All-Star Songs For 2012-2013 Routines

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i pick... no songs that anyone has listed in this thread. :p

any "pop" songs or ones played on the radio that come out within a year of making your music will be so incredibly overplayed by april of next year. Your cool, new, "hip" song that no one has heard yet will be known by everyone by the time you compete in december.

I'm not saying only use old songs, but try to think out of the box, or limit the use of newer songs.

There was a team either last year or two years ago, can't remember, that had the most awesome hardcore out of the box mix - two songs I remember for sure were "Your Betrayal" - Bullet for My Valentine and "Fix Me" - Ten Years.

That's the kind of music I listen to in real life anyway and I would love to put that kind of stuff in cheer music, but I feel like my kids would HATE me!

Totally agree with you though. You can find something new and fresh now that hasn't made it on the radio yet, but chances are if it's by a somewhat popular artist, by April of next year everyone will want to claw their eyes out every time they hear it.

There was a team either last year or two years ago, can't remember, that had the most awesome hardcore out of the box mix - two songs I remember for sure were "Your Betrayal" - Bullet for My Valentine and "Fix Me" - Ten Years.

That's the kind of music I listen to in real life anyway and I would love to put that kind of stuff in cheer music, but I feel like my kids would HATE me!

Totally agree with you though. You can find something new and fresh now that hasn't made it on the radio yet, but chances are if it's by a somewhat popular artist, by April of next year everyone will want to claw their eyes out every time they hear it.

I had a friend in college and we loved to listen to pop punk/emo type stuff back then - The Starting Line, Something Corporate, etc. We always tried to get our coach to use it, but it always got vetoed for whatever pop or hip hop song was popular then. Now she has her own gym and she puts the music we always wanted in her routines. It's great.

Here's my current list for this thread. It's sure to change by the end of summer though when some of these get overplayed on the top 40 radio. Enjoy

I'm on a roll - Stephano Langone
Can't Stop - Afrojack
Goin' In - Jennifer Lopez
Only One- Sammy Adams
Set it Off - Timomatic
Primmadonna - Marina and the Diamonds
Lessons in Love - Neon Trees
Young - Tulisa (pyramid?)
Heart Skips a Beat - Olly Murs (chorus could be good for stunts)
So Listen - Cody Simpson
Rock the Boat - Bob Sinclar
Light it up - Stan Walker
Whiplash - Selena Gomez (jumps section?)
Let's go - Calvin Harris ft. Ne-yo
Rockstar - Hyper Crush

For youth/mini:
Jumpstart - These kids wear crowns

**Used by EVERYONE last season**
FTFY.

I need this thread. I am the worst at coming up with music...and I am scared of the responses I would get from my youth team if I were to ask them what they would like!
You know our kids. You're likely going to get Nicki Minaj. Ugh.

Would love for OA Angels small all girl to use Wondergirl by Orange Avenue!! And for OA Nationals IoC5 to use Just Refrain by the same band in some sort of partner stunt section!!

we are young - fun
take care - drake
turn up the music - chris brown (pretty sure i heard this one in quite a few this year)
undefeated - jason derulo
titanium - sia (a few teams used it this season, but i could see it almost turning into what stronger did)
where have you been - rihanna
all night long - demi lovato

i have to say, i would've like to hear til the world ends by britney spears in some more mixes this year since the world is supposed to end this year and all...

can we get some florence + the machine? please? amazing music plus they're not a very well known group on the popular radio stations so it would be unique. dog days are over would be amazing for something haha.
Yes!! I really wish someone would use some more of their music! My current one that I'm obsessed with and have on repeat is Breath Of Life from the new movie Snow White and The Huntsman... Love it! It would make a good running tumbling song or maybe even a partner stunt! :)

Back