All-Star Spirit Fest Nationals (3/23 - 3/24/13)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm so glad we aren't going to this one this year. UGH...safe travels all!

People need to stop writing nasty things on Spirit Fest Nationals face book & parents need to stop calling them! They can't really make a decision until they see how things go. I am sure they are going to do everything they can to salvage this comp. while also keeping everyone safe.

What annoyed me today was their post about summit bids, but then no further acknowledgement of the weather. It's clear they don't actually manage their own page, but then why bother in the first place?

I know that they probably should cancel or make it a one day, but I really, really don't want them to. Now that I've made all these arrangements to go tomorrow morning/afternoon.

Can the convention center really not open if it's a state of emergency?

apparently varsity people are having a meeting right now to decide what to do
They really should reschedule. It isn't fair to make gym owners/families compare lost money on comp fees, travel, etc. to the safety of the families in deciding whethre to go. I'm bummed we aren't going, but feel relieved about the safety of our athletes and their families.

They really should reschedule. It isn't fair to make gym owners/families compare lost money on comp fees, travel, etc. to the safety of the families in deciding whethre to go. I'm bummed we aren't going, but feel relieved about the safety of our athletes and their families.
i think it would be best to make it a one day competition on sunday.
it would be so hard to reschedule cause i'm sure the venue is booked and theres so many big competitions coming up that i'm sure they wouldn't want to interfere with. i think rescheduling would be the hardest thing to do.

It was just on the Connecticut news about the competition.
They interviewed Robin. She just said we're used to handing these kind of situations and doing everything they can to accomodate people & also keep them safe.

i think it would be best to make it a one day competition on sunday.
it would be so hard to reschedule cause i'm sure the venue is booked and theres so many big competitions coming up that i'm sure they wouldn't want to interfere with. i think rescheduling would be the hardest thing to do.

That's probably the best option but they'd have to squeeze all those level 5/6 teams into the schedule twice, which could be tough, especially considering how hard it was for them to make the schedule the first time around.

That's probably the best option but they'd have to squeeze all those level 5/6 teams into the schedule twice, which could be tough, especially considering how hard it was for them to make the schedule the first time around.
true!!
i was thinking maybe they could do what someone else said and level 5/6 will have to compete saturday night. although it will suck for a lot of people, it should be clear by then if it started at like 6

Back