All-Star Want To Be On A Cheer Reality Show?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love how this has already stirred up so much discussion and "drama" and the tryouts/casting haven't even happened yet! Well...any who, I'll definitely be glued to my television watching it (if it ever makes it to that stage!) I think that Jersey Cheer was a great pilot show - and I hope that we get to see more of that.

This idea of making a special team to go to competitions that is being followed around with big personalities is kind of cool - because what if they walk into competitions, and are very good - and get their paid bid to worlds - and then go to worlds and blow up shop? Are we all going to turn around and say they only won because they were on TV?

As long as it's properly produced - and it airs on national television for a full season - awareness will be brought to our industry and people will begin to understand the hard work, dedication & perseverance that we all put into our sport!

We're gonna have a good mix of strong charachters while showcasing cheerleaders as athletes. We just don't want it to be a boring show.

Uhm....if you'd do a show about real, high level allstar cheerleading, it will never be boring. just saying...

Every team is a mix of different personalities, going from the shy hard worker to the bold and fierce queen.
it's all of those different persons that make a team unique. I believe it's that mix that makes a team work. if you have too much on the same it wont work. a team is like baking a cake, you need all the ingredients to make it taste good. you might like sugar, but if you replace the flour by sugar, it's too much and it fails.

though im really curious to see how it will be like. especially if you form an entire new team. Each coach will probably have experianced how hard it can be to need to change stuntgroups due to an injury or so. an amazing flyer might suddenly no longer hit her stunts perfectly because she's not that used to working with those bases.

I'm sorry if im sceptic...thing is, I worked too many times with tv producers who first listened and wanted to make it work and afterwards when i saw the result, it turned out to be another stereotypical portrait like there are too many.

many of us might be responding really fierce, but you must understand, cheer is a different world. I dont think there is any other sport in the world, where the athletes and their families are so much living in function of the sport. all in our live is cheer! it's our lifestyle, not just our sport! like a mom told me the other day: "i love to see how my child has grown in this sport and how her entire life has changed since she dediced to tryout, although it sometimes makes me feel like she's following a new religion: cheer"

I'm curious to know how the casting/try outs for this went? Did anyone on the boards attend or know anyone who attended?

Back