OT So Fuller House???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I finally finished it up and definitely think Max is the breakout star of the entire series. I don't think I would watch anymore though, there were more cringe worthy moments for me than ones I liked. I also really disliked most of the first episode---I know they needed a plot line but I felt DJ came off as an entitled brat and that kinda colored my glasses for the rest of the series. I actually liked Kimmie and Stephanie's characters a lot, but I felt like they forced the diversity role of Fernando and Ramona a bit too much. Like, yes you added diversity to a totally white cast, BUT maybe not make everyone else aware that you're doing it so we know you're doing it next time? Ramona was likable, Fernando was a walking stereotype and I couldn't enjoy any scene he was in.
Love Max

I just LOVED TGIF as a kid ... I remember my Friday nights (yea.. I was this lame, when I wasn't cheering, friends would want to go do stuff and I would dip out to watch my shows, kind of sounds like my adult life actually (lol) Mom would get a pizza and Id watch Full House, Family Matters, Boy Meets World, Perfect Strangers, Step by Step! They just don't make shows like this anymore. Everything now a days is so heavy. I feel like more shows need to come back to this type of light hearted- hug it out in a half an hour type of format. Not everything needs to be super realistic or overly saturated with deep and meaningful plot lines. IE: EVERYTHING meaning stuff like: "Freeform" (which sounds like an adult diaper) is "Trying" to become. Hello, There's not a show on that network that isn't "trying too hard." And isn't shoving teen "angst" and "depression" down kids throats. Just saying... Is Fuller House sappy, corn ball and TOTALY over the top, yes... But after you watch, you leave a little warmer...
Rant over, carry on, pass me my IV :p

I watched 2 episodes this morning and I couldn't do it.

It was sad and awkward to watch

And Stephanie talking about clubs...all I could think about was her real life drug addiction

Nick and Alex being so dense and dumb annoyed me during the first episode

I refuse to believe they Kimmy's quirkiness hasn't matured in 20 + years. Still quirky , sure but she was like obnoxiously too much like her teenage self

The whole way the portrayed DJ needing help was also annoying (and privileged ).

I don't know if I'll bother finishing it.

Also Stephanie and that baby are the best actors. For whatever that's worth.

The acting is terrible overall.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the same thing at first but after a few episodes it started to feel more like an actual sitcom and Kimmie turns more into a mom-like character! Although I still find it hard to believe sometimes!

I really liked how the humor between the girls changed to fit the now older crowd. Although, I do feel as if they tried too hard to please the audience and fit as much as they could into the first season in hopes of getting renewed for a second. I know it had a lot of expectations and didn't want to be a let down, but I wish they took it down just a notch. I feel like I watched a whole series worth, but at the same time only watched five episodes.
I'll definitely watch the second season (granted there is one).

I thought the same thing at first but after a few episodes it started to feel more like an actual sitcom and Kimmie turns more into a mom-like character! Although I still find it hard to believe sometimes!

I'm somewhere around episode 5 or 6 and I'm still hating it.

And I'm sorry but as the daughter of a single mom (granted my parents were divorced not deceased) who raised 3 kids of similar ages and spacing while working full time....everything's about DJ's needs g help makes me roll my eyes. Entitled. Privileged. Ugh. I suspect that if I'd been an adult during Full House I would have felt similarly

Also Max is....I don't find him like able... Esp after the episode with the dogs

I don't like over the top cutesy. Life has left me hardened and cynical and unable to stomach such foolery

Last edited:
I'm somewhere around episode 5 or 6 and I'm still hating it.

And I'm sorry but as the daughter of a single mom (granted my parents were divorced not deceased) who raised 3 kids of similar ages and spacing while working full time....everything's about DJ's needs g help makes me roll my eyes. Entitled. Privileged. Ugh. I suspect that if I'd been an adult during Full House I would have felt similarly

Also Max is....I don't find him like able... Esp after the episode with the dogs

I don't like over the top cutesy. Life has left me hardened and cynical and unable to stomach such foolery

I'm the daughter of a single mother who had 4 children by the time she was 25 (two of which were boys 13 months apart) who's husband was deceased by the time the oldest was 7 and youngest was not even a year. Working as a waitress. If my mother had any family living around us whatsoever, she would have welcomed the help with open arms. I don't think it makes her entitled or privileged to need help at all. My experiences haven't made me feel that way towards life. It's all about how you perceive negative things that happen to you. You can either let them keep you down, or you can choose to look at them as blessings in disguise. Scars make us stronger.

But it's a show.. so I digress.

I'm the daughter of a single mother who had 4 children by the time she was 25 (two of which were boys 13 months apart) who's husband was deceased by the time the oldest was 7 and youngest was not even a year. Working as a waitress. If my mother had any family living around us whatsoever, she would have welcomed the help with open arms. I don't think it makes her entitled or privileged to need help at all. My experiences haven't made me feel that way towards life. It's all about how you perceive negative things that happen to you. You can either let them keep you down, or you can choose to look at them as blessings in disguise. Scars make us stronger.

But it's a show.. so I digress.

I actually agree with @ErinS on how DJ sounded. Not that it really matters, but my parents were married until my dad died when I was 8, my step dad came into the picture around age 10-11 and he was dead at 17. I'm 1 of 4 kids; 3rd in line.

That said, I think there is a large difference between welcoming help and expecting it and DJ came off as someone who felt she was entitled to the help.

I actually agree with @ErinS on how DJ sounded. Not that it really matters, but my parents were married until my dad died when I was 8, my step dad came into the picture around age 10-11 and he was dead at 17. I'm 1 of 4 kids; 3rd in line.

That said, I think there is a large difference between welcoming help and expecting it and DJ came off as someone who felt she was entitled to the help.

Agree to disagree :)

Last edited:
Just announced Season 2!
giphy.gif

Mike Drop!

Back