OT Taylor Swifts New Song !

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Probably because the teens who go to these concerts can't tell the difference or don't care. I've heard a lot of people (both online AND offline) say that she sounds horrible live, and she sounded horrible at the music awards shows. If most teens like the music, they will go to the concert regardless. Or maybe because of her (fake) looks. Who knows!?

And yes, times are changing, and not for the better either.

"There is nothing permanent except change" so make the best of it. You must like some of this "newfangled" technology - you managed to find Fierceboard.

I am sorry but not all new country artists are untalented. THIS girl is amazing - even from the very beginning - mind you she is singing with no mic, and no background music. Well deserving of her place in the country music genre. This still gives me chill bumps.

Let me explain myself here: I realize that none of us were around back in the 80's when country music was country, and when you actually needed REAL talent to get a recording contract, when the music came from the heart, and when it didn't matter what you looked like. Now take a good look at the music industry today. With all the computers and newfangled equipment they have nowadays, ANYONE can be made to sound "good" on a recording. They can turn a lousy singer into a marketable product. This is what the music industry is after today. They go for young people, mostly young women and teen girls who would be considered "hot looking", because that's what the mainstream public wants. All of my favorite country artists were in their 30's, 40's, and 50's at the time when they were recording all of my favorite songs (back in the 80's). Today, there are very few recording artists that old. But they all wrote meaningful songs and sung about real-life experiences -- not some spoiled, immature, sheltered teenybopper writing lame songs about boys not liking her, getting revenge on boys who dump her, and all that other garbage that would appeal to middle-school girls. She's 22 going on 13.

By the way, I am not jealous of her looks, because it's all fake. Without all the makeup they put on her, I think she looks awful, to be honest.

And since none of us were around in the 80's, we have nothing to compare the music to that we call "country" today, because hardly any of us have ever heard real country music or know what it is or is supposed to sound like.

So I'm not just bashing Taylor Swift, I'm mainly bashing the music industry today. It really makes me sick to think about what has become of it. It's all about money and greed anymore. Many of the so-called "artists" today are getting paid more in a year than many of the artists 30 years ago made in their entire careers. And that is really a shame.

wait sorry hold the phone, i thought you said you werent bashing her? because if im not mistaken it seems like you are, buh bye now.
tumblr_m8t33v764i1qf6zuq.gif

*sorry i cant even just let this one slide my sarcastic grumpy nature is kicking into overdrive right now

My daughter went through a phase where she was in love with Taylor Swift, so my wife and I took the cp (and dragged our son along) to see Swift in concert. By and large, it was perfectly acceptable arena country-pop, if a little contrived and over-the-top for my tastes. But it's way more palatable than most music aimed at my daughter's age group.

I've heard the new song a couple of times, and 30 seconds into it I realized that it was a collaboration with Max Martin and it's basically Swift singing a rejected Kelly Clarkson song. It's not bad or anything - even sub-par Max Martin songs are entertaining crap - but it doesn't do a whole lot for me.

OK, here are a some of my favorite country artists:

Janie Fricke
Johnny Lee
Kenny Rogers
Don Williams
Gene Watson
Conway Twitty *
Emmylou Harris
Dan Seals *
Kathy Mattea
Tanya Tucker
Forester Sisters
Statler Brothers
Oak Ridge Boys
Alabama
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
Highway 101
Desert Rose Band

That's as many I can think of off-hand in the 5 minutes I spent on this message.
* = dead. They would flip over in their grave if they knew what the country music industry has become today and heard the music they call country.
33uwdcp.png

No Taylor Swift song belongs on a country station. She is a total disgrace to the country music genre, passing her rubbish off as country music. I can't even stand to listen to the radio anymore. It's not just her, but a load of other so-called "artists" with fake southern accents and lame lyrics passing themselves off as Country as well. Nobody has any talent anymore, it's all about looks and sex appeal, and all anyone cares about is money. Country music used to come from the heart in the 60's, 70's, and 80's. I could listen to that all day long (and I do, from my iPod and the 1200+ songs on it). Nowadays, it's changed so much, and not for the better. In fact, so much that I can't stand today's so-called "country" music when compared to the country music my parents listened to growing up.

I don't mean to offend anyone who listens to today's music, but it's just not my style.

Miranda Lambert invalidates your argument. So does Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney or Brad Paisley. Even someone like Carrie Underwood, for all of her pre-processedness, is very talented. Sure, there's some vapid crap on country radio these days, but there's vapid crap on top 40 radio as well.

Im not going to lie.. I just read through the first three pages of this and skimmed through the fourth and I dont even know what song you are all referring to ?

I'm a HUGE Taylor Swift fan, but weirdly I just can't seem to like this song. Anyway, I can't wait for the whole album to come out in October so I can listen to her new songs that I will hopefully enjoy!

Let me explain myself here: I realize that none of us were around back in the 80's when country music was country, and when you actually needed REAL talent to get a recording contract, when the music came from the heart, and when it didn't matter what you looked like. Now take a good look at the music industry today. With all the computers and newfangled equipment they have nowadays, ANYONE can be made to sound "good" on a recording. They can turn a lousy singer into a marketable product. This is what the music industry is after today. They go for young people, mostly young women and teen girls who would be considered "hot looking", because that's what the mainstream public wants. All of my favorite country artists were in their 30's, 40's, and 50's at the time when they were recording all of my favorite songs (back in the 80's). Today, there are very few recording artists that old. But they all wrote meaningful songs and sung about real-life experiences -- not some spoiled, immature, sheltered teenybopper writing lame songs about boys not liking her, getting revenge on boys who dump her, and all that other garbage that would appeal to middle-school girls. She's 22 going on 13.

By the way, I am not jealous of her looks, because it's all fake. Without all the makeup they put on her, I think she looks awful, to be honest.

And since none of us were around in the 80's, we have nothing to compare the music to that we call "country" today, because hardly any of us have ever heard real country music or know what it is or is supposed to sound like.

So I'm not just bashing Taylor Swift, I'm mainly bashing the music industry today. It really makes me sick to think about what has become of it. It's all about money and greed anymore. Many of the so-called "artists" today are getting paid more in a year than many of the artists 30 years ago made in their entire careers. And that is really a shame.
Don't hate the player hate the game...your making an awful lot of assumptions here about this artist

Back