All-Star Spirit Of Hope 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Where is your hotel? There are several Park and Ride locations, all south of the stadium and convention center. Any stop marked with a P has a parking lot
http://charmeck.org/city/charlotte/cats/lynx/lynx-blue-line/lynx-stations/Pages/default.aspx

If you click on the stations on the side you can get the address. If anyone wants to tell me their hotel I can give you the closest station!

If anyone needs to you can park on the street at my apartment. About a three block walk to the East/West Blvd station and a mile from the stadium, but still out of game traffic. And free!

Thank you!! We are staying at the Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, but driving in on Saturday morning to the comp since CP doesn't compete until mid-day. So, we are thinking there won't be any parking at the convention center?

Thank you!! We are staying at the Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, but driving in on Saturday morning to the comp since CP doesn't compete until mid-day. So, we are thinking there won't be any parking at the convention center?
Saturday will most likely be fine. Sunday I have a feeling those lots will be taken by tailgaters. The Convention Center is only about three blocks from Bank of America Stadium. And even if they have those lots open, traffic is going to cause lots of delays. There might be some lots and garages a little further north into Uptown and further from the stadium if you're willing to walk a few blocks.

The main flow of traffic will also depend on the kickoff time Sunday, which they haven't announced yet. A 1 p.m. or 4 p.m. game will probably cause a little more issues than an night game. I'll listen out and update you guys when they pick a time!

I would strongly consider the lightrail if you're anywhere south of the Convention Center. The closest station to you would either be Woodlawn or Scaleybark, each with over 300 spots to park and ride. (You could actually get to either without ever getting on the interstate.) Lightrail tickets are about $2 per person, and the ride would take probably 6 minutes once you're on the train. It's a straight line, right to the 3rd Street/Convention Center stop. No transferring or anything, so it's incredibly easy. If it's close to game time it will be packed in there too, but it beats missing your meet time because of traffic!

Saturday will most likely be fine. Sunday I have a feeling those lots will be taken by tailgaters. The Convention Center is only about three blocks from Bank of America Stadium. And even if they have those lots open, traffic is going to cause lots of delays. There might be some lots and garages a little further north into Uptown and further from the stadium if you're willing to walk a few blocks.

The main flow of traffic will also depend on the kickoff time Sunday, which they haven't announced yet. A 1 p.m. or 4 p.m. game will probably cause a little more issues than an night game. I'll listen out and update you guys when they pick a time!

I would strongly consider the lightrail if you're anywhere south of the Convention Center. The closest station to you would either be Woodlawn or Scaleybark, each with over 300 spots to park and ride. (You could actually get to either without ever getting on the interstate.) Lightrail tickets are about $2 per person, and the ride would take probably 6 minutes once you're on the train. It's a straight line, right to the 3rd Street/Convention Center stop. No transferring or anything, so it's incredibly easy. If it's close to game time it will be packed in there too, but it beats missing your meet time because of traffic!

Thanks! This is very helpful! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One quick question. On Sunday, are there awards throughout the day? Im assuming so, but I can't find anything online. Trying to prep for the trip home. Wondering if it will be a late night drive. I have to work on Monday. CP performs around noon.

One quick question. On Sunday, are there awards throughout the day? Im assuming so, but I can't find anything online. Trying to prep for the trip home. Wondering if it will be a late night drive. I have to work on Monday. CP performs around noon.

Yes, a good number of ceremonies! All held in a separate ballroom.

Any advice on how we should handle traveling from Le Meridien on Sunday? Looks like it's about a mile to walk there and I don't forsee that being an acceptable plan to Droplet. Doesn't sound like the light rail is close to the hotel either.

Any advice on how we should handle traveling from Le Meridien on Sunday? Looks like it's about a mile to walk there and I don't forsee that being an acceptable plan to Droplet. Doesn't sound like the light rail is close to the hotel either.
We are there too and plan to walk. Weather permitting. If not, then uber or taxi. Seems silly for .7 of a mile but worth it not to have to move my car from hotel parking.

That's actually a pretty easy walk but Ubers are plentiful here so that would be my backup plan in case of weather.

Just read something on Facebook about the top 50 restaurants in Charlotte and one of them was in the Meridian. ;)

Last edited:
Back