All-Star Sportsmanship

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well the photo I have , I see stars walking up for their award with cea girls laying on floor in front , not great shot that way. Whatever. It does not matter , its new year now.

I see no Shooting Stars girls stepping over Senior Elite girls. And I saw maybe three bodies on the floor. The rest were hugging.

Well the photo I have , I see stars walking up for their award with cea girls laying on floor in front , not great shot that way. Whatever. It does not matter , its new year now.

Not true i'm afraid. Unless your on either of Senior Elite or WCSS, I don't think any of us can comment.

Let's see the pic! The videos on here NOT showing this scenario, but you have a pic, so lets see it!

Spinn it, justify it, rationalize it any which way one prefers. We as ADULTS/PARENTS want to complain about poor sportsmanship, then we as ADULTS/PARENTS need to lead by example.... Not sit here and give excuses. I have seen more adults than kids act poorly. As others have stated SS and SE girls DO have friendships - they congratulated one another, hung out with one another, traded shirts with one another and they continue to talk to each other via text, facebook, formspring, oovo and I am sure they hope to continue it into the new season and many seasons to come.

Congrats all GOLD winners on their wins... It has been a GREAT season and I am looking forward to the new season coming up as I can just imagine how much higher the bar is going to be raised. Be safe and everyone enjoy their summer....

Yes, I totally agree....BUT being an adult who does know better (as I would like to consider myself, lol) I have to say that as I was in those stands, trying VERY hard to be respectful until the 'right time'...I looked extremely odd just standing there biting my lip as everyone from top to bottom was going insane around me...I find it hard to believe there were that many immature adults in the stands that day! I guess we can all agree that if it were CEA announced as second, there would have more than likely been just as many 'immature' adult WC fans reacting the same way...The emotions surrounding some teams are just so intense, but I don't think of that in a negative way, just in a way that makes the sport worth watching year after year! I can only say that I will be looking forward to every competition next season, knowing that a team like WC will do nothing less than come back even more fierce and stronger than ever....In the end....It's all good.

Spinn it, justify it, rationalize it any which way one prefers. We as ADULTS/PARENTS want to complain about poor sportsmanship, then we as ADULTS/PARENTS need to lead by example.... Not sit here and give excuses. I have seen more adults than kids act poorly. As others have stated SS and SE girls DO have friendships - they congratulated one another, hung out with one another, traded shirts with one another and they continue to talk to each other via text, facebook, formspring, oovo and I am sure they hope to continue it into the new season and many seasons to come.

Congrats all GOLD winners on their wins... It has been a GREAT season and I am looking forward to the new season coming up as I can just imagine how much higher the bar is going to be raised. Be safe and everyone enjoy their summer....

So ture, can we please leave it at this and give these kids a chance to compete in peace moving into next year and beyond.

I was there also and it was mayhem. I did not see ANY poor behavior from anyone. It was definitely one of the most exciting awards ceremonies EVER.

I do have a confession about my own behavior at Unlimited Awards. When they announced Cali as the Silver winner, I did scream out loud...very loud. I was so happy my gym got their spot back, that pure emotion took over.

Cheer Extreme did go a little over board with the tackling eachother on stage. I have NEVER been that rediculouse.

I was there also and it was mayhem. I did not see ANY poor behavior from anyone. It was definitely one of the most exciting awards ceremonies EVER.

I do have a confession about my own behavior at Unlimited Awards. When they announced Cali as the Silver winner, I did scream out loud...very loud. I was so happy my gym got their spot back, that pure emotion took over.

I don't blame you. Believe it or not, at Worlds it's not about beating anyone, because you beat everyone. It's just about the gratification of winning, seeing those kids that worked so hard get the gold. I know everyone else worked hard and wanted to and deserved to win, but that is not the nature of competition. I'll bet you right now that WC, F5, CA and other gyms will win again, soon enough.

Cheer Extreme did go a little over board with the tackling eachother on stage. I have NEVER been that rediculouse.

Maybe after you win the first Gold for your gym 16 years in the making after a fall, you might react a little differently.

I would also like to see this picture please. Incase you don't know how to how to, I can walk you through step by step. Go to www.tinypic.com and click upload. Then when you see a few different links to choose from, choose the one that has the code. Copy, paste, and VOILA.

[QUOTE="ELITE_4_EVER, post: 201236"]Cheer Extreme did go a little over board with the tackling eachother on stage. I have NEVER been that [B]rediculouse[/B].[/QUOTE]

Ridiculous*
But I agree with cheerKT. Please put yourself in their shoes. You would react the same way. No doubt about it.

why didnt tg , supercells, spirit of Texas, gym Tyme, Kentucky elite , or others behave this way ?

It's called class and respect , it's been this way for MANY years at worlds, why stop because cheer extreme won ?

why didnt tg , supercells, spirit of Texas, gym Tyme, Kentucky elite , or others behave this way ?

It's called class and respect , it's been this way for MANY years at worlds, why stop because cheer extreme won ?

In all seriousness, WHAT is your issue with the Cheer Extreme program? Because ever since you began posting here I have YET to see a post where you are criticizing them in some way? This isn't a rhetorical question either, I'm interested in your response. If you're not criticizing their awards behavior, you're calling their fans "hypocritical", or accusing the entire board of being too "pro-CEA". We all have our favorite teams, but none of us are quite as negative as you. I guarantee you none of the Shooting Star girls have nearly as much of a dislike for CEA as you do.

Who said its unsportsmanlike to celebrate a win in the first place?

Ever seen a football team "rush" the field after they win? Yes. Ever see an Olympic athlete get excited when they find out their score was the highest? Yes. I can guarantee you when Obama won the presidential election, he did not sit quietly while McCain had his "moment". It happens in any aspect of athletic, social or political competition. Why should our standards be different?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

cheerKT said:
In all seriousness, WHAT is your issue with the Cheer Extreme program? Because ever since you began posting here I have YET to see a post where you are criticizing them in some way? This isn't a rhetorical question either, I'm interested in your response. If you're not criticizing their awards behavior, you're calling their fans "hypocritical", or accusing the entire board of being too "pro-CEA". We all have our favorite teams, but none of us are quite as negative as you. I guarantee you none of the Shooting Star girls have nearly as much of a dislike for CEA as you do.

Wow someone needs a nap don't they ? you honestly need to chill ! This is a blogging board , not life or death situations ! You don't have any clue about my thoughts on teams , so how about you figure out your own problems before you hate on eveyone else because you are one of the most hypcritical and "b-word"iest person that I have ever come on contact with !
Gotta problem with that ? IDC
If anyone else does ?
Guess what ? IDC !

Back