All-Star Special Treatment From Ep's & Vendors

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@cupieqt and @5-6-7-8 I know it's the EP's that don't let these things happen for some reason or another. I WISH, WISH, WISH that voting would be made public so I could NOT attend events where EP's slowed the positive process.

How DARE YOU want EP's to actually be on the public record and accountable for how they are voting?:chestbump:

@cupieqt and @5-6-7-8 I know it's the EP's that don't let these things happen for some reason or another. I WISH, WISH, WISH that voting would be made public so I could NOT attend events where EP's slowed the positive process.

And dare I say that there may be a perception that some of the gyms with the financial power to help initiate a change from the EPs may be reaping benefits from the status quo?

And here we thought Federalist #10 was about government. The tyranny of the majority (EPs and a few large gyms that may see benefit to the status quo) is still the tyranny of the majority.

And here we thought Federalist #10 was about government. The tyranny of the majority (EPs and a few large gyms that may see benefit to the status quo) is still the tyranny of the majority.

Coming from a large gym I can tell you that stereotype is generally just a stereotype.

Exact breakdown vs easy consistent budgeting

Do you want to know that you are paying-
1200 tuition(100 a month)
700 comp fees
750/# of kids on team for music
2000/# of kids on team for choreography
15x3 for shirts
75 for shoes
20 for a bow
300 for a uniform
100 warm up
300/# of kids on team x number travel comps for coaches travel

And following that methodology of paying for each thing as it's due you'll have some months that are nearing 600+ while others are only 100
Vs
Paying a flat $220 a month

Now if you want to add leather or a roof rack we have various classes that you can add on to your base allstar inclusive monthly fee

I actually prefer it this way. I think having a flat monthly rate is a wonderful Idea but I also want to know why my rate is $X amount. So at the end of the season when I multiple my monthly flat rate it should equal up to the itemized list amount. We as all-star cheer parents know we are spending a lot of money. Cheer is an investment and like any good investment I want to see where my money is going.

2. - Instead of having a coaches/owners lounge use that space for a secure, clean changing area for cheerleaders. I would prefer that each program get their own area but I know that isn't feasible.
We get this request a lot at the venue I work at. Contact your EP and ask if they can have the venue put up some pipe and drape for the girls to change behind. You can essentially create 10 safe quick change rooms for the girls in a hallway, stick a security volunteer there and problem solved.

As for judging... I am all for independent judging to come into an event. The EP doesn't need to know who the judges will be as long as however many show up as are necessary.

The EPs view good and fair judging as a way to separate themselves from the other Eps and increase business. So it's not really in their best interest to lose a business advantage. This one has to be gym driven.

For those of us ignorant to the behind the scenes details - can someone please explain who the judges are and how they are chosen?

I actually prefer it this way. I think having a flat monthly rate is a wonderful Idea but I also want to know why my rate is $X amount. So at the end of the season when I multiple my monthly flat rate it should equal up to the itemized list amount. We as all-star cheer parents know we are spending a lot of money. Cheer is an investment and like any good investment I want to see where my money is going.

We simply have different perspectives on what the monthly tuition check represents.

While you are at it, go ahead and get the discussion going about who should end up with prize money a team or program wins. I am going to guess that our opinions differ on that as well.

Since the car analogy failed, let's go with a restaurant.

When you get a meal from a restaurant do you get a breakdown of how much the meat cost, how much the seasoning cost, the staff costs for unloading the delivery truck and cooking it. You just know that it costs 18.99 and you aren't concerned about what kind of markup or profit that the owner. You just know that it tastes good and you are willing to pay the 18.99 for it.

If you use a cleaning service for your house, do you ask them how much of their cost is supplies and how much is profit?

Why is it any different for allstar cheer?

If you send your kid to camp do want a breakdown of how much the food cost and how much the arts and crafts supplies are you just know that it's 500 a week

It is a whole product, you can't just get part of it. You have to get the entire thing, you can't just get the uniform or just the competitions or decide that you want everything but the bow.

You aren't buying the ingredients of the soup you are buying the soup

While you are at it, go ahead and get the discussion going about who should end up with prize money a team or program wins. I am going to guess that our opinions differ on that as well.

Oh, now that is something I would like to know the answer to but have been afraid to ask. I would like to think that the individual coach gets the lion's share, but again that is none of my business.

Since the car analogy failed, let's go with a restaurant.

When you get a meal from a restaurant do you get a breakdown of how much the meat cost, how much the seasoning cost, the staff costs for unloading the delivery truck and cooking it. You just know that it costs 18.99 and you aren't concerned about what kind of markup or profit that the owner. You just know that it tastes good and you are willing to pay the 18.99 for it.

If you use a cleaning service for your house, do you ask them how much of their cost is supplies and how much is profit?

Why is it any different for allstar cheer?

If you send your kid to camp do want a breakdown of how much the food cost and how much the arts and crafts supplies are you just know that it's 500 a week

It is a whole product, you can't just get part of it. You have to get the entire thing, you can't just get the uniform or just the competitions or decide that you want everything but the bow.

You aren't buying the ingredients of the soup you are buying the soup

AND, I do not care if the restaurant owner drives a Rolls Royce or a Kia. Not to take this discussion into a ditch, but I'm always appalled when parents make negative comments about the gym owner's Hummer or how nice his house is. Seriously? So, because the business deals with children it should be run like a charity. Yeah, he drives a nicer car that I do and has a nicer house than I do and I helped pay for it. He has those things because he's good at what he does. My children are at his gym because he's good at what he does. Hum?

We simply have different perspectives on what the monthly tuition check represents.

Well since you asked. I feel the prize money should be reinvested back into the program. How it is reinvested into the program is up to the owner because they know where that money is needed. I don't believe that prize money should be divided and given to the parents. We don't pay for prize money we pay for our children to get quality cheer instruction and for them to compete in order to hone those skills.

I look at the fiasco of last weekend and ask how it could have been prevented? True or not the environment allowed the perception to arrive. The judging body has to be independent and people need to start asking for it.

I think the issue is more about standardization of rules and scoring rubrics, so the USASF or some other governing body can train judges in a consistent manner. Enforce a standard scoring rubric and require transparency in scoring, and I think a lot of the concerns go away because an EP's special scoring "system" isn't a competitive advantage anymore. The challenge is to get EP's to actually do that.

I think the issue is more about standardization of rules and scoring rubrics, so the USASF or some other governing body can train judges in a consistent manner. Enforce a standard scoring rubric and require transparency in scoring, and I think a lot of the concerns go away because an EP's special scoring "system" isn't a competitive advantage anymore. The challenge is to get EP's to actually do that.

But then how well each time the scoring system is executed would still be up to the EP. It would produce better results, but come right back to 'did they score them better cause they brought more teams'.

Back