOM BAP BAP. Or you can take "Check this out" and replay that loop over and over. "Check this out, check this out, Check this out" Understanding your grid and timeline, will help you sequence these LOOPS over and over until your project is done to your satisfaction. It's just like writing a story or a paper in school. You start from the left and you use songs, sounds, and vocals to tell your story, moving to the right.

At SlapFire we only use Sony Acid as a loop based sequencer. We don't Master or Record Vocals. We occassionally use MIDI and that's a lot more advanced, so we wont go into that. Since we use Sony Acid for mainly just sequencing, our coarse on Sony Acid at Slap U! is not hard. It's mainly basics with repitition. But Slap U! brings the philosophy of how we use the basic techniques to achieve that SlapFire Sound!

Things are heating up at Slap U! We've launched the site (www.slapfireu.com) and are adding new information everyday. We will soon start putting up tutorials that will help you with the Basics. Stay tuned to this thread for more information on mixing cheerleading music.

Also... If you have any questions, fire them at me.

Are there any tips or tricks you can tell me as to what VSTs to use to process my voice when I record and edit? I have professional grade equipment but can't get the clarity that I want... I know you wont give away all your secrets but I'd love anything you can help. I just took the poll and made a comment on the fb. Can't wait for the VO. Thanks

Are there any tips or tricks you can tell me as to what VSTs to use to process my voice when I record and edit? I have professional grade equipment but can't get the clarity that I want... I know you wont give away all your secrets but I'd love anything you can help. I just took the poll and made a comment on the fb. Can't wait for the VO. Thanks

I only use the Waves Plug Ins system for 1 part of my Vocal Process. I don't have to use WAVeS at all. I can do it all with Adobe Audition's effects very well cause I know how to manipulate that program pretty well. I do love the Waves plug ins though and I'll be teaching on how Waves Plug Ins play a Small Role for Big Sound.

Just a Note: I am not into having 1000 plug ins and all of this major equipment and a "Fancy" studio. I'm into what can you make with what you got. I've owned just about every kind of equipment over the years. And all I need is my Computer, Sound Card, Speakers, and Mic and I can make anything. It's all about knowing how to use your equipment. That's what I'm gonna teach. My 24 step process to achieving High Quality cheerleading routines!

hey Chat what are loopz again? i think you answered it before..and do haave any samples?

Loops are basically small sound bytes that repeat over and over. Hence "Loop". Making Loops are done by Sampling songs, beats, or whatever sound. Sampling has a big SOUND Quality advantage over BeatMapping.

SlapFire has another ground breaking product that will raise your production skills above the rest. It's called SlapLoopz.

SlapLoopz are Loops of your favorite songs, ready to be mixed in to Acid. Basically we cut out a major headache for a lot producers out there that don't like sampling cause it takes too long. All of the SlapLoopz are Acidized and mastered in Highest Quality of WAV format. We do the sampling for you and package it a downloadable Zip file.

Example SlapLoopz: Black Eyed Peas - Can't Get Enough. We took that song and:
1. Cut up all of the samples
2. Imported the samples in to Acid
3. Adjusted the samples to mix perfect with any beat or another song
4. Resaved the samples by Acidizing the Loops
5. Zipped them into a downloadable file.

You would:
1. Go onto SlapFire.com
2. See a SlapLoop of a song that you wanna use for your music project
3. Purchase the SlapLoop for $3
4. Instantly Download your Zip file.
5. Open your Zip file and Extract your WAV samples
6. Import into Acid
7. Now KILL the MIX with the perfect fitting sample!

www.slapfire.com

i have a question about headphones..i don't understand this whole impedance and ohms thing! trying to get the best quality/kind that i can..i would love any advice you could give!

Would it be possible just to be able to take a look at one of your Acid project files, even if it is just a short 30sec or 1 min mix?

You seem to have that same kind of sound/beat track, you know the one I mean, that you use for running tumbling sections, it's that fast sounding one. What's the name/label for that beat track you use, or is there more than one? I like that sound.

Would it be possible just to be able to take a look at one of your Acid project files, even if it is just a short 30sec or 1 min mix?

The best way for you to get my exact formaula is to get into the Slap U. I give you a small 6-8 count assignment, you send me the acid project, I examine it and get you back all of the recommendations to get you sounding like SlapFire. We do this 11 full times in a semester. You're enitre music sound and skill will change in 12 weeks.

i have a question about headphones..i don't understand this whole impedance and ohms thing! trying to get the best quality/kind that i can..i would love any advice you could give!

I don't use headphones. I may reference to headphones while running in my IPOD, but i don't use them at all to mix music. BUT... If i were going to choose a set I would choose the same set that FULL SAIL Music school uses. The Sennheiser HD 280 PRO. Full Sail is the premier music school and they use those. I use these headphones for my vocal recording in the mic booth. They have a flat sound. Flat sound is good because, if you can make it sound good, then it's gonna sound good across the board.

Latest posts

Back