All-Star Sportsmanship At Cheersport

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Indiana Elite and my team cheered each other on all weekend. We even made a bridge/gate thingy for them when they ran off stage after they competed. :3 It was great getting to make friends with a team that we'd never seen before! :D :D :D

On another note, while we were at awards there were 2 teams. (NOT ONE.. TWO!!) That I heard say this competition was a "f-ing waste of their time" (except they actually said it) I didnt know the first gym, but I was VERY surprised by the second gyms kids. And it was like.. a youth aged girl!!! Guess they didnt like their placements so well... :/

Overall there was great sportsmanship everywhere. From mom's coming up to me adoring our 'Cowboy up' shirt to mom's wanting to help me with my bag that I was rolling around. Kids always love hearing the 'great job', etc. The good lucks to each other is awesome! We loved that the UK cheerleaders took time to take pics with kids including my youngest. At awards our Y3 TX girls took pics with the Rays girls. I know the Mini 2's TX/Rays kids exchanged little gifts which was really sweet!! Kindness can be found everywhere and it's those moments that really matter.

Other than two girls i encountered from Cheer Athletics everyone was phenomenally nice. It was my first time seeing large teams like this in the flesh. One boy from Wildcats came up to me and commented on how good my jumps were...everyone on Wildcats who i spoke to were so welcoming. Stingrays' hospitality blew me away. Victoria on senior 3 gets a special shutout. And Fame....I can't even describe how nice they were. By far some of the nicest people of the weekend.

Special Needs is by far my favorite division, hands down! & I think everyone at CHEERSPORT would agree with me, which makes me so happy! Even after all the drama and "cattiness" of the sport, all the support for special needs teams shows that together we all really are one big community, IMO.

My CP is in the Small Senior Restricted 5 div. We were first after Day 1 by 5 points, Day 2 we had some issues and ended up losing by two tenths of a point. Our girls met some really nice ACE kids and so they stood for them when they were called. When we got 2nd place the entire ACE squad stood and clapped for them. Our girls just thought that was great!! Thank you ACE you made our day :)
Thanks for posting this... I love hearing that!

Other than two girls i encountered from Cheer Athletics everyone was phenomenally nice. It was my first time seeing large teams like this in the flesh. One boy from Wildcats came up to me and commented on how good my jumps were...everyone on Wildcats who i spoke to were so welcoming. Stingrays' hospitality blew me away. Victoria on senior 3 gets a special shutout. And Fame....I can't even describe how nice they were. By far some of the nicest people of the weekend.
I think that was me! <3

Yep our mini large 2 girls sent the coconuts from stingrays a package b4 CHEERSPORT and at CHEERSPORT they were so sweet and gave our girls bows :)

I will have to say BlueCat your gym may quite possibly be the ultimate class act. Watching the sportsmanship between your senior 4 and our's as well as wildcats and legends was awesome!

My two highlights from the weekend were:

The person who leaned over and told my 4.2 team good job when they actually celebrated getting 5th place. The team has been through a lot an doesn't have an abundance of difficulty in their routine. Their goal was to make top five, so when they called their name you would have thought they won the whole thing. I don't know the program the person was from but to whoever you were thank you, it meant the world to my kids.

My senior 3 had a ROUGH weekend. The pressure of the a competition of this magnitude really got the better of them. After day one they were in 13th with not much hope of moving up. They asked me who was in first. when I told them Keystone they chose to cheer them on while on their last mat in warmups. This wash't meant as a brag on my team. Just made me really happy to see them supporting others even when they were down on themselves over a bad performance.

Overall this was one of the lowest placing years I have had at this event, but yet I still feel it was the most successful. My teams took every learning experience to heart. I know sportsmanship is alway big at CheerSport, but this year truly was an exceptional one.

I will have to say BlueCat your gym may quite possibly be the ultimate class act. Watching the sportsmanship between your senior 4 and our's as well as wildcats and legends was awesome!

My two highlights from the weekend were:

The person who leaned over and told my 4.2 team good job when they actually celebrated getting 5th place. The team has been through a lot an doesn't have an abundance of difficulty in their routine. Their goal was to make top five, so when they called their name you would have thought they won the whole thing. I don't know the program the person was from but to whoever you were thank you, it meant the world to my kids.

My senior 3 had a ROUGH weekend. The pressure of the a competition of this magnitude really got the better of them. After day one they were in 13th with not much hope of moving up. They asked me who was in first. when I told them Keystone they chose to cheer them on while on their last mat in warmups. This wash't meant as a brag on my team. Just made me really happy to see them supporting others even when they were down on themselves over a bad performance.

Overall this was one of the lowest placing years I have had at this event, but yet I still feel it was the most successful. My teams took every learning experience to heart. I know sportsmanship is alway big at CheerSport, but this year truly was an exceptional one.

Thank you! Only being our second time at Cheersport we were so excited to be at the top. But more importantly, it is times like this when the true gift of all star cheer is demonstrated. Thank you so much for your sportsmanship this weekend and good luck with the rest of your season:) next time introduce yourself... Love meeting people who believe in great sportsmanship and setting fantastic goals for their teams!!!!

i agree, everyone was extremely friendly. i love the ATL!

from when cp's team left our room to go to warm ups - the girls in the hallway all stopped what they were doing and said good luck.

when we left our bags at our seats to watch cp's team another mom said she would keep an eye on them for us.

when cp wasn't feeling well and some older girls moved off of the benches so she could lay down.

when she started feeling better, then suddenly saying "mommy i think i need to throw up" and me standing to pick her up but not making it in time. when i was finally able to take her to the bathroom we walked by a group of ICE girls whom i apologized for having to witness the fun. they were very understanding (one girl was eating so i felt REALLY bad lol) and asked her if it was nerves but told her they hoped she'd feel better.

when i took her into the bathroom to clean her off, all of the moms and girls in there were helpful handing me paper towels, etc. and everyone understanding when round two came and i had to jump in the front of the long line to get her into the stall :)

although's cp's team didn't do well at the comp, i am glad we went and although expensive with the traveling and hotels i think it's my favorite so far!

i agree, everyone was extremely friendly. i love the ATL!

from when cp's team left our room to go to warm ups - the girls in the hallway all stopped what they were doing and said good luck.

when we left our bags at our seats to watch cp's team another mom said she would keep an eye on them for us.

when cp wasn't feeling well and some older girls moved off of the benches so she could lay down.

when she started feeling better, then suddenly saying "mommy i think i need to throw up" and me standing to pick her up but not making it in time. when i was finally able to take her to the bathroom we walked by a group of ICE girls whom i apologized for having to witness the fun. they were very understanding (one girl was eating so i felt REALLY bad lol) and asked her if it was nerves but told her they hoped she'd feel better.

when i took her into the bathroom to clean her off, all of the moms and girls in there were helpful handing me paper towels, etc. and everyone understanding when round two came and i had to jump in the front of the long line to get her into the stall :)

although's cp's team didn't do well at the comp, i am glad we went and although expensive with the traveling and hotels i think it's my favorite so far!
Your poor CP...I have been at a competition sick before and it is no fun. There was two of us on a team with the stomach bug at a competition and lets just say our coaches carried around a bucket throughout warm ups. I hope she is feeling well now!

Back