OT So Fuller House???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Yessssssssssssssssssssss. Can't wait.

Hopefully they can get one of the Olsens to make even a short appearance this time!

Side note: I can't get over how great the actress who plays DJ looks. She had quite the awkward stage but now she's like MILF status. Get it.
Right... Go DJ Tanner...I mean talk about a Glo Up ! Really, the whole cast looks "well preserved"...

It's a bit cheesy but I agree with @crazzyeyesassypants. There aren't many tv shows that families can watch together, and I'm all for light and fluffy. I'm tired of Disney shows where the parents are killed off or made to look like idiots, and the kids have a sassy mouth on them and are disrespectful to adults. I'm also tired of cartoons. My girls love it and are asking to watch the original Full House now.

I also have a connection with the show in that my sisters and I are the exact same ages as the girls in the original series. I'm the same age as DJ, my middle sister was very much like Stephanie and the same age, and when I was 10 my youngest sister was born and was the same age as Michelle. So watching the show as kids was like watching kids our very same ages going through things we were experiencing too.

When my girls were babies I used to be part of a cloth diaper board and Andrea Barber (who plays Kimmy) was a member. I remember when she broke the news who she really was we were all our 12yr old selves again, and flooding her with questions. lol

It's a bit cheesy but I agree with @crazzyeyesassypants. There aren't many tv shows that families can watch together, and I'm all for light and fluffy. I'm tired of Disney shows where the parents are killed off or made to look like idiots, and the kids have a sassy mouth on them and are disrespectful to adults. I'm also tired of cartoons. My girls love it and are asking to watch the original Full House now.

I also have a connection with the show in that my sisters and I are the exact same ages as the girls in the original series. I'm the same age as DJ, my middle sister was very much like Stephanie and the same age, and when I was 10 my youngest sister was born and was the same age as Michelle. So watching the show as kids was like watching kids our very same ages going through things we were experiencing too.

When my girls were babies I used to be part of a cloth diaper board and Andrea Barber (who plays Kimmy) was a member. I remember when she broke the news who she really was we were all our 12yr old selves again, and flooding her with questions. lol

Oh gosh, I would've LOVED to be a lurker on that board when that happened! I love her. How did that even come up? Did someone out her on the board?

I'm the daughter of a single mother who had 4 children by the time she was 25 (two of which were boys 13 months apart) who's husband was deceased by the time the oldest was 7 and youngest was not even a year. Working as a waitress. If my mother had any family living around us whatsoever, she would have welcomed the help with open arms. I don't think it makes her entitled or privileged to need help at all. My experiences haven't made me feel that way towards life. It's all about how you perceive negative things that happen to you. You can either let them keep you down, or you can choose to look at them as blessings in disguise. Scars make us stronger.

But it's a show.. so I digress.

There's a difference between WELCOMING help and EXPECTING help. It's not entitled or privileged to NEED help, it's entitled and privileged to think that you are entitled to the help and that's how she came across on the first episode. Obviously it's a precedence set by her characters up bringing since her father was found on the same position much like my propensity to be independent is set by my upbringing

And I'm not really sure how your last two sentences tie in...since I wasn't alluding to the fact that my parents divorce is why I don't enjoy Fuller House but rather the fact that I prefer sit coms shows that depict family life in a more relatable and realistic light....I e. black-ish or Fresh off the Boat. Watching Full House at age 7 and watching it at age 30....like there's no way you can watch it the same way.

And do we just overlook all of the things adult Stephanie or....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ErinS Cynical Sister's Unite! (Super cheesy I know.) I completely agree---my 30 year old self can not watch this the same way I did as a child and there were more than a few portions that I'm not so sure I'd want either of my girls watching. They're 5 and 7 so target age audience, but just like Disney shows go a little too far in the bad mouthing/idiotic parent route (we also don't let them watch those shows) I think Fuller House went to the opposite extreme that I find to be no better. Frankly, everything can't be solved with a hug.

@ErinS Cynical Sister's Unite! (Super cheesy I know.) I completely agree---my 30 year old self can not watch this the same way I did as a child and there were more than a few portions that I'm not so sure I'd want either of my girls watching. They're 5 and 7 so target age audience, but just like Disney shows go a little too far in the bad mouthing/idiotic parent route (we also don't let them watch those shows) I think Fuller House went to the opposite extreme that I find to be no better. Frankly, everything can't be solved with a hug.

