OT So Fuller House???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Right, kids get the simplest explanation of what there is to offer...because they're simple people...

Like I once read a compelling think piece about why "Trap Queen" by Fetty Wap is a romantic tale about a hard working couple etc.... The author did an excellent job and I could see where he's coming from.

Meanwhile the 5 year old just picks up of the drugs and things its okay...and sings along. So no..kids aren't getting the underlying message the author seemed to think the song had...(nor are most adults that enjoy that lifestyle)
Wait, what?! You had me until Fetty Wap's "Trap Queen" was "Romantic" ... (I was hitting shimmys all day girl... Now I'm lost)

P.S. Forgot Harrison Ford and Ice Cube... I'd die if I met either of them... But STILL would knock either of them over for Kimmy Gibbler

Wait, what?! You had me until Fetty Wap's "Trap Queen" was "Romantic" ... (I was hitting shimmys all day girl... Now I'm lost)

Fetty Wap’s “Trap Queen” is the Greatest Love Song of Our Generation | NOISEY

Here. Read it. (I only skimmed but I'm pretty sure its the one I read). Do I agree...nah. Do I like "Trap Queen"...sure it's catchy.... Do I get the point they're trying to make and the lens they're using to disect the song? Yes, as an adult I can understand and see it from their POV.... Trapping is a real lifestyle and reality for plenty of people

Does your 5 year old that sings along look at it like this... H--LL no.

Fetty Wap’s “Trap Queen” is the Greatest Love Song of Our Generation | NOISEY

Here. Read it. (I only skimmed but I'm pretty sure its the one I read). Do I agree...nah. Do I like "Trap Queen"...sure it's catchy.... Do I get the point they're trying to make and the lens they're using to disect the song? Yes, as an adult I can understand and see it from their POV.... Trapping is a real lifestyle and reality for plenty of people

Does your 5 year old that sings along look at it like this... H--LL no.
Super interesting... And very well written article I must say. I get where you were going.

Yessssssssssssssssssssss. Can't wait.

Hopefully they can get one of the Olsens to make even a short appearance this time!

Side note: I can't get over how great the actress who plays DJ looks. She had quite the awkward stage but now she's like MILF status. Get it.

DJ (Candace Cameron) is actually a HORRIBLE person and uses Ezzo and the Pearls' "training manuals" to beat her children a la the Duggars. We can save that for the Duggar thread but I can no longer look at her and not cringe. Not all that surprising when you think about her brother and how religious they actually are... but she actually blogged about recommending following those manuals for parenting.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread... I do plan on watching at least the first episode after I take my upcoming national board exam and have some time.

DJ (Candace Cameron) is actually a HORRIBLE person and uses Ezzo and the Pearls' "training manuals" to beat her children a la the Duggars. We can save that for the Duggar thread but I can no longer look at her and not cringe. Not all that surprising when you think about her brother and how religious they actually are... but she actually blogged about recommending following those manuals for parenting.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread... I do plan on watching at least the first episode after I take my upcoming national board exam and have some time.

Yes! All of this. I wasn't even going to bring that up but it's part of the reason I have a problem liking DJ Tanner... because of Candace Cameron.

She did well on DWTS...but then I remember her making a big deal about being conservative and what she would or wouldn't do on the show

But then there's an episode of Fuller House where she dances "sexily" with Kimmie which seemed out of character for her public irl persona. It's just weird to reconcile. Guess she's just really good at separating the two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all about how you perceive negative things that happen to you. You can either let them keep you down, or you can choose to look at them as blessings in disguise. Scars make us stronger.

Not that I actually care (about this whole thing and not necessarily your statement) but your statement confused me because it worked on an assumption that my parents divorce left me hardened and cynical (which i've never seen it as anything other than a "blessin'" and definitely not negative) and not more serious things (i.e. the murder of a friend) are what contributes to my "cynicism" and "hardened" nature (but again you weren't expected to know that) but that is why I read your statement like "eh.....none of that is a 'blessing in disguise'..."

Sorry for trying to write something positive. I was referring to life in general. Hope you have a great day! :):):):):)

I don't understand how someone can dislike this show so much but have no problem watching it & picking out everything they hate about it. I get not everyone is going to like every show but it seems like people are trying to justify why they should like or dislike this show. Maybe I'm too simple I watch a show and either I like it or I don't. I wouldn't go past one episode if I don't like something but that's me.
However since someone mentioned it. I love Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. New season comes out next month & I can't wait.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Our kids like watching the old Full House. So we gave it a try excited about a potential new show. There were definitely some cringe worthy moments first episode. We went ahead and watched episode 2 and figuring okay maybe this will get better and more family friendly. Nope didn't happen. So no go for the kids but for me I really have no plans to watch further. I loved Full House but this new one just does not work for me. If I am going to have to wade through that much cheese and schmaltz then it better be appropriate for my kids and Fuller House just doesn't fit that bill for our family. That said I LOVE Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (FOR ME NO KIDS THERE EITHER) smart and irreverent adult humor so binge watched it and looking forward to season 2 for about 6 months. I have no problem with adult tv but there has 100% definitely been marketing of Fuller House to family audiences on networks that are family focused and for me that is where the frustration lies. Our kids grow up fast enough these days... let them be kids and give more shows that an entire family can sit and watch without having to wait and see if your kid asks what the Karma Sutra is (yeah thanks Fuller House episode 1) - and yes my own fault for not prescreening before letting my kids see it like I usually do.

@ErinS Cynical Sister's Unite! (Super cheesy I know.) I completely agree---my 30 year old self can not watch this the same way I did as a child and there were more than a few portions that I'm not so sure I'd want either of my girls watching. They're 5 and 7 so target age audience, but just like Disney shows go a little too far in the bad mouthing/idiotic parent route (we also don't let them watch those shows) I think Fuller House went to the opposite extreme that I find to be no better. Frankly, everything can't be solved with a hug.
I remember Miley Cyrus, Kenan Thompson and another dude dissing Disney and talking about the negative impacts it has on kids, specifically about how it teaches kids to be rude to adults.

I was browsing TV channels one day and decided to see what was on Disney because I hadn't watched it in years. 'Austin and Ally' was on. I sat through the episode, and there was a part at which Ally is saying something to her friend, basically shouting it across the music store (called the Sonic Boom. Really? Of all the names they could have picked...). Well, there was an old lady browsing through CDs and she thought that Ally was talking to her, and she responded. Ally then looked the woman dead in the face and said, I kid you not, "I wasn't talking to you." In the rudest tone that could possibly come out of a child's mouth, complete with disrespectful body language and everything. I was shocked.

I remember Miley Cyrus, Kenan Thompson and another dude dissing Disney and talking about the negative impacts it has on kids, specifically about how it teaches kids to be rude to adults.

I was browsing TV channels one day and decided to see what was on Disney because I hadn't watched it in years. 'Austin and Ally' was on. I sat through the episode, and there was a part at which Ally is saying something to her friend, basically shouting it across the music store (called the Sonic Boom. Really? Of all the names they could have picked...). Well, there was an old lady browsing through CDs and she thought that Ally was talking to her, and she responded. Ally then looked the woman dead in the face and said, I kid you not, "I wasn't talking to you." In the rudest tone that could possibly come out of a child's mouth, complete with disrespectful body language and everything. I was shocked.

I think Disney is mostly okay in the cartoon type shows, but the second you hit the tween/teen stuff no way, no how.

Back