All-Star Sportaccord Council Gives International Cheer Union Positive Recommendation

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This year has been my oldest daughter's first year in school cheer. She HATES it. Not the sideline part, not the hours upon hours of practices...but tumbling on the HARD FLOOR!! She has already said there is NO way she's cheering for her school next year. Very said considering she really loves it. But the hard floor is just tearing her up. 2 hours of practice on the hard floor wears her out more than 5 straight hours of practice on the spring floor. If all star cheer moves to hard floor, this will be one family that moves a different direction... :(

She has even indicated that she no longer has an interest in cheering in college either because it's hard floor. Very, very sad day for this momma. :'(
It is so hard to go from spring floor to hard floor. Hard floor can be tumbled on safely but it's a completely different training. Without the correct coach that safely knows the difference it can definitely tear you up. I am completely against hard floors. Spring floor is just all around so much safer. I could see hard floors hurting more than helping the growth for sure!

It is so hard to go from spring floor to hard floor. Hard floor can be tumbled on safely but it's a completely different training. Without the correct coach that safely knows the difference it can definitely tear you up. I am completely against hard floors. Spring floor is just all around so much safer. I could see hard floors hurting more than helping the growth for sure!

Right! She has known nothing other than spring floor her entire cheer career which is in it's 9th year. Other than jumps to back she has never had to tumble on anything but spring. So going to the hard floor really jolted her body/joints more than she expected. To be honest, I didn't expect her to have this much trouble with it. She has an arabian to double and 2 to double mastered on the spring floor but can't throw a 2 to full (safely) to save her life on the hard floor. It's beyond weird to me. I definitely can't see removing the spring floor from this sport HELPING at all. I know my CP would rather throw arabian to dub and 2 to dub 100 times on the spring floor before throwing even one 2 to full on the hard floor. NO THANK YOU!!

Worlds would have to change their dates bc NO arena is gonna give up those dates bc they are during NBA playoffs (not that the Magic have are any good) lol

Not necessarily, other venues have concerts and other events scheduled during playoffs. And some have two sports play on the same day. It would add to the logistics but it could be done.

Not necessarily, other venues have concerts and other events scheduled during playoffs. And some have two sports play on the same day. It would add to the logistics but it could be done.
Concerts don't take near the time an event like Worlds does, yes it COULD be done, highly unlikely.

Here is an interesting article posted this last year discussing the subject:

Pro Women Pro Sport Pro Acrobatics and Tumbling: December 2011

I'm sure they are old news to you veterans of the board, but the Penn & Teller series "Bulls**t " did a well researched episode on cheerleading. I can't post the link from my phone but just Google "Penn & Teller Cheerleading" and you can find it. It gives some background information for the content of this article. They are not, however, for virgin ears, P&T can be quite vulgar sometimes.

Back