Right! Its almost like how there are always Buzzfeed articles about inappropriate/dirty jokes from cartoons when we were children that went completely over our heads...except now it's not going over our heads :/... The ONLY Disney Show I'm not bothered by my niece (10) watching is Girl Meets World...and while it doesn't necessarily fit my 90's nostalgia either (because the reality is the show isn't designed for the millennials that grew up watching BMW).... I'm not bothered by the kids behavior or the episode content (like the bullying and Asperger episode)...although it does bother me when they let Riley's dimwitted nature outweigh her strong nature.. (And I had to force myself to learn to like GMW)

But anyway, like my sister said (she watched Fuller House with my niece and then made her stop), if my kid is going to exposed to adult content and innuendos, then let it be of substance and something she can learn from....Like last Wednesday's black-ish episode.

Oh gosh, I would've LOVED to be a lurker on that board when that happened! I love her. How did that even come up? Did someone out her on the board?
It's been 7yrs but from what I can remember there was a rumour floating on the board that somebody was a former child actor and everybody was playing the guessing game. She finally came out saying at one point she was a child actor but really played it down saying she wasn't one of the bigger known ones. We all started trying to figure out who it was but nobody guessed correct. When she said who she was we all flooded with nostalgic emotions. lol

ETA: Innuendos have always been a part of tv shows and movies. I was watching old episodes of Family Ties and never caught anything until now while watching with my girls. Even The Cosby Show had them (okay maybe a poor example in light of recent news lol). When I think back to my childhood and what I watched and watch it now, I'm surprised at the content but it really did go over my head. I also grew up watching Remington Steel (at 8 I had the biggest crush on Pierce Brosnan), Magnum PI, Family Ties, Facts of Life, Different Strokes, My Two Dads, Hogan Family, Silver Spoons, A Team, Love Boat, etc.

I recently introduced my girls to I Love Lucy. Watching it now I enjoy it even more because I understand the content. As I kid I just thought it was funny.

There's no right or wrong on this topic, and each family has to decide for themselves what they will and won't allow. Going back and watching stuff from childhood is enlightening to say the least.

Last edited:
There's a difference between WELCOMING help and EXPECTING help. It's not entitled or privileged to NEED help, it's entitled and privileged to think that you are entitled to the help and that's how she came across on the first episode. Obviously it's a precedence set by her characters up bringing since her father was found on the same position much like my propensity to be independent is set by my upbringing

And I'm not really sure how your last two sentences tie in...since I wasn't alluding to the fact that my parents divorce is why I don't enjoy Fuller House but rather the fact that I prefer sit coms shows that depict family life in a more relatable and realistic light....I e. black-ish or Fresh off the Boat. Watching Full House at age 7 and watching it at age 30....like there's no way you can watch it the same way.

And do we just overlook all of the things adult Stephanie or....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My last two sentences tie in because you said "Life has left me hardened and cynical and unable to stomach such foolery." We choose to look at the show in two very different lights and that's fine.

It's been 7yrs but from what I can remember there was a rumour floating on the board that somebody was a former child actor and everybody was playing the guessing game. She finally came out saying at one point she was a child actor but really played it down saying she wasn't one of the bigger known ones. We all started trying to figure out who it was but nobody guessed correct. When she said who she was we all flooded with nostalgic emotions. lol

ETA: Innuendos have always been a part of tv shows and movies. I was watching old episodes of Family Ties and never caught anything until now while watching with my girls. Even The Cosby Show had them (okay maybe a poor example in light of recent news lol). When I think back to my childhood and what I watched and watch it now, I'm surprised at the content but it really did go over my head. I also grew up watching Remington Steel (at 8 I had the biggest crush on Pierce Brosnan), Magnum PI, Family Ties, Facts of Life, Different Strokes, My Two Dads, Hogan Family, Silver Spoons, A Team, Love Boat, etc.

I recently introduced my girls to I Love Lucy. Watching it now I enjoy it even more because I understand the content. As I kid I just thought it was funny.

There's no right or wrong on this topic, and each family has to decide for themselves what they will and won't allow. Going back and watching stuff from childhood is enlightening to say the least.

