All-Star Want To Be On A Cheer Reality Show?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not sure why they would have tryouts/casting in Lexington and film in Louisville? If they were going to film a Gym Tyme team why not tryout at one of their 3 locations or specifically their main gym?

The whole thing seems weird because I don't see a tryout/casting of the talented individuals, including Santwon, without having them move to Lexington now, after most tryouts have already taken place and most cheerleaders who will be cheering have already decided on gyms to cheer with. Also, the team needs to be sponsored by a gym which thesquadshow said he had handled. I don't see multiple coaches who have been part of multiple title winning teams not being part of a gym already. So, to think about programs in the area with a Open Coed Level 5, assuming international, that are able to go to a national competition, only leaves so many programs.

We'll be having a tryout to determine who makes the team. I stated thst in the original post...all tryouts serve as a form of casting, do they not?
I dont care that your tryouts serve as a form of casting...its not real cheerleading...Im certain you will have some of the best athletes in the sport on this "team" but how is this going to be real cheerleading...its going to have a reality tv biased any way you spin it.

The whole thing seems weird because I don't see a tryout/casting of the talented individuals, including Santwon, without having them move to Lexington now, after most tryouts have already taken place and most cheerleaders who will be cheering have already decided on gyms to cheer with. Also, the team needs to be sponsored by a gym which thesquadshow said he had handled. I don't see multiple coaches who have been part of multiple title winning teams not being part of a gym already. So, to think about programs in the area with a Open Coed Level 5, assuming international, that are able to go to a national competition, only leaves so many programs.

I thought I remembered Kentucky Allstars mentioning somewhere that they were thinking about forming their IOC5 team up again. I was thinking that this could be the team they are wanting to form seeing as how they are in Lexington and have National and World Champion coaches. I know that Gym Tyme had their tryouts for their level 5 worlds teams yesterday. I just don't see James Speed letting his athletes compete for Gym Tyme, possibliy Louisville, and another team all in one season unless he is involved but the location makes me believe he is not.

I thought I remembered Kentucky Allstars mentioning somewhere that they were thinking about forming their IOC5 team up again. I was thinking that this could be the team they are wanting to form seeing as how they are in Lexington and have National and World Champion coaches. I know that Gym Tyme had their tryouts for their level 5 worlds teams yesterday. I just don't see James Speed letting his athletes compete for Gym Tyme, possibliy Louisville, and another team all in one season unless he is involved but the location makes me believe he is not.

What three coaches does Kentucky have? I honestly don't know. I know Parkey and Zach are now at different gyms.

What three coaches does Kentucky have? I honestly don't know. I know Parkey and Zach are now at different gyms.

Off the top of my head they have Saleem and Adrian Bynum, who many might not think of as an amazing coach but he is a great choeographer and has national championships and a world title under his belt. On top of that they have Debbie Love as a tumbling instructor.

Off the top of my head they have Saleem and Adrian Bynum, who many might not think of as an amazing coach but he is a great choeographer and has national championships and a world title under his belt. On top of that they have Debbie Love as a tumbling instructor.

Thanks, I really didn't know anyone other than Adrian and Debbie.

One of the questions I have would be is this team going to compete? Are they going to go for a world bid? If so than the Athletes that are on this team can not compete with other teams per the USASF Worlds Rules. They would need to be released as this season is already underway as people have mentioned from the gym they are at now.

Is filming going to take place and start Next Season (2012/13)?

One of the questions I have would be is this team going to compete? Are they going to go for a world bid? If so than the Athletes that are on this team can not compete with other teams per the USASF Worlds Rules. They would need to be released as this season is already underway as people have mentioned from the gym they are at now.

I don't think they would have to be released yet. The USASF isn't opening up athlete registration until July 15th and I assume most teams haven't competed yet, so there's nothing binding an athlete to a gym per the USASF. There may be other issues if they signed a contract at a gym, but there shouldn't be anything that requires the release to compete at Worlds.

I was actually going to ask this earlier but I read the first post again and it says that they would follow them from tryouts to a "national competition" so I figured it would be more like to NCA/UCA/Cheersport. It does pose a good question if they plan on going for a bid. Do you think people would up and leave their team they are already on to be on this show? That could lead to some upset gym owners and coaches.

Also if someone comes to "tryout" for this team from say Texas and they make the cut, who is paying for them to travel to the gym to film?

Back