OT Sweet 16 Average Budget

• Thread starter Deleted member 41136
  • Start date

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
@cheergirl2000 while I truly appreciate your willingness to pay for almost all of the trip, if I was your mom I would not want you spending all the $ you have worked hard for on a Sweet 16 trip. I would prefer you saved that money for college or a downpayment for something down the road.
Thank you for bringing this up. I also have a savings account for college which has money i have never even seen before. My job brings in about $10,000 a year after taxes and all that sh!t. 40% of the money I earn plus what my parents can spare goes to my college savings. 40% of my money goes to my savings account which is for all of my wants that my parents wont pay for. The last 20% is the amount i give myself to spend on snacks, books, and any fun stuff that isnt expensive. I appreciate you bringing this up as many people would probably call me crazy to be focused on Disney not college.

I turned 16 last month and I had a small party with less than 20 friends. An even smaller group of us went to see Paper Towns before(I'm obsessed with everything John Green) then we went back to my house and just hung out. I liked that more than a big party because 1. I get emotionally overwhelmed with that many people and 2. I didn't feel guilty for my parents spending a lot. As for a present, I was given money for a shopping spree to get new clothes but ended up using most of it to get a new gopro and lots of fun toys for that because I wakeboard. I think it all depends on what your family is comfortable spending/giving.

Thank you for bringing this up. I also have a savings account for college which has money i have never even seen before. My job brings in about $10,000 a year after taxes and all that sh!t. 40% of the money I earn plus what my parents can spare goes to my college savings. 40% of my money goes to my savings account which is for all of my wants that my parents wont pay for. The last 20% is the amount i give myself to spend on snacks, books, and any fun stuff that isnt expensive. I appreciate you bringing this up as many people would probably call me crazy to be focused on Disney not college.
10k after taxes? Damn that's impressive

**Oh, oh, oh, I wanna be free-yeah, to feel the way I feel
Man! I feel like a woman!**

10k after taxes? Damn that's impressive

It is actually more like $9,500 but I just rounded it up. I live in a fairly generous area and people tip extremely well. And i also live in an area where people "pay it forward" a lot.

I didn't really have a sweet sixteen. I had a normal birthday party with a few friends.

I can only think of one or two people who did the whole big deal blowout birthdays...one girl made a big show out of not inviting certain people (me being one of them, haha). Oh well...she failed/dropped out of college and I didn't, so I win.

I was (un)lucky enough to turn 16 right after that show really started in 05-06, and if you add up the amount my mom probably paid for gifts for each sweet 16 I probably could have paid for my own. From the girls on the cheerleading team alone, I had at least 2 a month to go to - that not only required a gift for the birthday girl, but for me to wear a semi-formal dress. the costs are nuts.

I also don't think I went to one that wasn't pre-gamed by a majority of the people there OR even better, the parents providing alcohol at said sweet 16. because what's more fun than a bunch of sloppy drunk 16 year olds?
SMH.

@cheergirl2000 Wow, you seem to really have your finances in check!

May I ask what kind of job it is?

May I ask what kind of job it is?

I am a server/ waitress at a restaurant near more high end hotels

Where do you live that they allow 15 year olds to be servers? And how are you able to work enough hours with school and cheer. Here in California they have pretty strict regulations about under 16 and working...Plus most restaurants here won't hire those who are too young to serve alcohol. My retired CP is 17 and watching the clock until she turns 18

I am a server/ waitress at a restaurant near more high end hotels
Okay, I am confused now. Having a good idea of what state you are in it seems to be illegal for you to work in an establishment that serves alcohol and there are not many full service restaurants I know of that don't serve alcohol or for many hours each week.

Okay, I am confused now. Having a good idea of what state you are in it seems to be illegal for you to work in an establishment that serves alcohol and there are not many full service restaurants I know of that don't serve alcohol or for many hours each week.

We actually dont serve alcohol. It is just in a higher end area.

Where do you live that they allow 15 year olds to be servers? And how are you able to work enough hours with school and cheer. Here in California they have pretty strict regulations about under 16 and working...Plus most restaurants here won't hire those who are too young to serve alcohol. My retired CP is 17 and watching the clock until she turns 18

In GA, I'm pretty sure you have to be over 75 to work at Waffle House or IHOP.

my sister had a party and it ended up being around $30,000

I decided not to have one and I was going to go to the super bowl but I hate making my parents spend money on me because of what they pay for cheer and the tickets were really expensive so I decided I am just going to go to the gymnastics Olympic trials which is about $200 per ticket

Back