All-Star Want To Be On A Cheer Reality Show?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@thesquadshow I know eventually you will need some of us Fierceboard people on the show. As long as you can cast Matthew McConaughey as my romantic lead...I'm in!

im actually REALLY excited for this.
And about the whole "portraying drama" part- lets face it guys, our sport is FULL of drama. It would only be natural for it to be highlighted on TV, as long as it's not in an abundance. (which im sure it wont be. im sure there will be a balance). I think this guy really does want to showcase the positive light of allstar cheer.'
Anyways, I would rather watch a fierce, yet cocky allstar cheerleader on TV than a wallflower who doesn't speak and has no personality! I wouldnt get half as into it[/quo

Same here, xjuscheerx! And there will be balance...promise!

Good television is our only intent. I want people really in the cheer world to love it. They deserve a good representation after all the hard work they put in.
I don't think this show will give cheerleaders a good reputation if all the athletes on the show will be cocky and arrogant...

Not trying to attack you personally. In my mind, what's good for tv isn't the same as what's good for the sport. I would rather watch a team that actually exists, then to see one created just for tv. That doesn't mean I won't watch at least the first episode of the show.
I agree. I'm not trying to put down the show right away without even watching it first, but if it is a reality show it would make much more sense to watch a real team.

Don't make me not like you again with the overuse of heavy capslock, bad grammar, and IMO a misuse of certain words (you say complain, where I would use 'express interest in' etc). That purple troll can only handle so much :rolleyes: <-As can this purple face.

Have we 'expressed interest' in having more cheer programming and a 'cheer' channel? Of course. But we want it on our terms. We're eager, but we're cautious. We want to guarantee a fair, reasonable, realistic portrayal of cheer, and when you see the words 'Casting' and 'Reality' together, there's a current of nerves because then it doesn't become about 'US', it becomes about what 'SELLS'. And you CAN say all you want, but ENTERTAINMENT IS A BUSINESS. You can promise me the sky is blue, but when it comes down to it you can NOT guarantee anything in that industry. We have quite a few adults on here who will be the FIRST to look passed the words 'cheer show' and 'casting' and notice a lack of specific information: the whos, wheres, whens, whys etc. as well as spot the 'big bold personalities' and 'cockiness and arrogance' and IMMEDIATELY become skeptical. Not only is the first bit part of some of their jobs as parents, both parts are part of their jobs as business owners/workers. It's like trying to hire someone for an important position and not having a resume to check references. The internet makes it very easy to fake anything. They very thing you're attacking us for being cautious about is the reason you're allowed to be anonymous on here (and not be held accountable for SOME of the things you say).

I'm also 'in' the business (show business-ugh, I hate saying it like that :confused:). A lot of the things he posted in that initial 'casting' swipe are things I typically AVOID in casting notices (granted, I avoid all the reality casting calls: Biggest Loser, RHOwherever, Cash Cab,etc). In school, we were ALWAYS told to be cautious for scams, and the importance of doing your homework and checking people's info/locations. Anything shrouded in secrecy in this sort of nature was HIGHLY warned against. I get they don't want a thousand people, but they might not get NEARLY the turnout they're hoping for with the amount of secrecy presented. I understand that some things might be under contract, but if I were a parent I'd be thinking more than twice about sending my kid along for this because it raises more than 10 of my red flags. I've seen people get scammed in this industry and it's NOT pretty.

SO, how do I wrap this? You, @thesquadshow might be doing something to benefit us. That's excellent. Prove it in your work, not in your words. We may be blunt, but we've been burned by enough shows portraying cheer in a different light than we were hoping for not to get our hopes up. We're a skeptical bunch. Reality shows about cheer (particularly recent ones) tend to amp up the drama and play down the skills. You have a LOT of business owners/smart cheer people/parents on here who are cautious, protective, and more than ready to drop you if you try to swing something. All we want is as much of the truth as you're able to give, and as much transparency as you're able to show. And next time, maybe word the notice better ;)
yIIZZ MaMMmmMM

I agree. I'm not trying to put down the show right away without even watching it first, but if it is a reality show it would make much more sense to watch a real team.

I don't know, if the idea is that you're creating a "made for TV" team to compete at the highest level of cheerleading, well, that could be really interesting. Yeah, you're going to have to wade through the reality TV nonsense, but I actually find the idea intriguing. It's not like you'd see this in many other sports - I couldn't imagine a soccer team put together with people plucked off a casting call and the competing in MLS.

I'm willing to reserve judgment until I see it.

I don't know, if the idea is that you're creating a "made for TV" team to compete at the highest level of cheerleading, well, that could be really interesting. Yeah, you're going to have to wade through the reality TV nonsense, but I actually find the idea intriguing. It's not like you'd see this in many other sports - I couldn't imagine a soccer team put together with people plucked off a casting call and the competing in MLS.

I'm willing to reserve judgment until I see it.

Thanks for that!

Doesn't mean filming after isn't.

Not sure why they would have tryouts/casting in Lexington and film in Louisville? If they were going to film a Gym Tyme team why not tryout at one of their 3 locations or specifically their main gym?

Back