Nobody is saying innuendos haven't always been apart of TV...its the fact that now as an adult, things are no longer going over your head...so watching it makes it you (me) cringe. Kind of like your example... The Cosby Show....stuff Bill said and now knowing he was out drugging and raping women at that time IRL. The stuff grown up Stephanie says...while knowing she's battled a meth/drug addiction IRL.

But I also think today's children are smarter than we (I) were because they're exposed to more and have easier access to more. I've had kids in story time under 4 say things to me and in my head I'm like "Well D--mn Kid". So what we think is flying over their heads now...probably isn't. I've watched Rugrats with my niece on Teen Nick and shes caught some of the things Phil and Lil say...that would have never dawned on me

I'm not one of those people that believes in censoring things for children by any means, but on the flip side I weigh the content and determine whether or not it is of "value" to be exposed to.

Nobody is saying innuendos haven't always been apart of TV...its the fact that now as an adult, things are no longer going over your head...so watching it makes it you (me) cringe. Kind of like your example... The Cosby Show....stuff Bill said and now knowing he was out drugging and raping women at that time IRL. The stuff grown up Stephanie says...while knowing she's battled a meth/drug addiction IRL.

But I also think today's children are smarter than we (I) were because they're exposed to more and have easier access to more. I've had kids in story time under 4 say things to me and in my head I'm like "Well D--mn Kid". So what we think is flying over their heads now...probably isn't. I've watched Rugrats with my niece on Teen Nick and shes caught some of the things Phil and Lil say...that would have never dawned on me

I'm not one of those people that believes in censoring things for children by any means, but on the flip side I weigh the content and determine whether or not it is of "value" to be exposed to.
Fair enough. That was more so along my point. Going back and watching things now is enlightening. Then again I swear I grew up in a bubble and can relate to Kimmy Schmidt a little too much. lol

I agree. I haven't had a chance to see this show, but I'll get around to it. I think it's uncomfortable to be watching kid cartoons and see/hear some dirty things. Personally, I don't watch cartoons when I need adult humor. I watch them during finals week when I need to rest my brain.
And I've had some kids running their mouths off saying things I didn't learn about until high school. Popular music and advertising censors very little. Unfortunately, the popular songs aren't usually about things of substance... unless you find substances as substance.... Ads and internet chatter just adds to the crap that they hear. Kids aren't stupid. They might not understand the whole picture, but they get enough of an idea.

Gasp! I don't fawn over celebs but except for the ones that MATTER: cast of: full house, cast of Saved By the Bell (original), Britney Spears, Zac Posen, Laura Bell Bundy and Tim Gunn.
..... I'd knock over T Swift to get The Gibblers autograph

My last two sentences tie in because you said "Life has left me hardened and cynical and unable to stomach such foolery." We choose to look at the show in two very different lights and that's fine.

It's all about how you perceive negative things that happen to you. You can either let them keep you down, or you can choose to look at them as blessings in disguise. Scars make us stronger.

Not that I actually care (about this whole thing and not necessarily your statement) but your statement confused me because it worked on an assumption that my parents divorce left me hardened and cynical (which i've never seen it as anything other than a "blessin'" and definitely not negative) and not more serious things (i.e. the murder of a friend) are what contributes to my "cynicism" and "hardened" nature (but again you weren't expected to know that) but that is why I read your statement like "eh.....none of that is a 'blessing in disguise'..."

I agree. I haven't had a chance to see this show, but I'll get around to it. I think it's uncomfortable to be watching kid cartoons and see/hear some dirty things. Personally, I don't watch cartoons when I need adult humor. I watch them during finals week when I need to rest my brain.
And I've had some kids running their mouths off saying things I didn't learn about until high school. Popular music and advertising censors very little. Unfortunately, the popular songs aren't usually about things of substance... unless you find substances as substance.... Ads and internet chatter just adds to the crap that they hear. Kids aren't stupid. They might not understand the whole picture, but they get enough of an idea.

Right, kids get the simplest explanation of what there is to offer...because they're simple people...

Like I once read a compelling think piece about why "Trap Queen" by Fetty Wap is a romantic tale about a hard working couple etc.... The author did an excellent job and I could see where he's coming from.

Meanwhile the 5 year old just picks up of the drugs and things its okay...and sings along. So no..kids aren't getting the underlying message the author seemed to think the song had...(nor are most adults that enjoy that lifestyle)

Back