All-Star Sportaccord Council Gives International Cheer Union Positive Recommendation

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The final result on Sunday, the ten best in each division, is by far the best way to display it. However, as the venue cannot support this setup properly without consequences, either the setup needs to change or the venue. The current solution is to have finals on Monday, when most people will have gone home already.

If the teams book airfare/travel arrangements before KNOWING if they've made finals or not, won't everyone just be scheduled to return home on Tuesday anyway? Not sure putting finals on Monday is really going to solve anything. Anyone attending JUST to watch is GOING to stay for finals as well

The Monday change is a result of ICU, regardless of USASF the change was going to happen.

So no matter what the venue has only 2 prime operating days now, saturday and sunday, with a trailing monday. Seems like the competition should have a prelims and finals that takes place over two days.

If the teams book airfare/travel arrangements before KNOWING if they've made finals or not, won't everyone just be scheduled to return home on Tuesday anyway? Not sure putting finals on Monday is really going to solve anything. Anyone attending JUST to watch is GOING to stay for finals as well

not necessarily. if your team is going for the experience then you will probably not plan on making it to finals monday. as well the added days of missing school could be detrimental for some people.

not necessarily. if your team is going for the experience then you will probably not plan on making it to finals monday. as well the added days of missing school could be detrimental for some people.

IDK...I don't think ANY team is going to book flights not knowing for sure because ANYTHING could happen. And as far as missing school...when finals were on Sunday we arrived on Thursday, thus missing 3 days of school. Now that they are on Monday, we will arrive on Friday and depart on Tuesday, missing the same amount of school.

IDK...I don't think ANY team is going to book flights not knowing for sure because ANYTHING could happen. And as far as missing school...when finals were on Sunday we arrived on Thursday, thus missing 3 days of school. Now that they are on Monday, we will arrive on Friday and depart on Tuesday, missing the same amount of school.
Unless you can drive to the venue :p I assume most will do this.

Unless you were an at large bid in Small Small or Small Girl everyone else didnt compete until Saturday (excluding international teams because most of them are legal adults.. or will be in future years).

There are, I am guessing, 80 teams that competed Friday but didn't compete saturday. How many of them have a legit chance of making Final Monday? (I sure did just monday a name).

Unless you were an at large bid in Small Small or Small Girl everyone else didnt compete until Saturday (excluding international teams because most of them are legal adults.. or will be in future years).

There are, I am guessing, 80 teams that competed Friday but didn't compete saturday. How many of them have a legit chance of making Final Monday? (I sure did just monday a name).

lol -- I don't know about other gyms but Orson makes our teams arrive on Thursday regardless. I guess I just assumed most of all teams came on Thursday as well.

lol -- I don't know about other gyms but Orson makes our teams arrive on Thursday regardless. I guess I just assumed most of all teams came on Thursday as well.

your gym also has a strong chance of making finals and even winning. i think the way Rays and T&S run and think about Worlds is different than how most would.

your gym also has a strong chance of making finals and even winning. i think the way Rays and T&S run and think about Worlds is different than how most would.

I just can't imagine most teams planning on arriving just one day prior to the event because what happens if you have a flight canceled or have an accident on the way? It would make for a very stressful semi-finals, praying that everyone makes it there with no issues...

I just can't imagine most teams planning on arriving just one day prior to the event because what happens if you have a flight canceled or have an accident on the way? It would make for a very stressful semi-finals, praying that everyone makes it there with no issues...

I agree. But from coaching an open team to coaching a high school team you plan things way different on your situation. In an ideal world everyone would arrive with an extra day just in case. But not everyone can take off that much school. They view worlds as an experience trip, not a competitive trip. It is a completely different concept than how I have approached it myself.

I agree. But from coaching an open team to coaching a high school team you plan things way different on your situation. In an ideal world everyone would arrive with an extra day just in case. But not everyone can take off that much school. They view worlds as an experience trip, not a competitive trip. It is a completely different concept than how I have approached it myself.

I suppose...however, I think that's CRAZY! lol Maybe for gyms that are within a 6-8 hour driving distance. But anything more than that or for anyone flying...arriving one day before semi-finals just seems plain stupid. JMO of course for those of you reading that DO this! haha

So do we think the new cheer will be on or off a spring floor? If NOT on a spring floor wouldn't it make sense for all allstar to go without spring floor to prepare for the olympics?

If ON a spring floor would be the argument to not have all cheerleading on a spring floor? Would this force hand to finally having everything else standardized?

So do we think the new cheer will be on or off a spring floor? If NOT on a spring floor wouldn't it make sense for all allstar to go without spring floor to prepare for the olympics?

If ON a spring floor would be the argument to not have all cheerleading on a spring floor? Would this force hand to finally having everything else standardized?
I vote all SPRING FLOOR! High schools, All-Stars, Rec leagues, and... wait for it, wait for it...COLLEGE!

This year has been my oldest daughter's first year in school cheer. She HATES it. Not the sideline part, not the hours upon hours of practices...but tumbling on the HARD FLOOR!! She has already said there is NO way she's cheering for her school next year. Very said considering she really loves it. But the hard floor is just tearing her up. 2 hours of practice on the hard floor wears her out more than 5 straight hours of practice on the spring floor. If all star cheer moves to hard floor, this will be one family that moves a different direction... :(

She has even indicated that she no longer has an interest in cheering in college either because it's hard floor. Very, very sad day for this momma. :'(

Back