OT Teaching An Old Guy How To 'cheer'??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Sep 28, 2012
okay so my oldest brother is a 'baby lawyer' (meaning hes only been a lawyer for like a year not thta he only does baby law) and this year he decided hes gonna be @ the big street party in weho as a cheerleader! (lulz something hes not telling us?!????) apparently he found a skirt n shell in his size!! id pay to see that in person. n/eway... he wants to learn basic cheers n came to me to ask. after i stopped laughing i was like, idk how to even start w/ him like i know he cant tumble or well anything really. hes just a big uncordinated dork. what shoul i tell him?

Teach him some jumps and some easy cheers. I think his "uncoordinated dorkiness" will make it even funnier :)

^ As this person said, definitely some simple sideline cheers! Here's some other ideas:
  • Forward rolls (even an 'unco-ordinated dork' can learn these!)
  • Some basic motions, e.g. high V, T
  • High kicks (I'm sure he'd find this quite funny)
  • Some really, really simple body positions, e.g. liberty
Good luck!

okay so my oldest brother is a 'baby lawyer' (meaning hes only been a lawyer for like a year not thta he only does baby law) and this year he decided hes gonna be @ the big street party in weho as a cheerleader! (lulz something hes not telling us?!????) apparently he found a skirt n shell in his size!! id pay to see that in person. n/eway... he wants to learn basic cheers n came to me to ask. after i stopped laughing i was like, idk how to even start w/ him like i know he cant tumble or well anything really. hes just a big uncordinated dork. what shoul i tell him?

In high school we did Powderpuff where our senior girls play our rival's senior girls in flag football. Our senior guys also sign up to be cheerleaders, it's a riot. Definitely teach them some jumps and very basic chants. We taught the boys the chants that we did in Pop Warner since they were simpler and required less strict motions.

i got this off his facebook... i didn't know he was doing 'glee' and i definitely didn't know he was going flyaway pleats! smh
622891_10151297477586754_1131535650_o.jpg

Back