All-Star Spirit Of Hope 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know that, I was just asking if anyone knows why they changed from medium to large

I saw a girl on the team who wrote on instagram. She said they competed lrg so both mediums wouldn't go up against each other, and that they don't know yet if they'll stay lrg for the rest of the season.

SOH is more than a comp. It actually helps fund a foundation that helps families with severely ill children. It's named after a girl who had bone cancer and passed away. Her wish for the make a wish foundation was for all the other kids on the list to get their wishes. She passed away at 12 I think. She would have been 25 this year. Her family started a foundation to help other families facing difficulties including financial problems due to their kids having catastrophic health problems. So the SOH comp is a big deal to CEA. Close to their heart.
This year is only the 2nd or 3rd time they've (Kville) competed in the last 10+ years. I know a former GAC mom who loved to talk about how CEA was "banned" from SOH.

I saw a girl on the team who wrote on instagram. She said they competed lrg so both mediums wouldn't go up against each other, and that they don't know yet if they'll stay lrg for the rest of the season.
Well if they want to keep their bid, they'll have to stay large right? And they would be competing against SE in large senior not to mention the 3 or 4 CEA small coeds that compete against each other so that explanation doesn't make much sense. I totally understand that once your gym gets so big, you'll have no choice but to compete against yourself at some point but they knew that when they made teams in the summer.

( I know you're just repeating what you saw and don't want you to feel like I was jumping on you haha I'm just curious is all)

SOH is more than a comp. It actually helps fund a foundation that helps families with severely ill children. It's named after a girl who had bone cancer and passed away. Her wish for the make a wish foundation was for all the other kids on the list to get their wishes. She passed away at 12 I think. She would have been 25 this year. Her family started a foundation to help other families facing difficulties including financial problems due to their kids having catastrophic health problems. So the SOH comp is a big deal to CEA. Close to their heart.

there was definetly a number of years the big CEA teams did not attened... I would say it is "close to their heart" for all teams who have been going to SOH since it began and just recently!

Yep and I'm 99% sure CA Cheetahs and Panthers are competing today and tomorrow as well, though they had a full day between. I could just never do that to my athletes (or myself lol) if I were a coach, too much stress with the travel and then competing tired can be dangerous.
I believe SOT Royalty did the same thing. At least five of those Majors teams traveled and competed at a bid competition the same weekend. It's actually not that unusual for Majors teams at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back