All-Star Sportsmanship At Cheersport

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The Rah All Stars... i don't know where they are from but they are the most terrible people ever! we have a junior coed 3 team and so after they went, another coach and i stayed back to watch the rest of the division. Rah went on and hit there routine day 2. day 1 they got called for a safety violation which had them in 3rd my gyms junior coed in 2nd, and Stingrays in 1st. they went that night and Challenged the Safety violation and got they points back which pushed them to first. day 2 they went after rays and sat on the side of the stage and waited for rays to mess up. as soon and rays dropped that stunt all of the Rah parents and coaches and kids went crazy. i could not believe what i was seeing. like who does that. saying " YESSSS BABY YOUR GOING TO GET A JACKET NOW" to their kid. I was very poor of them.
there from some where in tennessee i think in the northern part

The Rah All Stars... i don't know where they are from but they are the most terrible people ever! we have a junior coed 3 team and so after they went, another coach and i stayed back to watch the rest of the division. Rah went on and hit there routine day 2. day 1 they got called for a safety violation which had them in 3rd my gyms junior coed in 2nd, and Stingrays in 1st. they went that night and Challenged the Safety violation and got they points back which pushed them to first. day 2 they went after rays and sat on the side of the stage and waited for rays to mess up. as soon and rays dropped that stunt all of the Rah parents and coaches and kids went crazy. i could not believe what i was seeing. like who does that. saying " YESSSS BABY YOUR GOING TO GET A JACKET NOW" to their kid. I was very poor of them.

I came across some of the twitter accounts of RAH athletes after a competition where they competed against GA ... WOW ... That's all I can say about that.

That is almost as bad as someone calling out junior athletes by name on a public message board.

...I didn't appreciate having my wallet stolen out of the coaches room. My bad I walked away and left it accidentally....but it surely wouldn't have been an impossible task to just leave it alone...because I did remember it and I did come back for it....an I really appreciated the lady that dug thru the trash to look for it jic...

But anyway...if the person that stole it reads this...please enjoy the $25....you can get like a 1/4 a tank of gas with it!!! And I'm sorry I wasn't stupid enough to have a credit card or debit card in there...;)

But back on topic.... I cant remember if it was NC Force I5 or Ultimate Cheer and Dance I5....but it was really nice of them to stand on the side of the stage and go crazy (with me) as our Youth 1 perform and a few of them came over and said how good they thought they were.

It really meant a lot to our coaches and our girls

My CP is in the Small Senior Restricted 5 div. We were first after Day 1 by 5 points, Day 2 we had some issues and ended up losing by two tenths of a point. Our girls met some really nice ACE kids and so they stood for them when they were called. When we got 2nd place the entire ACE squad stood and clapped for them. Our girls just thought that was great!! Thank you ACE you made our day :)

If one simply steps back and looks at the big picture, what is the point of poor sportsmanship. While I admit there are some gyms that seem to just want to give off the bad-a__ image and seem to corporately encourage that attitude, (why, I will never know) they are exceedingly few and far between. The more common problem is a few athletes and a few parents and an occasional coach that through their individual actions can seriously harm a good gym's reputation. Regrettably, it takes only one or two bad apples to leave a very bad impression of the whole group - not fair, but reality. Everyone wants to win and it is human nature I suppose to look at the "threats" to that win as the bad guys standing between you and that jacket. But it is so much more enjoyable to treat all the other people there as fellow sufferers of the same ailment - cheer obsession. None of us would be there without it. Who else practices (or pays for or drives
Heaven only knows how many hours over the course of a season) for a whopping 35 minutes TOTAL of actual performance time. (this presumes an average of seven 2 day comps a season). I've been on both sides: A. Fuming about a loss and munching on a whole lot of sour grapes, which do nothing but leave a long and unpleasant taste in the mouth and B. Sucking it up and realizing today was not our day and gym X beat us and searching for members of that gym to congratulate them. Option B makes me feel a whole lot better about myself and it is very nice to see the looks of surprise on the other gym's member's faces and their genuine pleasure at being congratulated by an opposing gym. [in the spirit of full disclosure, option A is probably my default, but I'm trying to go with more B ;)]. Okay, sorry for the rambling Pollyanna moment, but I loved how this thread started and the example of poor sportsmanship just made me sad.

I absolutely loved how all the teams stood up and clapped for the first place team at the awards ceremony. This was my first cheersport and I must say I have never seen that before. Truly amazing. Being from a small program at cheersport for the first time it was really great to have coaches from other programs come to me and my kids during warm ups to tell them how good they thought they looked and how talented they were it made them feel a lot less intimidated we went to nca last year and it was terrifying! The atmosphere here was much more open and friendly. I would definitely go back

Back